Official Eva FINAL updated NTV Preview thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:39 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Have these two titles, 3.0 + 1.0 and ":||", been shown together?

Yes, the official site has them both.

The last post of each page seems to always be overlooked.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:53 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I hate all this "Anno trolled us" bullshit. It's such a childish & entitled way of looking at things. Frankly I think it's just a case of Anno & Khara will release info regarding the film when they feel ready for it & right now they aren't willing to share anything.

So if you aren't willing to share information, you decide to pull something out anyways just to taunt fans for shits and giggles? If you aren't ready, you aren't ready. Just show the next time preview from 3.33 and be done with it, but don't be like "Well, there's something for you, but we're not even going to bother to give you a proper explanation of it." It's literally a middle finger to anybody that was expecting more than just a redone title, and if you say they shouldn't have expectations, then Anno/Khara shouldn't have even bothered doing updated next time previews every NTV showing in the first place.

People may hate the "Anno is a troll and he's doing this for fun" card, but the "Anno is an expert and everything he does is right" card is equally frustrating.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:53 pm

I don't regret getting excited about it one bit. It was fun, and honestly, if you weren't aware of the possibility of something like this happening, you haven't been paying attention. After the Funimation delay, this is a pretty minor disappointment. If anything, I hope Anno keeps the veil of secrecy in place right up to the release. Do they have the guts to forgo "traditional" trailers altogether? Probably not, but I'd love to see that.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:02 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Yes, the official site has them both.

The last post of each page seems to always be overlooked.

Actually TMB, I saw that post of yours, in fact it's part of what got me thinking this way. What I meant was, have we seen the two titles together on the same picture to indicate that they actually refer to the same film.

However, it occurred to me while writing this post to actually click on the thing that says "3.0 + 1.0" on the main page and yes, it goes to that page for Final. So that provides the link I was looking for, between the two.

Well, good thing I didn't hold that idea too closely.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:18 pm

I kinda hoped you were onto something, I admit. Mostly, I want 3.0+1.0/Final to be the end of Rebuild. But another part of me hopes Anno creates a new 26 episode series about the world of Q.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:27 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I don't regret getting excited about it one bit. It was fun, and honestly, if you weren't aware of the possibility of something like this happening, you haven't been paying attention. After the Funimation delay, this is a pretty minor disappointment.

Exactly. It was really fun getting excited about it and speculating on what it might be. I don’t consider that a waste of time. We were just having fun. And I always held in the back of my mind the possibility of there not being a new preview. (Though I assumed that if that were the case, it would just be the old FINAL preview all over again. Even this title card is better than that, so I don’t even consider this a minor disappointment.)

Funimation’s delay of Q is the only aspect of NTE’s treatment I consider a true disappointment. And even then I got a first-print Japanese copy of the Blu-ray. So whereas I consider Funi’s delay a true disappointment, I don’t complain about it.

WunderBah
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby WunderBah » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Aww...

Anyhow is this movie still FINAL? Or will 3.0+1.0 be next film before the last one?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:44 pm

The main Eva site says 3.0+1.0
The url that leads to says Final
The page at the url says Shin Eva Gekishoujban:||

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:10 pm

So it seems highly likely that 3.0+1.0 is indeed FINAL. Maybe it’s the answer to the question mark that we saw in the initial announcements for NTE back in 2007.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Regardless of the title, everything will proceed according to the scenario. :gendoscheme:

The title is not something I'd worry too much about, guys. Since the latest update is 3.0 + 1.0, it's quite likely that'll be the final title as well. Final and that Coda sign were probably just working titles or placeholders.

EDIT: Freaky beat me to it.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:55 pm

At all the people saying how we shouldn't be getting our hopes up, the hype is really fun. Even if we do't wind up getting anything, hype is fun.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Hype is like drugs, disappointment is like a hangover.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:46 pm

With so many people posting that they laughed when they saw what the "trailer" turned out to be... I'm starting to question the sanity of the people in this forum... :bigeyes:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:57 pm

I'm a bit pleased that my prediction that we'll see something and be told nothing did come true. I'm also noticing that there are now small bits of info being released that are creating ripples amongst the fandom, and these ripples will only get larger as we go ever forward. I mean, does anyone believe that picture Yamashita tweeted just happened to contain his copy of what looks like the production notes? This is all part of their plan. :gendoscheme:

So, when can we expect any other news, if there is any? In the next four months there are three events that have the potential to be the bearer of good news:

1. The Anno Retrospective that will be held at the Tokyo International Film Festival at the end of October. The event will be screening his works, the Rebuild movies among them. What better place to put a trailer for the final film than after when 3.0 is shown on the big screen at one of the world's major film festivals at an event dedicated to Anno's work.

2. When the final volume of Sadamoto's manga is released on November 20.

3. New Years day when it is very likely we'll get a card that contains some information such as the one for 3.0 that came out in 2012. It will probably be the international title for the film "You Can (Not) Thisthatortheotherthing."

I know this is all educated speculation at best, but I thought I should share this for the people who were disappointed.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:34 am

My bet is on a New Years event. Though at this point anything is possible, heck they might just keep releasing rough artwork alone. Whatever the case may be it looks like this coming year is going to be interesting to say the least.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:54 am

So will the home video release seriously be called 3.33+1.11?

Adaminator1
Lilith

Postby Adaminator1 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:30 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:So will the home video release seriously be called 3.33+1.11?

No, silly, the home video release will be called 3.0 + 300 + 33 + 1.0 + 100 + 11
I finally put something here!

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:48 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:So it seems highly likely that 3.0+1.0 is indeed FINAL. Maybe it’s the answer to the question mark that we saw in the initial announcements for NTE back in 2007.

Hmmm. "Kyuu" and "?" instead of Q and :|| were the naming scheme used back when they were supposed to be released as one feature (Each one half, or ?/FINAL being just the epilogue a la beach scene? Honestly wondering). I always thought the ? was intentional, as if saying "this is new, what now? You don't know. Uncharted territory" It used the same wording scheme as the other movie titles, too.

But I never knew about these "Tentative" and "Planned" captions before. That indicates there was no "original scrapped plan" as the urban legends claimed after the shock of watching Q for the first time - looks like Khara honestly hadn't mapped that part yet.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:45 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:The main Eva site says 3.0+1.0
The url that leads to says Final
The page at the url says Shin Eva Gekishoujban:||

So in other words....

Anno/Khara: Even we don't know the name yet so in the meantime pick one you like!

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:So will the home video release seriously be called 3.33+1.11?

Oh boy this is turning out worst than i imagined.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:03 am

Just another reference pic because WHY DO WE NEED SO MANY LOGOS

http://i.minus.com/ibhGJr88CIC5qe.jpg

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”