[TV] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:53 pm

The show is cute and funny. The characters are well constructed and adorable to watch; in fact there seems to be a pony for everyone who watches the show. And to top it all off season finales 2 and 4 are some of the more emotionally engaging things from the show. It’s not bad.

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:03 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I don't hate Bronies. I fail to understand them, but I don't hate them. Much like Sailor Moon, MLP is one of those things everyone around me seems to like/love. But I personally just couldn't bring myself to care for.

Same here. Can't really get into the animation or the plot of either show. I have a couple friends who like MLP and they showed me a couple episodes. I see why some people get into it but I'm not a fan.
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:07 pm

It's all right, Compiling_Autumn...we can fix that. We just have to cut out that little part of your brain that prevents you from seeing the friendship....

:gendoscheme:
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:33 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:It's all right, Compiling_Autumn...we can fix that. We just have to cut out that little part of your brain that prevents you from seeing the friendship....

SPOILER: Show
Image join us
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:10 am

So yeah , saw the second equestria girls movie, while the first one was alright despite the questionable character designs, I have to say this one was pretty bad. I think they tried too hard to appeal to the monsters high people since some of the new designs in this looked like they were lifted straight out of that.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:23 pm

I may get called close-minded for this, but I can generally tell within a few minutes of digging whether something is my kind of show or not. MLP is not my kind of show. It's great if you like, but it doesn't appeal to me.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm shocked that you guys aren't talking about the new MLP movie

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:05 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:I'm shocked that you guys aren't talking about the new MLP movie

I really hope this isn't another equiestria girls movie, the first one was ok despite the crappy character designs, but I really did not care for the second one at all. Best just to leave the ponys in ponyville for the movies imo.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:18 am

Pretty sure it's going to be a ponies only movie, at least that's what I've heard.

Also, I enjoyed both Equiestria Girls movies, the first edging out the second in quality by a slight margin.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:41 am

I like your User Image, child of Lilith. Rather, I like the concept behind it but the execution could be better. The wave looks too close, as if it were about to crash into Applejack and Rainbow Dash and they don't give a shit. The rendering of the sea could be better. But I like how RD and AJ are drawn here. It's just a neat little idea for a scene, having the two of them gazing into the horizon created by where the sky meets the sea, lost in thought, as they sit on the shore with a bottle of [s]wine[/s] apple cider. I guess the dark sand or whatever they're supposed to be sitting on could use more detail. But it kind of adds to the mood of melancholy contemplation. Might just be me, but it's a weirdly thought-provoking fan art, something you usually don't say. I'd really like to see more pieces like it.

SPOILER: Show

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:54 am

View Original PostStarShaper7 wrote:Might just be me, but it's a weirdly thought-provoking fan art, something you usually don't say. I'd really like to see more pieces like it.
It isn't just you. I feel much the same way.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:28 pm

I like it too. ^_^
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:37 pm

^The three musketeers. :highfive:

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:12 pm

I sincerely enjoyed the climax of Rainbow Rocks more than I did the climax of The Avengers. I don't know if that makes me a brony, but I'm sure that it makes me a plebian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjmsThcOGTQ

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:57 pm

MLP can bring the awesome when it wants to. Hell, look at last season's finale... that was practically a DBZ episode, complete with energy beam spam and chucking people through mountains.

I will say however that the animation style just doesn't work as well for these humanized side stories. It seems a little too disjointed at times, uncanny.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:04 pm

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:38 am

MisterDavie was actually my introduction to MLP:FiM, strangely enough. My friends are fiendishly wonderful.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:51 pm

View Original PostStarShaper7 wrote:SMILE

I always said if pinkie really did go evil like in cupcakes, she would probably be the most dangerous thing in equestria given that reality tends to just warp around her.

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:58 am

View Original PostStarShaper7 wrote:SMILE

SHED

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:53 am

Did anybody else notice a certain group of Colts fans in one of the superbowl commercials?

YUP.

Return to “Film and Video”