FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Had to remove an asbestos waste pipe today, had the landlord ring the council up in regards to how to proceed, council brought the red bagging. It's the kind of asbestos that only really reacts when attacked with power tools. So we removed it and replaced with plastic waste pipe. Had to pour water on the areas I was going to crack to wet the fibres, had to put the pipe sections in two so I could get it in the bag. Wore a respirator, bagged it up, sealed the bags with tape, double bagged, sealed those ones up. Rang up local environment body and they said they would collect it on wednesday. It all went well. But I don't like going near asbestos.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:36 pm

I put in one complaint about Asscreed unity and suddenly YogscastHannah and all her followers jump on me.

So i bring up the dev laziness with female models and prove that they have done it before easily they just didn't want to now, she claims there is no good reason to have a playable female assassin (ignoring this is the french revolution but ok maaaybe i can buy that)

I bring up all the bugs: "its getting patched"

I bring up the fact it cant even run 30fps smoothly on consoles and barely 60 on pc and is very poorly optimized: "it looks beautiful its just next gen" :fuyu_facepalm:

I cant even express an opinion without fanboys clawing at me these days

The stupid gets worse:
SPOILER: Show
"So the fact that they made every single multiplayer character a man because every player will always be playing Arno from their own viewpoint is a bad excuse? It's a good reason. If I were creating a multiplayer like that where every player will play the female lead at all time, I wouldn't include the possibility of playing a man either. Because, you know, you are just not playing a man."- a random commenter
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Sorry, Rose, but you're a girl. You can't win, no matter what. Doesn't matter that you're 100% correct, you lose based on your anatomy.

And that's as FML as it gets.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:58 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Sorry, Rose, but you're a girl. You can't win, no matter what. Doesn't matter that you're 100% correct, you lose based on your anatomy.

And that's as FML as it gets.

Yeah....i really don't know what i expected out of youtube comments

Seriously though what makes it worse is Hannah's excuse is basically: oh well there is one (yes a grand total of one) cool female SIDE character.
Thats all well and good but if the four assassins are supposed to be planks of wood so they can be player avatars why is there not female option? you do realize females play your games right ubi?
Last edited by Rosenakahara on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:08 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Yeah....i really don't know what i expected out of youtube comments

Basic decency? Silly female.

Thats all well and good but if the four assassins are supposed to be planks of wood so they can be player avatars why is there not female option? you do realize female play your games right ubi?

Wait, girls exist? Lolwut? What is this nonsense of which you speak?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:14 pm

I would also like to add, remember that multiplayer arena type deal thing in Asscreed that has had female characters since it first started? yeah they got kicked out of those too.

^yeah i didn't realize i existed until recently too

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:08 pm

Putting in a female playable character for single player would have been stupid, since it's a story-driven series, and not every game has to have a male and female protagonist option. However, making up a bullshit excuse to fight off rabid "muh patriarchy" fake feminists is stupid, and not including female multiplayer characters is a poor design choice by all accounts.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby delispin25 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:15 pm

People are still complaining about Assassins Creed Unity? Wow.
Yes, truly the pinnacle of FML, having your feelings hurt by a game that's demographic you don't belong to. Next you'll tell me I can't play my favorite video games as a disabled transgender pizza-kin. THE HORROR!

I'm glad Ubisoft didn't cave after all the SJW fallout, unlike some companies.
Also, having a female assassin would be historically inaccurate.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:39 pm

Youtube commenters are mostly horrible little cretins.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:49 pm

There is a cat farting video on YouTube whose comments contain a secret alchemical formula to destroy the universe, but I'm not telling you which one it is.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:07 pm

View Original Postdelispin25 wrote:People are still complaining about Assassins Creed Unity? Wow.
Yes, truly the pinnacle of FML, having your feelings hurt by a game that's demographic you don't belong to

I'm glad Ubisoft didn't cave after all the SJW fallout, unlike some companies.
Also, having a female assassin would be historically inaccurate.

The definition of first world problems.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Postby StarShaper7 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:08 pm

I don't think the people making or playing AC are too concerned with historical accuracy. They stick to the narrative set out in historical texts for the most part and keep the story as more of a "behind-the-scenes/this could have happened" kind of thing, but it's still pretty far-fetched. At least more so than the concept of female assassins.

I'll probably play AC Unity if one of my friends gets it. I'm sure systematic, pre-meditated murder is a great team-building exercise. :lol: The second one was awesome, but I haven't played past a few hours of AC3.

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:I haven't said this but about a month ago in-law nearly had the gun to his head, causing a terrible shitstorm after he thought sis was two-timing against him as if it was revenge for the adultery he did six years ago.

What I want is stability and security, and if that man cannot take hold of himself and do something for the better than delivering false promises, it's just as worse as having me to deal with a psychotic ex-stepmother.

In any case, I still have contingency plans in place should things come to worse, one of which I'd rather try to live and work temporarily with a trusted friend and his family until things go back to normal.

