Favorite Eva Music

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:16 am

"A Moment When Tension Breaks" was a nice little incidental piece, as were the three songs titled "Background Music I, II, and III". I guess I don't have a supreme favorite, I just like some of the little details Sagisu put into some of the quieter, background tracks.
And of course, every piece of classical music. Beethoven's 9th was always a favorite long before I seen the show, and when episode 24 came along, ooooOOOOHHHHHH :kaworusparkle:
"That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument!" -Jim Steinman
"When I was growing up, there were two things that were unpopular in my house. One was me, and the other was my guitar." -Bruce Springsteen
"Alcohol is humanity's friend... Can I abandon a friend?" -Yang Wen-li
"...See you on the Dark Side Of The Moon~"

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:55 pm

My personal favorite just HAS to be "The Heady Feeling of Freedom"

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:34 am

My favorite scenes are where the music brings out the best in the scenes. Komm Susser Tod is great just how its all happy but about suicide. Give me wings was cool too bc it was probably the proudest eva fans have ever been of Shinji bc he finally takes what he wants and turns into a total badass. My favorite use of music out of all of eva was probably in Ep19 when Kaji is giving Shinji the peptalk and Thanatos starts playing. It fit the scene perfectly and hell it made me want to go pilot a giant robot.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:52 pm

View Original PostEvangelionGodMode wrote:Komm Susser Tod is great just how its all happy but about suicide.

Most upbeat song about suicide ever. :lol:

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:03 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Most upbeat song about suicide ever. :lol:
I don't know if u listen to Hollywood Undead but they have a song called bullet that is a close second
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:34 pm

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Devas
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Devas » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:47 pm

I can't just choose one between all.

My favorites action related themes:
1)Nerv
2)Spending time in preparation
3)A step forward into the terror.

But, Rei I and Rei III. They are too great, can't express the feeling they give.

Also, i like to hear the heady feeling of freedom and good, or don´t be.

Thanatos ... it makes me feel so sad.

The beast and the beast II are well done too.

Everyone has talked about Komm, Susser Tod. I can only agree, it's a memorable song.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Expansion of blockade by far.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:51 am

View Original PostSgt. Griff wrote:That or the God's Message from the same. The choral parts are fucking tight man, absolutely tremendous pieces. The only qualm with either is I feel like Shirou maybe was too constrained with time to properly develop what material he had and end them properly, I mean, what's there is awesome, but it's clearly not polished.

I was wrong, I listened to the 2.22 soundtrack and man, he did a way better job with this on the Q OST.

But I shouldn't be so harsh, it's movie music, so it does rely on the same phrases and themes repeated ad nauseum while the stuff on the screen changes. Viewed as the whole package, it's definitely better than on its own.
Leave Shinji alone

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:26 am

All together, Ha has my favorite soundtrack because I enjoy every single song from it. Some of the Q soundtrack are absolutely brilliant, but some of them just don't speak to me.

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:59 am

Komm Susser Tod is one of my favorite songs and the reason why I am able to say, without a trace of irony, that I want an Evangelion musical.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:58 pm

I think Komm Susser Tod has a special place in the hearts of most Eva fans, including mine. Other than that, I think one of the themes that has stuck with me the most is Yamashita from 2.0. Just some really nice background music to accompany the morning commute of the Eva pilots and bridge bunnies.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Komm, süsser Tod has a special place for me because it was specifically what brought Evangelion and me together in the first place. I was actually searching for a particular version of Bach's setting of the chorale, and happened upon YouTube clips of the song from EoE with the same name, was intrigued and captivated by the accompanying video, and it all developed from there - my interest in Eva, and subsequently my interest in anime in general. This was only about four years ago.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:31 pm

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:Komm Susser Tod

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Komm Susser Tod

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Komm, süsser Tod.

Honestly I have yet to get tired of this song and I don't I ever will
It's just too beautiful of a song.

- Suicidahlia

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:45 pm

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:Komm Susser Tod is one of my favorite songs and the reason why I am able to say, without a trace of irony, that I want an Evangelion musical.

I actually had a dream about that not too long ago. The year was 2092. There was a production of Evangelion as a musical in Amsterdam-III. Shinji was played by a girl.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:26 pm

The track "One of me, two of someone else" (or something like that) reminds me of Liszt's Années de pèlerinage.

Aether
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Aether » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't know if I can say it's my favorite, but I've literally had The Beast II stuck in my head for over a year. Help?
I think my favorite is probably Harbinger of Tragedy, I think that one plays during the Iruel bit. Rei II's also up there.
If a king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?

strawhatpatriot
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby strawhatpatriot » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:11 pm

"Dance like you want to win" is the best soundtrack in the series, and quite possibly the GOAT soundtrack in Anime history.
Congratulations!

NewEraGospel
Embryo

Im sorry,

•      
  •      

Postby NewEraGospel » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:33 am

Im sorry i know this is really lame and stereotypical but my favourite EVA song has to be none other than "a cruel angels thesis". Mainly because of how completely mind blowing it was to me when i first heard the song in the shows opening i clearly remember thinking to myself "My god this is the best song ever!" it was just unlike any song i had ever heard on a tv series at the time (due to me mainly watching crappy 90s action cartoons at that age). Plus every time i hear it all these brilliant evangelion memories all come flooding back to me, which is always nice. As for my second favourite that would have to be "fly me to the moon". Because about a month before watching EVA, in my music class we were learning how to play it (which made me instantly love the song) meaning when i first heard the song at the end of the first episode i fell even more in love with it. Its a complete classic!
"The contents of a persons heart shapes their appearance"-End of Evangelion

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 am

Here is as good a place as any to ask it.

Why is the song called 'Famously' anyways?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”