[LAEM] How would YOU do it?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:50 pm

slothen wrote:b isn't a word.

Its a life style.
I guess it's time for a decent sig right? NAHHHHHHHH

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:15 pm

slothen wrote:b isn't a word.

geez, make fun of my IM typing skills.
i try my best to make them actual words
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:10 pm

Sigmund Freud wrote:A dependence on IM typing skills is a sign of retarded emotional and sexual maturity.

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:00 am

BobBQ wrote:
Sigmund Freud wrote:A dependence on IM typing skills is a sign of retarded emotional and sexual maturity.

He really said that? I mean... IM stants for Instant message right?
And... well... freud... huh.... How can I say it?.... he died.

In before, that was sarcasm.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:22 am

fail.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:31 pm

can we just go back to the main topic?

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:41 pm

i would chose the actors for the kids to be between 13 and 16, so no 18 year olds that are over and done with puberty. I'd try to pay homage to the original series in some scenes by mimicing the camera angles of the anime. I'd definitely include certain elements, like the cicadas.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:09 pm

Yeah, those cicadas. Ever since I first watched Eva, I immediately think of Eva whenever I hear those things.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:14 pm

and the sound of that goddamn machinery near where Rei lives. I hear that same sound reused in other works and im imediately back in eva-land. Same with the train sound.

MAL Profile

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:24 pm

Kubrick never butchered a damn thing.

He just doesn't follow the original story. (Except "A Clockwork Orange" thats pretty close to the book).

Personally a Kubrick Eva would be a fascinating one because you wouldn't have any idea what it would be. He doesn't necessarily stick to the source material which I love (in the book "Full Metal Jacket" is based off of the infamous drill instructor played by R. Lee Emery had a beer gut,was a bit sloby, went by a different name and even had a slightly different personality...nothing like the famous bastard of the film).

A Kubrick Eva would've been who knows what. Shinji would be a violent mastubrating transexual. Rei would be....well...I could see Rei staying the same. Asuka would be bi-polar as hell and actually be a Panda in disguise. They'd speak of Kaworu coming for like an hour and then he'd walk into NERV go "Hi" and be raped and shot right there (oh Scatman). Misato would be old and wrinkly. Ritsuko would be played by Halle Berry who has death in her womb and the talentless actress would actually give a decent performance.

And Gendo would be Kubrick. No question.

Hehe, its a fun concept to think of.

Wow...I rant a lot.....I need a soapbox

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:10 am

*Off-Topic* WOW! You're in the minority view on that. IMO, Kubrick did butcher The Shining.

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Tue May 01, 2007 8:12 am

True, compared to the book, he did butcher "The Shining." However, the movie he did create was excellent.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue May 01, 2007 1:19 pm

*Still Off-Topic* Also true. He did do a lot to round out the film, albeit in manners which were not of King's novel.

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby AuthenticM » Tue May 01, 2007 10:35 pm

I don't know about the book, but Kubrick's version of The Shining is far superior to the one King himself supervised.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:42 pm

Yeah. King got soooooo wrapped up in the adaption of the details for the miniseries that he overlooked some of the main plot points to the negative effect of "killing" what made the original novel (and even the original film, IMO) so damn good.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Wed May 02, 2007 9:32 am

I rather liked the mini-series. It and the feature film are so vastly different that both can be enjoyed as nearly completely different entities.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue May 08, 2007 11:59 pm

can we at least try to get back on topic???

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:27 am

NEVER!!! WE ARE SABOTAGING THIS THREAD LOL

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Mon May 14, 2007 11:27 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:NEVER!!! WE ARE SABOTAGING THIS THREAD LOL

,,, well, that's life...

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:35 am

bring this topic back to life, um....
even though its probably going to happen, they better not F**K UP this movie!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”