2014-2015 Studio Khara Calendar

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 am

Another thing I'm wondering: Why is Beast Mode 02' from the third movie featured so prominently in some of these pictures? It was only in the actual movie for about 10 seconds.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:31 am

Kaworu was in one episode of the show, and yet look at how popular he is. It's the same idea.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 am

If it looks cool or if it's attractive for other reasons (perhaps literally?) people will latch onto it and produce a disproportionate amount of art for it.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Fanart and advertising materials are the only place where "it looks cool" is an acceptable explanation.

I still think Beast Mode 02's teeth look really goofy, though. They barely look like teeth at all.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:34 pm

Yeah-- they were a little too thin and pointy for my taste.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:29 pm

They're supposed to be saber-teeth.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:38 pm

They look like popsicle sticks.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:37 pm

I thought they looked like needles. Needle-teeth aren't as intimidating as sharp chompers.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:10 pm

They are if they're tightly packed together, but it looks like it should have big, heavy fangs and not thinner, delicate teeth.
the prophecy is true

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:15 pm

You're right about the teeth being packed together-- I should have specified about the placement on 02.

Do you think that the fang design in Q served your purposes as to the chompers?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:41 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I still think Beast Mode 02's teeth look really goofy, though. They barely look like teeth at all.

I'm sure somebody out there has teeth that look like that. Assuming you're referring to the 2.0 Beast Mode (since 3.0 version starts out with regular Eva teeth), they do say that she's abandoned human form and blah blah blah. I agree the teeth are stupid, but so is the whole idea of an Eva turning into an emaciated lizard-man covered in hair curlers.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:54 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote: lizard-man covered in hair curlers.
Sorry, but I cannot get that image out of my head. :lol:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:21 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Sorry, but I cannot get that image out of my head. :lol:

I thought it was a pretty accurate description of what actually appeared onscreen!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:15 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I still think Beast Mode 02's teeth look really goofy, though. They barely look like teeth at all.

That was true in Ha, but they look fine in Q. I mean, it's not like anything else about it was fine, but the teeth were not the problem.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:42 am

Now, as for the calendar, do we know the identity of the other girl whos at the outdoor restaurant table with Sakura?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:51 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Now, as for the calendar, do we know the identity of the other girl whos at the outdoor restaurant table with Sakura?

Misato and Kaji's love-child, of course.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:30 pm

But, that doesn't make sense given the timeline.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:33 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:But, that doesn't make sense given the timeline.

I don't have a high res version of the pic at hand, but, if the girl looks like she could be in her early teens, it fits just fine.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:52 pm

She could just be young enough, I'd say. Her demeanour makes her look substantially younger than Sakura. Not that there's any actual evidence to support the suggestion!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

obliterates
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby obliterates » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:12 pm

I have a question. Did the 2012 Honda calender come out before or after 3.0's release? Because the 2012 one revealed Mari's new glasses design, Asuka's new duct tape plugsuit and a picture of Kaworu holding a spear. If it came out before 3.0 then these would count as hints for the next film.

I was just wondering if we should expect hints for FINAL with this new calender coming out next month.
"I do not seek, I find." - Pablo Picasso

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”