FML General Thread [6]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:09 pm

^^ Sounds like a plan, so as long as your occupation can handle that sort of schedule.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:18 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I've been staying up way too damn late (I think I may actually have some sort of sleep disorder) and need to fix that, but I can't go to sleep early... I just end up laying in bed wide awake getting frustrated and bored. Thus instead I'm just going to stay awake as long as I can so that after a crash I'll be closer to 'normal' again, at least for a while. Basically today is just going to be a wasted day by default, featuring a shitload of caffeine and trying not to touch anything I'm at all concerned about fucking up.

I struggled just like this last summer. But ever since I started taking melatonin (and not regularly, just whenever I get too out of whack), the problem has gone away and never come back. There's an art to using it correctly, and the amounts needed might depend on bodyweight and such, but it became my miracle pill, letting me achieve the impossible in the realm of sleep.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Yeah, normally it isn't a problem at all but I have to be somewhere and wide awake next Saturday at 8am so this sleeping until I wake up at some arbitrary time in the afternoon shit needs to stop for a while.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:51 pm

I passed my first Japanese Test.

BARELY.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:00 am

So it seems that I pushed through the tiredness yesterday afternoon and accidently caught a second wind, because now I still can't sleep.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:02 am

That's how it always goes. You stay up to get to an acceptable "bed-time", but you find you're not tired by the time you get to the intended hour. You stay up well into the morning again, to the same time that you originally last went to sleep. You're pushing 42 hours awake, only to end up in the same position you tried to get out of.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:42 pm

The wired internet is out at my apartment complex. Strangely enough, the wireless still works. I fucking hate using the wireless. It's bogged down to the point of near uselessness. Not to mention, it's about as secure as a /fit/izen is in his own masculinity. In other words, I would rather use the internet in North Korea.

Just to rub salt in the wound, I'm too far away from the repeater to get a steady connection. So it drops out. A lot.

I should do a promiscuous packet capture. All in the name of science, of course.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm extremely mad....Mad that no one's made a funny regarding Catamari and Squigsquasher's new avatars and they haven't role played yet.

:ritsuko_mug: :mayano:

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Thread-split notice: For the discussion that used to be here about 4chan's apparent demise, see topic "4chan Is Dead".
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:41 pm

blah, nevermind.
Last edited by Chuckman on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:23 pm

Woke up to find that the bed that I'm sleeping on has become a giant sponge... And the fucking leak sprung again (and reading off the news) after it was raining hard without end.

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

Postby moonwolf2024 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:54 am

It's 6:39am Est and I'm still awake all because I was just assaulted by a huge roach. So big that I noticed the fucker with my glasses off. I took my glasses off to wrap my hair for bed when I noticed a spot on the wall that shouldn't have been there. Then proceeded to fight and scream like the girl I am to kill damn thing. Please note HotShot should no longer be sold in stores cause it doesn't work worth shit :rant:

My nerves are completely shot :dizzy:
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:16 am

This is why we have shoes.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Shoes and rolled-up newspapers. Also this thing.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm

Tax accounting is fucking annoying. I don't understand how someone could do that for a living.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

Postby moonwolf2024 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:36 pm

I was a little freaked out so didn't have time to grab a shoe. I will say this. I'm glad it wasnt a spider cause I would've woken my neighbors.
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:46 am

Judging by your location, there are worse things you could've woken up with in your room. :lol:

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:23 am

At a university doing "praxes", initiation rituals for new students basically. At least I´m getting to know new people. When I consider that my other option was staying holed in my room, looking at the ceilling and masturbating, getting eggs smashed on my head ain´t so bad. Hum, is it really an FML in this case then? I don´t know. Well, going to be a bit busy until November 1th. :ehh:
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:33 am

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:When I consider that my other option was staying holed in my room, looking at the ceilling and masturbating, getting eggs smashed on my head ain´t so bad.
So, the only alternative to excessive masturbation would be to allow yourself to be bullied, and then presumably later down the line bully others? There is the option of non-conforming and finding like-minded people within the university.

Always pick dignity; even if it means you'll be spending your days with the girl with the wonky eye and your nights excessively masturbating. At least she'll appreciate your company - and you will too.
Last edited by Sorrow on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:35 am

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:At a university doing "praxes", initiation rituals for new students basically. At least I´m getting to know new people. When I consider that my other option was staying holed in my room, looking at the ceilling and masturbating, getting eggs smashed on my head ain´t so bad. Hum, is it really an FML in this case then? I don´t know. Well, going to be a bit busy until November 1th. :ehh:

I've never understood the point of initiation rituals- surely there are better ways to judge a person's worth than pelting them with eggs.

To me the whole thing stinks of schadenfreude disguised as formal procedure.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”