FML General Thread [6]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:38 am

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:...what does "FML" stand for?

Fuck My Life.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:48 am

So I lost all my data in a hd failure a few weeks back, and am no looking into restoring my itunes library. I found an app that should be able to do it, iPod Access, but when I try starting it up I get a message telling me that the ASL.DLL file is missing from my computer. It suggests uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes to fix the problem, but no luck so far. I'm really getting tired of this shit; I should look into getting an Android or something so I can access my own stuff without all the hassle.

But anyway, if anyone knows how to deal with that issue it'd be helpful. Preliminary poking around has not been fruitful.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:51 am

Bags, for the music you bought on iTunes, you should be able to redownload it. I've not used iTunes in about seven years, but that should be the case.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:54 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Bags, for the music you bought on iTunes, you should be able to redownload it. I've not used iTunes in about seven years, but that should be the case.

Yeah, I'll be able to transfer purchases with no problem. I'm more concerned about my pictures library and all the stuff I ripped from CD; that's all media I'll have to transfer directly since I don't have it backed up (and don't wanna rip it all again, since that's a lot of music).
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:14 pm

An obvious solution for next time is to have a backup drive, but I'm afraid I don't know much about recovering data. Have you tried taking it in to a genius bar? (I'm assuming you have a Mac. If not, sorry.)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:26 pm

No, PC. I just need to get iTunes sorted so that third party apps know what to do with it, I guess.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:01 pm

The final version of Winamp should be able to look into your iPod; did just that with the Shuffle without installing iTunes.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:33 pm

I keep getting these annoying messages trying to get me to update Microsoft Office 2010. I'm paranoid about any sort of automatic updates regardless of whether or not they're legit and I've had no success disabling them or finding their source.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:07 am

Pulled an all-nighter writing a lab report. Class in an hour. Another lab tonight. Looking forward to dropping dead later today once my Cacl IV homework is finished.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:15 am

Oh, schoolwork. Don't we all love it so? :asuka_miffed:

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:13 pm

So having switched over to Firefox permanently, I discovered that the extension I used to block annoying YouTube channels no longer exists. So now there's no way for me to avoid seeing PewDiePie's shit.

Fuck this.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Just ignore it. Nobody is forcing you to click on it.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:31 pm

The problem is that my subscriptions- the things I actually want to watch- are getting pushed aside by mountains of tedious crap. It's fucking annoying - I go to my front page wanting to see updates from my subscriptions and all I get is a billion Minecraft channels and 3 different Buzzfeed clones.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Did you know that you can you can click the little bar on the side or top of your window that says "My Subscriptions" and then see all their updates?

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:40 pm

That's not the point. My su8bscriptions are the things that should be given priority. I shouldn't have to open a whole new page just to see the updates from the subscriptions- the front page should show my subscriptions and nothing else. I don't care if 30000 other people are retarded enough to watch some shitty LOL SO RANDUM gaming channel, I'm not and I don't want to see that shit on my front page. I don't want to watch PewDiePie and I never will, so goddamnit YouTube stop recommending him to me.

On top of that, I sent them an email regarding it only to discover their email address is defunct. There is no way for me to contact them and tell them what they're doing wrong.

Seriously, fuck these people. If there was a viable alternative to YouTube I'd use it, but thanks to the fucking monopoly they have over the market I'm basically screwed.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:41 pm

...Squigs, it's one click of your mouse.

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ThanatosII » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:41 pm

"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Thank you, that's a relief.

I still wish they'd just stop pushing the "WATCH OUR PARTNER CHANNELS LOL" thing so hard. Hopefully it will emerge that PewDiePie is a pedophile or something so his career is wrecked and he's removed from the web forever.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ThanatosII » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:48 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Thank you, that's a relief.

I still wish they'd just stop pushing the "WATCH OUR PARTNER CHANNELS LOL" thing so hard. Hopefully it will emerge that PewDiePie is a pedophile or something so his career is wrecked and he's removed from the web forever.

No problem haha

But man, that sure is a lot of pent up hate for a successful Youtuber. Granted, I don't care for his content either, but really, it's not worth my energy to rant about him or anyone for that matter when I, as Nuke mentioned, can easily avoid it.

Even if PewDiePie was 'removed', there's always someone to take his place, probably just as or more annoying. Remember FRED being #1? :lol:
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:33 pm

I think Iay be at the lowest point in my life right now.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”