Hikari's sisters?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Squigsquasher
Banned

Hikari's sisters?

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:17 am

So as we all know, Hikari has 2 sisters- Nozomi and Kodama, named after Shinkansen lines. However, they never actually appear in the series; they are referred to, but we never even see them.

Is there any "official" art of the other 2 Horaki sisters? The only visual renditions I've seen of them have been Meguro Fuzuko's art...and the less said about that, the better.

Did Sadamoto do illustrations for them? Did they appear in any "official" spin-offs?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:18 pm

I think we once saw Nozomi in Angelic days, in a single panel, during the final battle. (The sisters huddle together while everyone else prepares to fight)

She basically looked like a younger clone of Hikari with slightly shorter pigtails.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:11 pm

I can't corroborate, since I've only read the first volume of Angelic Days (and several years ago, at that!) Otherwise, though, I can't think of when I'd have seen 'em. They're not in NGE, NTE, Sadamoto's Manga, or even the parody manga that Dark Horse published.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:16 pm

I quickly reviewed Angelic Days and haven't seen Nozomi anywhere during the final battle. Could've missed her, though.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:17 pm

I'll always just think of Meguro's designs for the characters. (I mean, as designs, they were perfectly good. It's just what he did with them that I'll be attempting to expunge from my mind.)

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:22 am

Let's not have that tangent, okay? Goggle if you must, but it's likely to be NSFW... or anywhere else, for that matter.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:59 am

IIRC, Kodama is also mentioned in ANIMA: she died during an attack of the new bad guys, which incited Hikari to accept an offer from Europe to become an Eva pilot to get revenge. (she even later saves Shinji's life in extremis!)
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Might've been some other battle; I'm too lazy to search for it now, but it's not like Angelic Days had so many battles in it...

In any case, we can extract a little from what we see in the series, at least about Kodama: The weird student/date guy from episode 15 was a friend of hers, and even though she's the eldest, Hikari took up the replacement mom role, perhaps hinting that Kodama doesn't have a personality compatible with being the "reasonable big sibling". Maybe she's a bit of a rebellious teen, or simply a bit clumsy.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 pm

@Reichu: I'm inclined to agree. The designs themselves were actually pretty good, but as you say, what went on with them...yeurch. Meguro is a really talented artist; it's a shame he/she draws so much fucked up shit.

Meguro's designs are usually my go-to depiction of them (basically an older and a younger Hikari, both with different pigtails) and I'd be happy using them as references for fics/art (IIRC, he/she/it actually did a reference type group shot picture, starring Shiro Tokita of all people and the derpiest Asuka ever). I just wondered if there was any official art of them.

@Kendrix: Hmm, that's interesting. It's amazing how much you can discover about a character who doesn't even appear in the series- in any case, I'd like to see them expanded upon.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 am

@ Kendrix: It could also be that Kodama works to keep the household afloat and simply doesn't have time/is too tired when back at home to take care of the household. By the way, did we ever had any info on the father of the Horaki sisters?

Also I can't believe none of us brought up yet that our dear member JimmyWolks also made a rendition of Kodama! (she works in the kindergarten where Shinji and Asuka chose for Aki!)
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:23 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:@ Kendrix: It could also be that Kodama works to keep the household afloat and simply doesn't have time/is too tired when back at home to take care of the household. Byt the way, did we ever had any info on the father of the Horaki sisters?

My head canon has the father being the one that works hard to keep the family afloat (possibly as a Nerv techie) and is therefore too tired to take care of the household affairs, while the sister was perhaps as Kendrix said; or perhaps even the elder sister is in college?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:07 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:My head canon has the father being the one that works hard to keep the family afloat (possibly as a Nerv techie) and is therefore too tired to take care of the household affairs, while the sister was perhaps as Kendrix said; or perhaps even the elder sister is in college?

Given that Asuka's date was a medical student this seems likely. I'm still creeped out by the notion of a med student going on a date with a 13-year-old.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:58 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Given that Asuka's date was a medical student this seems likely. I'm still creeped out by the notion of a med student going on a date with a 13-year-old.

Maybe he tried to date her just because she was the famous European Eva Pilot? Or the standards about accepted age differences in the post-2I greatly changed.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Or maybe he was a creepy lolicon.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:43 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Maybe he tried to date her just because she was the famous European Eva Pilot? Or the standards about accepted age differences in the post-2I greatly changed.

There's lots of reasons Asuka would stand out as a prospective romantic interest; she's an Eva pilot, an exotic foreigner, and a college graduate at thirteen! The status associated with being someone like that alone would make her a potential wife material in the eyes of her male peers. Even if it seems creepy that a college student is pursuing a thirteen year old, in the long run it's probably just a social status thing.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:01 pm

It seems that the Eva Shinkansen train has brought us official art of the sisters:

Official Eva Store twitter is the source: https://twitter.com/eva_tokyo01/status/ ... 9565914112
Last edited by TMBounty_Hunter on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:03 pm

They're so cute! :marihearts:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:10 pm

Must. Not. Let. Cuteness. Break. My. Hold!

KAWAAAAAAAI!!

Now. . . somebody do a time skip version of these adorable little girls. .

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Wait, is Nozomi around the same age as Sakura?

Also her purse is the train.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Nozomi is adorable. Kodama is . . . disappointing. I'm not into the whole glasses thing, but even apart from that she doesn't look related to the other two.

It's cool to have official art for them, though. I hope some of that stuff shows up at Otakon next year.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”