Evangelion Manga: Final Volume out February 2015

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:23 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:
SPOILER: Show
It's most simply described as a reset; but it's not as simple as that, because, for instance, the remains of an MPE are seen as a "ancient artefact".

To add on:
Shinji is also carrying Misato's necklace still. He also runs into Asuka at a subway, and their interaction is simply a, "I don't know you exactly, but maybe, maybe, we knew each other at one point in time." (Not paraphrasing dialogue, just paraphrasing the visual interaction/expression of those two).
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

atarashiieva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby atarashiieva » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:43 am

Thank you to both for the reminder.

I hope Shinji can be happy in this universe for once, but now I remind the downside of resets, and that quote...

"Those who do forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

So there's the remote possibility he can follow Gendo's footsteps in the future (assuming the fact both parents aren't there anymore). If I see the ending this way, it can be kind of ambiguous.

Let's see what this last volume brings to the table.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:20 am

View Original Postatarashiieva wrote:Thank you to both for the reminder.

I hope Shinji can be happy in this universe for once, but now I remind the downside of resets, and that quote...

"Those who do forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

So there's the remote possibility he can follow Gendo's footsteps in the future (assuming the fact both parents aren't there anymore). If I see the ending this way, it can be kind of ambiguous.

Let's see what this last volume brings to the table.

Since Shinji is living with his uncle and aunt, that means that Yui and Gendo are "dead" (actually in their honeymoon in deep space inside EVA-01, I still can't believe Sadamoto gave Gendo what he wanted!), the seasons being back, MP-Evas statues and Shinji having Misato's cross suggest that Third Impact retconed reality or terraformed the planet back to how it was before 2I, and then returned everyone with overwritten memories from 2I onward (meaning the entirety of their life for people born after 2I)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:45 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
Since Shinji is living with his uncle and aunt, that means that Yui and Gendo are "dead" (actually in their honeymoon in deep space inside EVA-01, I still can't believe Sadamoto gave Gendo what he wanted!), the seasons being back, MP-Evas statues and Shinji having Misato's cross suggest that Third Impact retconed reality or terraformed the planet back to how it was before 2I, and then returned everyone with overwritten memories from 2I onward (meaning the entirety of their life for people born after 2I)

Then so, how would Asuka behave in this new created world after 3I? The last thing she saw before turning into LCL was Kaji. But still she felt something for Shinji in this manga continuity. I would like to see her remember somehow of her earler life as the 2nd Child.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:51 pm

No sign of that;
while helping her off a train, Shinji holds her hand a moment too long while wondering if he's seen her before, and she blows him off.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:10 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:No sign of that;
while helping her off a train, Shinji holds her hand a moment too long while wondering if he's seen her before, and she blows him off.

But in generelal, was there someothing that showed, that she was more than just a partner. I've read the manga too and I'm aware of this as a different continuity than the anime.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:54 pm

At that point, no - just an open-ended future.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:43 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote: just an open-ended future.

Just that Shinj can have a hopefull life just like in EOE how his arc ends when he realizes there is hope.

Anywho, it really erks me that went Asuka dies she sees Kaji, out of all people. I don't know maybe her mother could have appeared or even Shinji(but then it would turn into a A/S ship and Manga is mostly Rei and Shinji(sibling relationship).

Why does she end up seeing Kaji out of everyone? It bugs me in Manga that earlier she try's to seduce him which is the manga's version of her finding out about Toji.

As for volume 14 and to tie back into topic, Apperently I'm getting it a week after it releases according to Amazon.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:43 am

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:Just that Shinj can have a hopefull life just like in EOE how his arc ends when he realizes there is hope.

Anywho, it really erks me that went Asuka dies she sees Kaji, out of all people. I don't know maybe her mother could have appeared or even Shinji(but then it would turn into a A/S ship and Manga is mostly Rei and Shinji(sibling relationship).

Why does she end up seeing Kaji out of everyone? It bugs me in Manga that earlier she try's to seduce him which is the manga's version of her finding out about Toji.

As for volume 14 and to tie back into topic, Apperently I'm getting it a week after it releases according to Amazon.

What I despise from that endings It's that there is no happy future for Shinji because.....that's not the Shinji you've known for 14 volumes. That's a falso premise : he is just a boy with the same face. Despite being the same soul, he is just a total amnesiac with a different personality : there is no reward for his sufferings. Neither Asuka's. Just hints about their reincarnations, which are ambiguous.

And yeah, Kaji's vision was pretty ridiculous, it proves Asuka's character development was close to zero. I always saw their relationship equal to Misato/Shinji, an her infatuation a way to prove her adulthood, an usual stage for every girl her age. But the anime showed us her atraction to Shinji, despite it was needed a mental rape to accept that fact and well, there goes EOE. But hell, it was development. hER "dEATH" in Manga proves she is still a child. her mother would have been a better choice.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

garfy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby garfy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:55 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:So do we have any clue what the 28 extra pages might be? I have my fingers crossed its not a sappy Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -style epilogue.
Has new character *in* the manga, but it's not new for us.
No signature

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:09 am

Well this is indeed odd

While on Amazon's page listing for volume 14 I happen to notice something strange.

The release date has been changed from November 20th 2014 to February 10th 2015

EDIT: Viz's official page for Volume 14 says the same
Last edited by Dataprime on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:23 am

Amazon fudging things?

Japan is still on schedule for November: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-3367.html
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4041019311/
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:53 am

No change on Amazon.co.uk yet (still says 4 Dec).

But what if the change is to coordinate with the release of 3.33 (dubbed)?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:24 pm

They'd better not change it because of a dub. I've got a hankering for that last volume of Evangelion, dangit!

garfy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby garfy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:17 pm

or it is because of your dub, or the english publisher had some kind of trouble.
in other countries with the same simultaneous launch, the date it's the same. probably they're already printing it right now.
No signature

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 pm

Rightstuf still has it listed for the 20th, so I don't know what's going on with Amazon.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:04 pm

Just noticed this on my Amazon pre-order today. Since Amazon is the LARGEST online store in the Western world I'm 100% certain the final manga volume has been delayed. Why? No idea. Maybe they're trying to add the new 28 pages to the release & not receive accusations of double dipping.

I'll wait & see.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:36 pm

CDJapan is still listing it as being released on the 20th, so I'm not sure what Amazon is doing. Either way, though, it looks like there are still ways to get it when it's supposed to come out.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Well would you look at that!

Rightstuf has now changed it's listing to Feb. 10th as well.

I guess it's official then

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Amazon UK hasn't caught up yet, but I presume it will.

Anyway, presumably this delay is only for the English translation, not the pukka Japanese version.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”