If the house is a-rockin'... [RML Thread 3]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:32 am

A ton of stress has vanished from my life today. I can't go into the particulars on the forum, but I am now a much happier and generally healthier human. :tongue:

Also, as an RML, it is raining outside for the first time in a long time. The droplets are big, and the rain is heavy, and I am very happy and content.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:25 am

Today I went to pay the deposit for our Christmas lunch, at one of the nice gastro-pubs in the nearby villages, and had lunch while I was there, as it was that time of day. Sitting outside on the patio, in the glorious sunshine, in a T-shirt.

And I'd done much the same at lunchtime at the work local, yesterday.

This almost makes up for the spring we had last year.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:29 pm

The praxes are over. Just a litle over an hour ago, I finally called all the people that dirtied my clothes, that demanded a total lack of body contact with them, that even told me not to look in their eyes, my friends. All of that for this moment. I was so happy I started crying like a little girl and hugged everyone.

Hell, I don´t think there was a single person that wasn´t crying. I love them, I love them all.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:06 am

Initiation, eh? I'm glad that you feel all the closer to your peers because of it. :D

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:46 am

Initiation? Was this a hazing incident?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:59 am

I'm glad it worked out for you.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby mechashiva » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:16 am

Well, its rocking news to me but I got my ex into Evangelion. I must have piqued his interest even though he's not big into anime (but he knows subs are better than dubs) because I made him choose, after our Halloween night of walking around Richmond trying to find a place to eat, when we got back to the hotel to watch either "Evangelion" or "Twin Peaks" (he's never seen it) he chose Evangelion.

So my Halloween I spend watching the first two episodes with him in a king size bed with a HDMI cable hooked from his laptop to the TV. I think he likes it so far. I don't remember his specific words but he thinks its "interesting" and wants to see more. :tongue:
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:57 am

Justcrazyguy: Are you an Illuminatus, now? Because I have some issues with you guys, but you aren't responding to them when I try and communicate through the voice taps on my phone. What's the point of secretly manipulating my life if I can't use your organization's unchecked surveillance for Customer Service?

mechashiva: Yeeessss...more souls for the...I mean...oh, good, another fan! Encourage him on this Eva interest. Expand his mind.

......his delicious, unsuspecting mind.........
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:01 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:mechashiva: Yeeessss...more souls for the...I mean...oh, good, another fan! Encourage him on this Eva interest. Expand his mind.

......his delicious, unsuspecting mind.........

SPOILER: Show

Yes...let the darkness that is Eva take it's intended course...

*does nothing for remainder of episode*
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Tis a good night.
Last edited by Sorrow on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:25 pm

I really enjoy the rains myself, since it's something we rarely get in Los Angeles. There's nothing like curling up on the sofa with a mug of tea or hot chocolate while the rain is pouring outside. Alternatively, I just throw on a coat and run around in it. Sometimes I omit the coat. There's a nice feeling of just dropping what you're doing, standing outside in the pouring rain, and then going back inside and toweling off. There's just something nice.

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:50 pm

It's definitely the best time for a walk.
Last edited by Sorrow on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:58 pm

I get all the weather you both want.

And I love it.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

PG 134
Adam

Postby PG 134 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:18 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I get all the weather you both want.

And I love it.

Good ol' Chicago Midwest region. Anything goes when it comes to whether and time of year! :lol:

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:32 pm

I did ten points above average on my second Finance test which is good because I was a point and a half below average on the first one. Due to the fact that this class is not significantly curved, a A is probably out of reach, but I'm happy with a few Bs at this point. Especially since I just want to get through the semester with my sanity intact.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:34 pm

View Original PostPG 134 wrote:Good ol' Chicago Midwest region. Anything goes when it comes to whether and time of year! :lol:

Year to year, I have no idea what to expect anymore. Most years, March is cold and dreary, but then in 2012 it was sunshine and bunnies practically the whole month long. Some years September stays warm, other years it quickly turns cold. Outside of the height of summer and the deepest of winter it seems like anything goes. And even then, a couple years ago we had one really mild winter (green Christmas, not white), and this past summer we had a summer so mild I didn't have to turn on the A/C in the sunroom even once, whereas the previous year it was on regularly.
System Administrator

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:07 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Year to year, I have no idea what to expect anymore. Most years, March is cold and dreary, but then in 2012 it was sunshine and bunnies practically the whole month long. Some years September stays warm, other years it quickly turns cold. Outside of the height of summer and the deepest of winter it seems like anything goes. And even then, a couple years ago we had one really mild winter (green Christmas, not white), and this past summer we had a summer so mild I didn't have to turn on the A/C in the sunroom even once, whereas the previous year it was on regularly.
Tell me about it. Living in Florida is rough. It's 48F, here. I think it's going to snow, soon.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:52 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Year to year, I have no idea what to expect anymore. Most years, March is cold and dreary, but then in 2012 it was sunshine and bunnies practically the whole month long. Some years September stays warm, other years it quickly turns cold. Outside of the height of summer and the deepest of winter it seems like anything goes. And even then, a couple years ago we had one really mild winter (green Christmas, not white), and this past summer we had a summer so mild I didn't have to turn on the A/C in the sunroom even once, whereas the previous year it was on regularly.

Not surprised anymore now that climate change is becoming for real, and everyone will have to live with it.

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby mechashiva » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:24 pm

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:
SPOILER: Show

Yes...let the darkness that is Eva take it's intended course...

*does nothing for remainder of episode*

Oh u :wink:

I had to try REALLY hard not to spoil too much but its kind of hard me knowing what's coming up. Like when the EVA 01's head gets pierced by Sachiel and blood starts spurting out, he seemed confused and I had to hold my tongue. I think I said something like "Oh, you have NO idea :lol: "

It was more like me sharing it with him. I hoped he didn't hate it outright but its not he's never seen a weird thing ever. We met through a Mystery Science Theater Livejournal community and he's gotten me into a lot of weird stuff like Zappa. Plus I had before just watched it by myself and since we're both Misties, we riffed on it a little. Like at the tail end of ep. 2 when Misato announces she's coming into Shinji's room before she comes in, I said "You better not be playing pocket pool in there, young man!" because, I dunno, it always struck me as like yeah, she's doing the polite thing by not just barging in and knocking first but also...well, Shinji's a teenage boy. She might catch him doing something naughty. That would be kind of awkward :hahaha:
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:59 pm

So...I got a 64 on my second tax midterm, but that's a point above average...so, yay?
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”