Official Eva FINAL updated NTV Preview thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:48 pm

@ Dataprime
Maybe the N means New, Neon, or Not?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:07 pm

N means Nothing New

EDIT: let me change that to and easily repostible reference

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:15 pm

I really need to say with all the hype everyone had on this site including myself, we are all found to be really dissapointed. The hype I must say was awesome while it lasted, before anyone knew what we where going to actually get. Also I'm quite confused with how 3.0+1.0 has the ability to come out at the same time as Halo 5(Late Fall 2015) but we know so much more about Halo 5 then Evangelion 3.0+1.0. Now I'm not trying to start a disscussion here about Halo 5 or anything, but I think Anno must be telling us the least possible so the final movie is as hard hitting as mentally possible or emotionally. Now that's just my take on it.

Anno the trolling master has out done himself once again.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:16 pm

It just now occurs to me that the N colors match with the old 'blood type' coding system. Will final's N be in sepia?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:52 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:It just now occurs to me that the N colors match with the old 'blood type' coding system. Will final's N be in sepia?

Huh? That sounds interesting.
It's not just the color of the N, it's the color of each movie (for example of the BD cases).
Final will be white apparently.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:10 pm

C'mon guys. did you honestly expect Anno NOT to to troll us?

Eva 3.0+1.0: You Have (totally) Been Trolled.

Also, (ahem) CALLED IT!

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Well, I suppose we were asking for it. I mean, honestly, getting this hyped up for what we knew was going to be just a short teaser. . .I guess we kind of deserve this.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:17 pm

^So...is this FINAL? Or an interim movie about what went on while Shinji was in stasis?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:17 pm

I'm still at work, but I saw the title cards and nearly burst out laughing. Hopefully we'll get some info in the coming months.

As expected from the master.jpg
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:18 pm

^

Such is the burden of being an expectant fan. Honestly, this MUST be one of the perks of being ANY kind of director. You get to troll your audiences all the time. :devil:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:27 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:I really need to say with all the hype everyone had on this site including myself, we are all found to be really dissapointed.

Nope.

I really couldn't be happier, as long as this no news means they're nowhere near getting things done. Given previous pattern that means there is still a year to go at the absolute minimum. I have long wanted to do the Japan trip for premier but kept on wasting time. This is a sign, a gift from the gods that I still do have time to make the Final Premier an awesome experience for myself. I'm gonna go get 6 jobs, work my ass off to save up the money, study Japanese until my brains leaks and when the promised time comes my body and wallet will be ready. I'll watch the movie in theaters starting from day 1 and for a week straight, occasionally checking into the forum to laugh at everyone else you can't experience the glory as intended.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:35 pm

@TMBounty_Hunter Y U so cruel?

No but seriously I'll be very envious when that fateful day comes. Hopefully we get some kind of preview before you get things set just to be a spoiler. :P

@xanderkh Some of my coworkers were giving me funny looks afterword. Maybe a little less eva at work
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:40 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Nope.

I really couldn't be happier, as long as this no news means they're nowhere near getting things done. Given previous pattern that means there is still a year to go at the absolute minimum. I have long wanted to do the Japan trip for premier but kept on wasting time. This is a sign, a gift from the gods that I still do have time to make the Final Premier an awesome experience for myself. I'm gonna go get 6 jobs, work my ass off to save up the money, study Japanese until my brains leaks and when the promised time comes my body and wallet will be ready. I'll watch the movie in theaters starting from day 1 and for a week straight, occasionally checking into the forum to laugh at everyone else you can't experience the glory as intended.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're really lucky that you have a option to do that. And I would love to learn Japanese too, beats Spanish.

I'll just add that I think most subconsciously knew that this was going to happen.

But hey that works into your plans TM but for me now I need to wait even more. I would love an opportunity to visit Japan, but in the near-future or to make it for the last Evangelion film there is no way.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:56 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Another thought about this title. The Japanese dramatic structure Jo, Ha, Kyuu is three parts, not four. This ties in with the fact that at various times it was suggested that the third and fourth films would be released together, or perhaps in quick succession. This they obviously found they could not manage; but maybe the announced title is reminding us that the last film is in essence the second part of Kyuu (which implies that it will be a pretty direct continuation of the story as well).

No, not really: neither is this due to the fear of four (the Chinese reading of four, shi, is homophonous with death).

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo-ha-kyū[/url]
While Jo-ha-kyu has three parts, there's a fourth part following the hard-hitting third that depicts a great journey, followed by a fifth that brings things to a rapid conclusion. Reading through the wikipedia article, Anno really has been sticking to this structure.

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kishōtenketsu[/url]
There's also the four-part drama or Kishotenketsu, The "Ketsu" part is the resultant of the previous parts, and the "sho" is really the follow-on to the introduction (ki). Naming it Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 would make the new movie the "resultant" to the previous story. The very fact that the old preview says "Saigo made saabisu saabisu" (Fanservice till the end) suggests that Anno is indeed planning to wrap it up here.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Tabby
Embryo

Postby Tabby » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:27 pm

Honestly, I'm more hopeful than disappointed. Maybe we didn't get anything yet because the guys over at the studio are planning something that will generate even bigger hype than what happened with this? Regardless of what happens, as long as there is a purple robot in the movie I will love it. :P

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:30 pm

He could have at least trolled us with the trailer to EoE :sniffle:

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:30 pm

3.0+1.0
I have no words. I just keep laughing and laughing.

zpoop
Embryo

Postby zpoop » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:41 pm

Watch this be a Death & Rebirth style clip movie condensing the first 3 films into a somehow even less coherent mess.
It's not the poop it's the mystery... behind the poop.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:46 pm

I was just told on Tumblr that there was a segment with suitcases after 3.0?

SSJ Spartan01
Adam

Postby SSJ Spartan01 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Well, at least two parts of my prediction were true (albeit, one part was granted)- the teaser would be the shortest yet and troll hard. I'm surprised so many people are disappointed though, the Eva community can't be that detached from Anno's already-detached-reality. Maybe it's just been a long week. lol.
Just like characters in his films, he only grants us little increments of progress *sigh* I have one question though, aside from the high he gets from tormenting fans, do you think we only get two cards as a teaser because very little development is actually done with 3.0 + 1.0? We might not get a movie in years :irked:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”