He held a gun to his head? Glad to hear it hasn't gone farther, but IMO it would be best to work towards separation/divorce. From what I can tell, this person seems pretty psychologically unstable. Maybe he could see a therapist? When someone points a gun to his head, that's as big of a red flag as you can get. Best to do something before it gets worse.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:18 am

So I've decided that as soon as I can afford it, I'm moving - I'm under constant emotional and financial stress, and given the increased derisiveness and avoidance of my peers, I get the sense that no one I hang around really wants me there at all. I'm actually at the point where I'd rather try to get back into the good graces of my abusive ex just so I have a way out of here. I now have three - fucking THREE - roommates with no income and no clear signs of any of them finding employment any time soon, and I'm tired of being taken for a free ride by people who abandon me and give me little, if any, respect. These people are entirely dependent on my income, and it doesn't stretch four ways; all I get are attempts at external behavior moderation and exclusion. I haven't even had a say in who can be in the house or what can go in inside of it since my first roommate's then-ex-GF moved in - for someone who covers all expenses and gets by day-to-day dealing with the tremendous burden of juggling friend-circle politics and imminent financial jeopardy, I've been getting the short straw repeatedly and have almost nothing to show for it; hell, I've started smoking again because the urge to quickly and externally cope with all of this crazy shit hit me too hard, too fast, and I have yet to get back up and quit again. I am something of about 750 USD in debt (was 840-ish, but I paid back my brother some this month), 200 of it to Time Warner Cable for installation charges I couldn't pay after I got fired from Church's Chicken...the internet access being a prerequisite of having a roommate to begin with.

If someone in this dilapidated shack finds a job and starts helping me with bills and food before the year is over, I may not move after all, but right now I feel like I'm continuing to be taken advantage of, and I'm not going to let the people who are supposed to be my closest friends destroy my livelihood just because they're content enough with the way things are. If I got a job first and left, they'd all essentially be a stone's throw away from totally screwed; while that may force them to actually start taking care of themselves, it also may end up being the most heinous betrayal I'll ever commit, especially if circumstance isn't favorable towards them in the coming months.

I'll admit, I haven't been very warm and accommodating over the past few months, but who honestly would do much differently in my position? My life is barren and fruitless, devoid of any personal meaning or motivation; my dry spell hasn't even shown signs of coming to any sort of enjoyable conclusion, and I'm constantly expected to jump through hoops with a fucking smile on my face so everyone else can enjoy their day, regardless of what I have to give up in the process. I live in a den of fucking drama-fueled vipers who suck more of my life away every goddamn day with no safe haven in sight, and should I challenge the way things are in any way, I stand to be evicted, because no matter fucking WHAT, everyone else's well-being comes before mine, ESPECIALLY when it directly negatively impacts it, and I'm just fucking sick of it. I live a life without love, satisfaction, or direction while I'm constantly surrounded by people who are happier than me, friends who constantly judge me for being resentful and jealous of what more they have than me, and this stupid game they're playing where they expect me to concede more and more ground just to see what I can take before I completely explode has made a wreck of me more times than I can count. They want me to be happy with my meager, miserable life so they can enjoy theirs without me raining down on their fucking parade, so I'm acceptably docile and compliant with my life being forsaken to maintain the status quo in theirs, all while lying to my face about wanting to help me find happiness in life.

Honestly, I'd figure they were trying to remove me entirely were it not for their total dependence on my income. Maybe I'm not seeing things clearly, but I feel these people owe me at least some respect and gratitude, not constant rejection from friend-group activities and...behavioral control.

I can't have an enjoyable life without royally fucking the people who I've allowed to become dependent on me, and I can't have vengeance on those who have contributed to the past two and a half years of living Hell either. All the while, I only visit three fucking websites on the face of the fucking Earth, and have no real social life to speak of apart from the roommates who freeload off of me, the other friend-circle members who have been avoiding and excluding me at literally every available opportunity, and my landlord. I'd have killed myself many times over the past nearly three years were it not for my insurmountable fear of dying.

TL;DR: I'm constantly stressed about friend drama and imminent financial ruin, and I desperately want out of it.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:06 am

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Putting in a female playable character for single player would have been stupid, since it's a story-driven series, and not every game has to have a male and female protagonist option. However, making up a bullshit excuse to fight off rabid "muh patriarchy" fake feminists is stupid, and not including female multiplayer characters is a poor design choice by all accounts.

I was more complaining about the various issues of the game not just that one aspect, even then it was just the multiplayer i was annoyed about.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:02 am

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:TL;DR: I'm constantly stressed about friend drama and imminent financial ruin, and I desperately want out of it.

Get out, I reckon. These people sound toxic and are only making your life more difficult - something nobody needs; life is hard enough as it is.

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:01 am

Came close to taking my own life again tonight. Not even really sure why. Thankfully my mom caught me and stopped me. Part of me wishes she hadn't though.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:03 am

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:TL;DR: I'm constantly stressed about friend drama and imminent financial ruin, and I desperately want out of it.

You should get out. Not just for the hostile attitude of your friends, but also for the fact that you should get money problems set straight. Those people are not friends if you they force you to take on debt so that you can support them financially.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:18 am

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:Came close to taking my own life again tonight. Not even really sure why. Thankfully my mom caught me and stopped me. Part of me wishes she hadn't though.

:(

:huggles:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:53 am

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:Came close to taking my own life again tonight.

Kaz, you're scaring me, man. Thank fuck your mum stopped you. Reply to my PM.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:18 am

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:Came close to taking my own life again tonight. Not even really sure why. Thankfully my mom caught me and stopped me. Part of me wishes she hadn't though.

Tasted that poison before. One day you'll be glad she saved you.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”