FML General Thread [6]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Sorry to hear about that, mate-- anything you'd care to tell us about here?

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:44 pm

I'm not sure. Kind of yes...sort of no?

...I have no clue.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Gob, you are a very funny and interesting commentator. Your fanfics are excellently written, and you have a lovely wife. More than I can say for me at this point in time.

You cleaning that Toe right?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:03 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:I think Iay be at the lowest point in my life right now.

You just got back from a deployment, so I think that's at least somewhat normal. Just lean on your family, talk when you need to, and focus on putting one foot in front of the other. It'll get better with time.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:14 pm

It was just a training stint (not a deployment), but I've been winding down well before that. AT had its own issues....

I am just...so...tired. And angry. All the time. I can say more tonight, when I leave the monthly training meeting...so around 8:30 PM? I needed to bitch, but I'll have my thoughts collected then.

I appreciate the support, though, guys. It helps a bit.

EDIT: Incidentally, Bagheera, I've been reading your story during downtime today. I really like it: expect a review tonight.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:53 pm

I think my computer, or at least the HD, is dying. System keeps forgetting the drive exists, and sometimes on reboot can't find boot drive info. Running chkdsk now but its taking bloody forever... Never a good sign.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:54 pm

I can't stress the importance of backing up your drive. Before you do anything else, do that. If you've already done it, then there's not much I can suggest.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:57 pm

It seems Intel, Dell and Marathon Oil have all rejected my internship application. Maybe, there's something on my resume they don't like or maybe they just don't want anyone who isn't on the managerial accounting track. It's still not very good for your self esteem when you don't even get an interview with firms though. Oh well, it's more convenient for my degree to just take summer classes this year anyway.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:09 pm

I've been having so many anxiety dreams lately. Two nights in a row, it was dreams about my mother and whether she'll be better when she gets back from residential treatment. And then just today, it was about school and all the projects I've bitten off and whether I can really keep up with all of them -- symbolized in the form of me taking on way too many classes and running into such situations as reaching the end of the term only to realize I'd never even gone to this one class I signed up for. When I woke up there was that readjustment and relief period of realizing that I actually had only one class and that I hadn't missed any deadlines.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:19 pm

The school anxiety dreams are the worst, mate. I can sympathize.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:42 pm

*sighs* Just got a call from work. We are no longer allowed to start a 8, only at 9 so now I have to fit everything I have been doing into 3 hours rather than 4 and it takes everything I have to get stuff done before I have to go with just 4 hours. Couple that with my now loss of 5 hours total a week and yeah, I'm not too happy. Nothing to do with our General manager or other managers (They are awesome) It came down from our District manager.

Plus there are rumors we might get closed even though we are the #1 store in the region. Lovely, and I pretty much just started.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Well I've managed to get everything important or just of a small file size off the drive, but it's still acting crazy so I expect it will fail completely any day now. I don't have room anywhere else to put more than a terrabyte of various anime and movies though. What really annoys me is this failing drive is the newer of the two I have installed. I really expected the old small one to go first, which is why I was saving everything on the new one and only using the old one for installations and whatnot. Sigh.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:35 pm

My brief respite from school work is now over. Time to start getting prepared for the next round of midterms.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:44 am

Nope, we aren't doing that [that video gaming controversy] stuff again and certainly not in the FML thread where it has no business anyway.

[^ In response to something he graveyarded, not anything anyone's said that's visible now. - Monk]

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:12 am

So some time ago I got a new neighbour in the appartment below me, and anytime she has her boyfriend over they talk LOUDLY until 1 at night (at least it's not noisy fucking). It's not even her who is annoying, the guy just can't talk softly it seems.

Is there any other solution than a baseball bat?

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:38 pm

I have been banished from my house owing to a conflict with my roommates that was entirely my own fault; while I can return tomorrow, I am convinced that moving out of that house is my only option.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:38 pm

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:Is there any other solution than a baseball bat?

A) Ask them to keep it down a little.

B) Landlord.

C) Ax.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:41 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:The school anxiety dreams are the worst, mate. I can sympathize.

I still fucking get these even though I graduated from college over two years ago.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:54 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:I still fucking get these even though I graduated from college over two years ago.

I still got them even when I was not going to school (after graduating undergrad) and was pretty sure I was never going to school again. For years. :shakehead:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:18 pm

I can't decide. Do I want to stop getting strange-as-fuck dreams, or do I want to give up cheese before bed. I'm not even joking, right now. I've done a little experiment over the last couple of weeks and have positively correlated having strange dreams with eating cheese before I go to bed. I even tried different types of cheese. I've defined "strange dream" as any dream that I remember (because I literally don't remember anything about my dreams, if I dream at all without aid) and that weirds me out (relevant JonTron quote).

I've found that, 4/7 times, if I eat cheddar before bed, I get a strange dream, 6/7 if I eat Muenster, 4/7 if I eat Colby, and 7/7 if I eat Bleu.

Lovely. When I say "strange", I do mean strange. They can vary from having Nuke being my roommate who doesn't shower, to me pulling out teeth, to having sex with one of my classmates. None of these are things that I would normally think about and it just fucking freaks me out. Some of them aren't unpleasant, they are just...strange. For example, last night I dreamt that I was at my grandmother's house and she pulled out an old box that she received from the hospital on the day I was born and it included such things as a gold-plated Mew pokemon card, to a plush of Freddy Kruger.

You might say "Well, Cat, just don't eat cheese near bedtime." That's valid. But cheese also helps to put me to sleep. Plus, I wanna go lucid in one of them. That's gotta be awesome.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”