Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Atropos » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:49 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:RGU for everyone
RGU avatar theme month pls

Hell yeah, I'm getting in on this.

Check out this asshole. He's the SKU equivalent of, I dunno, Kyouko from PMMM.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:20 pm

So Reichu (almost typed Raichu), NemZ, Atropos ... and not counting myself since I have had this avatar for over a year *ahem* :rolleyes:

Who else is in for a Revolutionary Girl Utena avatar theme month?
Characters already represented (not that there should be any restrictions, but some variety is favourable): Wakaba, Nanami, Akio, Ruka. tl;dr Utena theme month needs a Utena...
Voluntary Illusion.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:05 am

I'll think about it.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Postby StarShaper7 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:14 am

Got bored of that one from Kuro no Sumika pretty quickly, so I might as well change it to Utena.

I've changed it to a cropped version of this one for now, but I feel like I've seen someone using it before:
SPOILER: Show
ImageCropped out the bottom half of her because it looks weird, doesn't it? Looks like she has three legs and her hand is all funky. Didn't realize until I changed my avatar.

If someone already has this, I could change it to a cropped version of this:
SPOILER: Show
ImageThem feet. :tongue:

I use both as wallpapers (my wallpaper switches every minute to a randomly selected image from a folder of over 300).

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:22 am

Cockpit from a RAF bomber from Der Feuersturm, a ZDF produced documentary on the Air/Bomb War of WW2

posted the whole sequence of the staged footage

ww2 aviation footage's just fucking awesome
and w/e I just wanted a new avatar

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:40 am

I can't really tell what it is just from your avi, but it still looks cool.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby ath » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:24 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Who else is in for a Revolutionary Girl Utena avatar theme month?

There... Can't you hear it?
If your soul has not truly given up...
Then you can hear the sound...
That races through the End of The World.

One day I'll finally talk my boss into borrowing me the '56 Corvette he's keeping in the office's garage...

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:10 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Fireball: I remain crushingly disappointed that you never made use of a short-hair!Satsuki avi. Truly heartbreaking. :sniffle:

Sorry, I thought you liked Rommel-chan so much I stuck with it.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:18 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Sorry, I thought you liked Rommel-chan so much I stuck with it.

Rommel-chan is of course magnificent, there's no question of that. And if I can't have my Steel Queen, she will leave me more than content. But even so, Lady Satsuki, on a date, with ice cream . . . *squee*

(I kid, of course; it's your avatar, so do as you like. And I do like that shot of Rommel quite a lot.)
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Hound has gone Fox. B/

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:46 pm

This year's Halloween entry.

Thought it was an image of a Konig Wolf at first, but while editing I took better notice of the yellow in its color scheme, which lead me to realize that it was really a Shadow Fox.

Meh. I'm not that picky. BP
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Yeah, KW has a very different build. That profile screamed SF at me straight away.

Nice choice, btw!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:34 am

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Not sure what's being said, but it looks pretty cool. :lol:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:46 pm

OK, not many people liked the idea behind the picture of Shinji with Misato's hands round his neck.

But more to the point, I'm not finding it's the right mood for me at present. So instead I'll try Shinji simply being sad at the state of the world he has found himself in; not angry, not resigned - just sad:
Full image -   SPOILER: Show
ImageI guess he's listening to Sad Songs for Sad People... (not by Mogwai, presumably)
Last edited by pwhodges on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:47 pm

ETA of a new piece of depressing fanfic about your Avi: 12 hours

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:55 pm

The Goldblum works in mysterious ways.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Sweet merciful crap.
It's glorious.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:58 pm

[s]Guy Nacks: you're attracted to a very particular kind of man, aren't you?[/s]

I was thinking of your avatar—the one before last—of being a tanned, middle aged bloke, with his hairless torso exposed, as he posed like a man with no pent-up sexuality. It just occurred to me, it was probably also a picture of Jeff Goldblum.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:14 pm

View Original PostSorrow wrote:[s]Guy Nacks: you're attracted to a very particular kind of man, aren't you?[/s]

I was thinking of your avatar, the one before last, of being a tanned middle aged bloke, with his torso exposed, as he posed like a man with no pent-up sexuality. It just occurred to me, it was probably also a picture of Jeff Goldblum.

You're thinking of this pic, I assume?

That's someone's illustration of a moment from the first Jurassic Park movie, where Jeff laying injured on a table while things happen in the background.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:25 pm

Indeed, that's the one. I'm not sure which is more flattering: the actual scene of him lying on the table, looking extremely casual about being injured, or this piece of art that it gave birth to.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Return to “Old Stickies”