Worst video game that you played?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby delispin25 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:25 pm

I've played so many bad games. I remember actually getting a headache from how bad Superman 64 was. My babysitter's son had rented it and wanted me to play it with him. The sad part is, he actually liked it. I also had a similar experience with Terminator 2 on the Gameboy. Total garbage game.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:38 pm

Bubsy 3D (The game would give me headaches all the time)

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:36 am

War Thunder could fit, depending on the day :lol:
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:50 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:War Thunder could fit, depending on the day :lol:

Still waiting for the battle rating trainwreck to hopefully clear.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Any first person shooter on console is torture for me, except when I am playing with friends where my frustration is then turned into comedy.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

I never did play the first game, but don't think I really needed to. II's gameplay experience was just so repetitive. There's one part where I had to jump from one column to the next and destroy it while avoiding some huge rancor; merely a boring pattern. Nothing really felt satisfying besides I guess some cool cutscenes.

It's a shame though, as it's a pretty cool story concept, but the game's execution was very contrived.
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:23 pm

View Original PostThanatosII wrote:Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

The Force Unleashed pretty much marked the downfall of LucasArts, from what I heard they canned Battlefront 3 in favour of it, but I might be mixing old news articles up.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:52 pm

That's okay, though, because we are still getting Battlefront.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:03 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:That's okay, though, because we are still getting Battlefront.

The game isn't out yet, the franchise is owned by Disney, it's being published by EA. Ditching the III is an obvious marketing maneuver which may perhaps hint at how different it will be to the previous games. That's all my shitty speculation, I'm not gonna get hyped over an EA game.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:12 pm

I thought for sure that Desert Bus was already mentioned in this thread. But I guess some argue it's the best video game ever made. There's a version for it on Android now, reading the comments at the Play Store is great.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Never playing that again... Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:33 am

Lego Racer 2

Just OMG... OMG... the voices... why did they add voices?!?

SPOILER: Show
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:26 am

Castlevania Lords Of Shadows 2

Don't know if it's the worst but definitely one of the worst. I feel so bad for playing it and losing hours of my life that i will never get back. Yeah, it's that bad.

As i fan of the franchise and mostly a fan of the first game, i had high hopes for Lords Of Shadows 2. Unfortunately the game turned out to be a nightmare. Bad story, ugly enviroments, bad enemy design, bad pacing, bad writing and the ending...... oh the ending. It's like saying to you ''why in the world did you played this game? Fuck you!''. No start and no finish.

I am trying so hard to pretend that there is no sequel and Lords Of Shadows is a standalone game.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

dvdmovies123
Embryo

Re: Worst video game that you played?

•      
  •      

Postby dvdmovies123 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:46 pm

hmmm...probably bubsy 2 on the gameboy. yes it's even worse than bubsy 3d!

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:42 am

Having played Action 52 on an emulator, kinda hard to pick a worst game than that. The fist of the North Star NES game is one of the worst I’ve actually beaten. It’s been ten years at least, but I still have one of the music tracks stuck in my head.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

alexroy73
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby alexroy73 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:56 am

"Ride to Hell: Retribution" has been widely considered as one of the worst video games of all time by both critics and gamers, due to its poor graphics, clunky gameplay, and terrible storyline. It received overwhelmingly negative reviews and is often cited as an example of a poorly made game. That being said, everyone has different tastes and preferences when it comes to video games, so if you are enjoying playing "Ride to Hell," then that's what matters most.

DiracSea902
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DiracSea902 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:15 pm

Jurassic Park: Trespasser
Everything about this game was ass. The health monitor tattooed in the shape of a heart on the MC's boob, the wonky fucking arm. Everything.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”