Red vs Blue

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

flatulant
Shamshel
Shamshel

Red vs Blue

•      
  •      

Postby flatulant » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:28 pm

Discuss this awesome series in here
Last edited by flatulant on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:44 am

awesome series is awesome, haven't seen in forever. seen up through season 5. use your words dude.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Logan Payne
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Logan Payne » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:40 am

An excellent series. It really showed people what machinima is capable of.

"Son did you just shoot yourself in the foot?"

"Yeah, I do that now sometimes."

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Let it be be known from sea to sea! BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:04 am

I wish to propose that Leonard Church, the Director of Project Freelancer, shall be henceforth known as...

....the American Gendo Ikari. With a pirate accent!

Thoughts? ([s]also, shouldn't this thread be in Film/video, or the video game sub forum?[/s] Thanks!)

Show me... YOUR MOVES! Image
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:04 am

^Secretive head of secret organization developing technology to resurrect deceased spouse, including his own child who is one of the main protagonists, ultimately dies alone.

Anyone watching Season 12 of RvB? Because it seems shit is gradually getting real.

SPOILER: Show

For some reason Carolina may or may not be the Bigger Bad of this season as the antagonists' Voice with an Internet Connection. I have no idea what that's about.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Other parallels. BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:29 am

+Unusual eye color that he shares with...

His child.

+Pisses off his own bosses to the point of crackdown, though it's mostly bloodless.

+Does terrible things with said technology, with the assistance of Alien hardware.

+Operators are ranked (though who knows why they did that in Eva).

+"Clones" his wife a lot, that jaded female character destroys.

because she was jealous of not getting attention.

+ Passive-aggressive punishment for insubordination.

+ Glasses & Beard.

For some reason Carolina may or may not be the Bigger Bad of this season as the antagonists' Voice with an Internet Connection. I have no idea what that's about.

Yeah, but note, she's wearing her old armor. She may be an AI back up the director made when he thought he'd lost her too.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:48 am

^

Huh, hadn't thought of that.

Of course, the Laws of Awesome demand that the original and the fake fight to the death at some point (assuming it is a fake).

Right now I'm more interested in the little Black Ops team seen in the last episode that appears to be linked to her and Locus, and disappeared really quickly.

EDIT:
Post-Episode 10  SPOILER: Show

Well, the team just got rescued by UpdatedArmor!Carolina, so I guess you were right about OldArmor!Carolina being a robot thingamajig. And it looks like they're on opposite sides so hopefully my dreams of a Carolina v. Carolina fight will be fulfilled.

And I'm nothing like you

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

A flip in the order. B/

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:39 am

True enough, but even I'm a bit confused as to why Locus was trying to kill them, when I believe OldArmor!Carolina had ordered him not to. I guess she may have changed her tune, but it would have been nice if we had gotten to see that.

Also, is it my imagination, or did we in fact get a tip off that Felix was a bad guy, with him calling into Control when he first appeared?

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:07 am

I thought Red vs Blue was some Halo-machinima comedy thing. You all sound like you're talking about a show that takes itself seriously and has a plot. What the hell?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:42 am

^It's come a long way since the old days. Now there's a plot, awesome Monty Oum fight scenes, and there's still comedy.

And I'm nothing like you

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:24 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I thought Red vs Blue was some Halo-machinima comedy thing. You all sound like you're talking about a show that takes itself seriously and has a plot. What the hell?

In season 6, the show evolved from comedy to dramedy, and then between seasons 8 and 9 it evolved into an action-dramedy.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:21 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:In season 6, the show evolved from comedy to dramedy, and then between seasons 8 and 9 it evolved into an action-dramedy.

Kind of glad I stopped after season 5. Surprised they've taken it this far though.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Possibly. BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:31 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:Kind of glad I stopped after season 5. Surprised they've taken it this far though.

I think the message here is for you.

EDIT:

If it's any consolation, the PSAs still strike the old tone.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:41 am

I watched up until the end of Revelations.

I am glad I stopped, what bits of season 9 I saw, before I lost the plot and tuning every week instead of just DVD marathoning became too much, seemed to just be another Monty Oum masturbation-athon.

But fuck man, my oldest brother was super into RVB even before it was marginally popular, he used to sometimes force us to watch it with him. And thinking back on the experience, he was probably 12. Which is weird to think about, because he's 21 now and in his last year of engineering at Uni.

Hm. Certainly back before it became a bit overdone, the CG stuff made for some ridiculously awesome action sequences.

Edit; I forgot that my username is based off the show. -o-; Loik I said, used to really enjoy it.

I'll probably get the dvds if they release a collection.
Leave Shinji alone

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Defied expectations, that. BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:03 pm

Freckles had tracker-rabies! Bad freckles!

Seriously though, I thought they were going to smash it. :lol:
Last edited by Alaska Slim on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:31 pm

^ Rabbis, or rabies?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

MisterHalt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MisterHalt » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:21 am

I'm hoping Doctor Grey gets to stick around for a while. Especially if she stays long enough to meet Doc.
Strength is being able to crush a tomato. Dexterity is being able to dodge a tomato. Constitution is being able to eat a bad tomato. Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad. Charisma is being able to sell a tomato based fruit salad.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:32 am

I thought this was a Pokemon thread (Red and Blue versions) :lol: .
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

ooo, shoudl ahve notieced that. BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:51 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:^ Rabbis, or rabies?

Correct, and corrected. BP

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”