Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Google, people. FFS!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Here's the link. Context still unknown.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:57 pm

I know, right? WTF does that even mean?
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:00 pm

At first I thought that it was a google thing (that was what the graph looked like at first) but it seems to be measuring websites that have certain words, or something. How the heck did you discover the site in the first place?

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:00 pm

What does this mean??

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:01 pm

No se. Nobody seems to know. -o-;

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:07 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:At first I thought that it was a google thing (that was what the graph looked like at first) but it seems to be measuring websites that have certain words, or something. How the heck did you discover the site in the first place?

I don't even know. I was responding to a post, and hit Google for something, and that site was one of the results. I can't begin to fathom why.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:08 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Google, people. FFS!

I can't google "How did Bagheera discover a quote from himself on a Stanford website?".

But now that I've said it here... I can.
View Original PostBagheera wrote:I don't even know. I was responding to a post, and hit Google for something, and that site was one of the results.

Yay, found it on the first try!

You can do it too!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:41 pm

Within the first week or two of being here, I had noticed that I could Google pretty much anything I had typed here, and it would show up on the first page. Depending on how specific it was, of course.

Even "I'm sorry Bagheera" makes the first page, at the very bottom.

It doesn't explain the graph, however. Judging by the bottom of the page, it appears to mean that, that exact usage of words (in any order?) has been used 149 times? There is a link with the exact quote, and it takes you to a topic here, titled "Eva in a sentence", and more specifically to a comment by a user called Titanium, that reads "Your mom."
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:50 pm

Words on the internet go strange places. Just googling even part of Bagheera's quote brings up truly bizarre results containing the full quote.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi there.

After reading Evageeks on and off for a few months, I created an account.

I discovered Evageeks a long time ago, IIRC after somehow being pointed to Reichu's creepily fascinating "naked Eva" statues (those things exert bile fascination on people...), after watching Eva on Manga Entertainment's R2 DVDs (the old ones). Although I haven't watched the remasters or Rebuild yet, I've been buying some Eva-related merchandise in the last few months - mostly vintage garage kits (including everyone's favourite penile Angel).

Now before this causes problems, apparently I created an account on here a long time ago, so long ago I didn't even remember I ever did. I don't remember the username and the password is not on my little paper list of forum passwords, so it must be nearly a decade ago... So I registered using a different email address. Please don't banninate me for that! :uhh:

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Welcome to the club.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Welcome to the boards! :D

serveux
Embryo

Postby serveux » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:08 am

Hey everybody!

I first saw Eva earlier this year, and fell in love with it. I watched the series, EoE, and the Rebuilds in very short order and it stuck with me in the ensuing months. I started to rewatch it a bit ago, and found myself wanting to talk about it a whole lot. So I found this place!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Watch out for snakes!

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:11 am

Welcome to the madness, serveux! Always a blast to have new folks.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Nitroflame
Embryo

Postby Nitroflame » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:34 pm

Hey guys, I kind of recently found this place and decided to join it. I'm into eva and other animes, part of that includes going to cons and cospalying as mostly eva characters. The cosplays I have currently done is a Gendo Ikari and a Sailor gendo cosplay/crossplay. In the future I plan to get a plugsuit finished.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:55 pm

When that's done, you'll have to post a pic. Also...thumbs up on Holo the Wolf!
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:07 pm

View Original PostNitroflame wrote:Sailor gendo cosplay/crossplay

Now this I must see. Welcome to the forums!

Nitroflame
Embryo

Postby Nitroflame » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:09 am

I looked over some of my pictures, i took it out to Geek Girl Con In seattle last weekend, and here's two I like. Also my Camera died for the 2nd day so I don't have that many photo's

SPOILER: Show

midorikitakami
Embryo

Postby midorikitakami » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:09 am

hi im midorikitakami and id like to thank not only god but also jesus for this username
i am NOT a weeaboo despite all evidence to the contrary
i ate a whole loaf of bread in one sitting once

it was really dry

thank
if i dont talk to myself who will???

Return to “Old Stickies”