Undisputed Evidence Towards Shinji Ikari's Bisexuality

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
obliterates
Adam

Postby obliterates » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:50 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:It's totally fine to like whatever pairings you like, (or don't like, if you think liking pairings or shipping is stupid), but be sure to pay attention to what the story is saying, too.

This is a little condescending (and telling that you didn't read through my initial post, or skimmed through it briefly) because everything I mentioned is straight from the canon, the movies, posters, the calendar or Anno's interviews, and nothing is my personal take on things.

And Jäeger you definitely did not read the first post in this thread. Those spinoffs you mentioned aren't even sanctioned by Anno by the way. You must suffer when you read the official Episode 24 drafts where Shinji and Kaworu kissed and went skinnydipping in a lake.
"I do not seek, I find." - Pablo Picasso

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:30 pm

View Original Postobliterates wrote:
And Jäeger you definitely did not read the first post in this thread. Those spinoffs you mentioned aren't even sanctioned by Anno by the way. You must suffer when you read the official Episode 24 drafts where Shinji and Kaworu kissed and went skinnydipping in a lake.

Scripts whose ideas were barely used by Anno in his version.
I prefer not to talk about this aspect of Eva. I think it is an ambiguos relationship, and nobody is in Anno's head. We can look at posters and that stuff all we want and there won't be any "canon".

But still thanks for the material.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:36 pm

View Original Postobliterates wrote:You must suffer when you read the official Episode 24 drafts where Shinji and Kaworu kissed and went skinnydipping in a lake.

It seems rather dangerous to use as part of the argument something which is known to have been considered and then rejected. We don't know, of course, just why it was rejected - but if it had been important in establishing anything, then it surely would not have been.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:36 pm

Unused original does not equal canon. The only reasonable canon arguments can apply to the OA and DC cuts of Eva, since they actually made it to release.

It seems I've been ninja'd by PW.

obliterates
Adam

Postby obliterates » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:40 pm

Jaeger that picture is not a movie poster or in a official calendar with symbolic romantic, Kabbalahistic, and Japanese soulmate myth lore. Comparing them is silly. Nice attempt though.

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Scripts whose ideas were barely used by Anno in his version.
I prefer not to talk about this aspect of Eva. I think it is an ambiguos relationship, and nobody is in Anno's head. We can look at posters and that stuff all we want and there won't be any "canon".

But still thanks for the material.

Actually that is a common misconception. I have the full interview with staff that confirms that Anno was actually told my producers to cut out the more overt sexuality and trim what was supposed to be 2 episodes with Kaworu to one, and I'll post it here when I get back.
"I do not seek, I find." - Pablo Picasso

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Does Shinjis serial preference even matter?

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:48 pm

We're probably still be debating this 20 years in the future!

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:53 pm

No, no we are not. Not when OP is just repeating himself and people like Jaegar are completely ignoring in-thread warnings to stop with the personal attacks.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”