If the house is a-rockin'... [RML Thread 3]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:03 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I don't know, man. There aren't any washing facilities up in that castle.

Why do you think I was licking her?

On an unrelated note:

I let a bottle of Propel touch the little freezer in my minifridge and it froze solid. The freezing freeze distilled the flavoring out of the water, so after I drank the mostly unflavored water I was hit with a shot of pure flavory goodness.

This pleases Chuckman.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:02 pm

My wife has just returned from her last day at work.
... and so her career came to a .

Explanation -   SPOILER: Show
For those who don't get the quote, it's from 1066 and all that, a spoof history book written in the 1920s, the last line of which runs:
And so America entered the war, and history came to a .
(read the "." as "full stop", of course, the book being English!)
The explanation you expected before -   SPOILER: Show
She has been made redundant in a major restructure, and has not found another suitable job. As she is essentially of retirement age (as I am), and has good pension provision (as I don't!), she could happily retire if a suitable job doesn't materialise.
RML or FML? Don't actually know yet...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:34 pm

That's a RML. She's free to do anything she wants now.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:25 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:My wife has just returned from her last day at work.

Explanation -   SPOILER: Show
For those who don't get the quote, it's from 1066 and all that, a spoof history book written in the 1920s, the last line of which runs:
(read the "." as "full stop", of course, the book being English!)
The explanation you expected before -   SPOILER: Show
She has been made redundant in a major restructure, and has not found another suitable job. As she is essentially of retirement age (as I am), and has good pension provision (as I don't!), she could happily retire if a suitable job doesn't materialise.
RML or FML? Don't actually know yet...

In other words, sir, it's time for you two to have a very nice dinner out. :) I raise my mug.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:58 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:RML or FML? Don't actually know yet...
That would depend entirely on how she feels about it. Which will probably take some time to figure out.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:34 am

^ Indeed - that's the point...

We picked some apples from our old Bramley; here are the largest:

ImageImage
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:39 am

One of those would probably be pretty darn filling (and tasty!) :tongue:

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:46 am

Apple crumple tonight then, is it?
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:16 pm

The flawless big ones are for baking (core them and stuff the hole with raisins and brown sugar); smaller or damaged ones are used for crumbles and prodigious amounts of apple jelly.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Baked apples are absolutely wonderful in the colder months of the year. It's a shame that they don't grow in winter.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:32 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:It's a shame that they don't grow in winter.
But they store well. I usually run out of our crop some time in January, baking an apple pie and a couple of apple dumplings (peel the apple and wrap it in the left over pastry, otherwise as baked -- though at the start of the season, the stuffing is usually fresh plums) every few days from when they start to ripen.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:38 pm

How do you store your apples so that they last? Being in sunny SoCal, cold is something that we rarely worry about.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:51 pm

In a cool but frost-free dry place, wrapped individually in newspaper, not packed together (either on card trays,or in the slots in a wine box). By January, they are starting to soften as they dry, and often have little specks of brown in as they mellow -- but they are still usable for cooking.

Of course these days you can get better stored ones from the supermarket throughout most of the year.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Sounds good. Thanks, Tines!

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:15 am

So, I finally caved an purchased Wolfram Mathematica 10. It costs the average Joe a little over $1000. But me, being a student and all, got this wonderful software for only $140! So, what am I going to use this software for? Homework help? Fourier Analysis? Cellular Automation?

No.

I shall use it for the pinnacle of human endeavors.

What better purpose does multi thousand dollar software serve, but to blur pictures of dickbutt?

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!
Teh Internets are working again, at my apartment. Holly-loo-ya.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:45 am

And such, the peak of mathematics was reached: We have successfully obscured the image of a complacent man with a penis emerging from his rump.

Well done everyone.

OT: I've finally been graced with 50-70F/10-20C weather.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:08 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:So, I finally caved an purchased Wolfram Mathematica 10. It costs the average Joe a little over $1000. But me, being a student and all, got this wonderful software for only $140! So, what am I going to use this software for? Homework help? Fourier Analysis? Cellular Automation?

No.

I shall use it for the pinnacle of human endeavors.

What better purpose does multi thousand dollar software serve, but to blur pictures of dickbutt?

This statement synergises with your profile pic strangely well.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:38 pm

Well, had an awesome time today. Didn't get cooked by the sun, and saw some spectacular displays of aviation. Highlights would be the U.S. Army golden Knights jump team, all of the aerobatic performers including Sean. D. Tucker, who is known for being one of the best aerobatic pilots of all time, The Air Force F-22 demonstration including a heritage flight with two P-51D's and an F-86 Saber, The Bremont Horsemen F-86 demonstration team, and the stars of the show... the Canadian Air Force Snowbirds, who have not performed at an airshow here in 20 years.

I'll be putting up a few of my best pictures.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:34 am

So, Texas is legalizing marijuana in eight days, taking effect on January 1st of next year - literally the last place I expected to do so (I figured Texas would hold out until federal legalization, given the political proclivities of Deep Southern states).

Third Impact must surely be inevitable at this point - this scenario seems entirely impossible.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:06 pm

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:So, Texas is legalizing marijuana in eight days, taking effect on January 1st of next year - literally the last place I expected to do so (I figured Texas would hold out until federal legalization, given the political proclivities of Deep Southern states).

Third Impact must surely be inevitable at this point - this scenario seems entirely impossible.

No third impact is when texas legalizes gay marriage and at the same time realizes women don't like to be treated like crap by thier government

this girl i have been good friends with+had a crush on for a while admitted to me she was gay, i told her i was gay too so i was cool with it and she went home for the night after not being shocked at all (lol am i that obvious?), this is quite possibly the most luck i have had in my entire life, if this goes badly it will end up in FML
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”