Do you think we will see a NTV version of Q this year?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:16 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:On the 5th when the new preview does come, will people in the U.S and other countries be able to see it on the 5th or will we need to wait a few days before it gets around on the internet? Just a question I had, I am very hyped to get some new footage of Final, the preview from 3.33 isn't very revealing.

It'll likely be the 6th in the US thanks to timezones (As in, the 6th in the US is the 5th in Japan. At least, I THINK it is. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm in NZ so I'm used to these things.)
I finally put something here!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Friday 9 JST (I'd assume P.M. -o-; ) Japan-time is Friday 8 A.M. EDT (U.S. East Coast), does that help any? (The 22nd is when 1.0 TV re-airs on Friday Roadshow.)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20140822T21&p1=248&p2=179

So just like the past 2 Previews, we'll get the news sometime that morning/around Noon. :D
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:31 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Friday 9 JST (I'd assume P.M. -o-; ) Japan-time is Friday 8 A.M. EDT (U.S. East Coast), does that help any? (The 22nd is when 1.0 TV re-airs on Friday Roadshow.)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20140822T21&p1=248&p2=179

So just like the past 2 Previews, we'll get the news sometime that morning/around Noon. :D

Aha. So I wasn't QUITE off (As for half of the day, Japan will be a day behind :lol:)

FluffyBunny
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby FluffyBunny » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:42 pm

View Original PostAdaminator1 wrote:(As for half of the day, Japan will be a day behind :lol:)

Well, Japan is a day ahead of U.S. (Unless you were joking, that is. In that case my apologies.)

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:45 pm

View Original PostFluffyBunny wrote:Well, Japan is a day ahead of U.S. (Unless you were joking, that is. In that case my apologies.)

Oh, yeah. A day ahead. That's what I meant. My bad.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:54 pm

Well I was just making sure people in the U.S wouldn't have to wait more than a day for it, and considering that the 6th is on a Saturday that isn't that bad(for me atleast).

Thank you - Adaminator1 and Sailor Star Dust.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Old post: Glad I could help!

New:

NTV pages for each of the 3 films:

Eva 1.0 TV https://kinro.jointv.jp/lineup/140822

Eva 2.0 TV https://kinro.jointv.jp/lineup/140829

Eva 3.0 TV https://kinro.jointv.jp/lineup/140905

I'd assume the TV version of 1.0 will be 1.11 and not the 1.01 like it was previously?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:56 am

1.0-TV version (I'd assume 1.11, but maybe it'll be 1.01-TV like the original airing) is airing tonight in Japan on NTV at 9 PM = 8 AM EDT. As a reminder, next Monday in Japan at 2:14 A.M. is EoE. I'm gonna ask my Japanese twitter friends if they can let me know what version airs (1.01, 1.11) and if the preview is updated or not (2.22-TV preview).

Friday, August 29th: Eva 2.0 TV Version

Friday, September 5th: Eva 3.0 TV Version + God Warrior TV Version

EDIT: Yeah, it was 1.01 TV version again. I guess the " is to indicate it's TV? The prime symbol ' was used for the NGE DC episodes.

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:02 pm

How long till the airing? Is there a stream?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:17 pm

1.0 finished airing ~12 hours ago.

A week minus ~14 hours until 2.0 starts.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:52 pm

According to a Japanese Twitter friend, the 2.0 preview was the original one, not the updated TV version. Makes sense since those aired the first time around so those no need anymore. In other words, it seems like the only preview that'll be the updated TV version is the one for FINAL.

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:58 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:1.0 finished airing ~12 hours ago.

A week minus ~14 hours until 2.0 starts.

Aha. Yay!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:15 am

I'm getting flutters in my stomach. :lol:

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:32 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:According to a Japanese Twitter friend, the 2.0 preview was the original one, not the updated TV version. Makes sense since those aired the first time around so those no need anymore. In other words, it seems like the only preview that'll be the updated TV version is the one for FINAL.

Does it "make sense" or is it just wishful thinking? We're sure this isn't instead establishing a pattern by which the preview at the end of the TV airing of Q will be just the same one we've already seen? Or has this happened before?

Hang on, you mean that at the end of 1.x, the preview for 2.x was the one that showed after the theatrical version of 1.x i.e. the one that lied, showing us things that never happened as they were depicted?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:45 am

By showing the older previews, they would be showing stuff (even if inaccurate) that will not be a mere repeat of what comes in the next film, thus maximising the variety of the viewer's experience. This does not apply (at this point) to the last film, Q, so they can show a new preview, if they choose, without breaking that logic. (Of course, they still may not so choose!!)

I'm more interested to know if this also means that they showed uncorrected and improved versions of sequences in the main film that were later updated to remove animation errors and suchlike. That would bring into question the point of bothering with such changes in the first place.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

kuro hazama
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kuro hazama » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:02 am

Im recording all of this Eva-fest from TV so:
Theres no kind of previews so far, only CM, NTV hasnt aired previews for the Eva films unless it is for the next movie to come, only CM for the next week, you can see a picture on SSD´s post.

On all this years of eva on kinro,the movies had different cuts.
Whwn the first movie first aired, it was called "EVANGELION 1.01´", and didnt have the additional scenes from 1.11 and is film transferred. At the end of it was aired the new preview for the second movie.
Then came "EVANGELION 1.01´´"(which cutted out more footage) along with "EVANGELION 2.02´", Which cutted out more footage from the second movie so its runtime shortened, and at the end they aired a new preview for the third movie.

And a couple of ears later they aired "EVANGELION 1.01´´" and "EVANGELION 2.02´´"(Which shortened the movie to 95 minutes I believe) along with 6 minutes from Q

like all tv versions , they dont have ending credits and cut right to a CM of the movie that airs next week, instead, they put some credits at the beggining, in a somewhat stylish way, so I bet we´ll see Anno´s name right before we see Asuka in the cockpit in Q.

So previews only were aired once, and are a separate package from the movie itself, however they were never released domestically, this year this EVAfest on NTV shows the three movies and the old movies, they did some remarkable edits on EoE, and tomorrow comes the second movie, however, they have reused "1.01´´" once more , so we´ll see if they´re gonna reuse "2.02´´", but for sure we´re gonna get "3.03´ "
the eva team

gendo team brains/pimpface
ritsuko team cyborg
Misato team berserker
aoba team undead
hyuga team psycho
ibuki psycho stalker

fuyu team badass

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:39 am

Wow. and a lot of people here think that 1.11 and 2.22 were too short, say nothing of cutting footage of the non-extended 1.01 and 2.02 features.

Do you really think they need to cut 3.33? I mean, the film is already about 95 minutes as is without the God Warrior short film.

kuro hazama
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kuro hazama » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:21 pm

Most probable case is they dont cut pretty much in the third movie, but those TV versions have new names despite having ranging differences, from minimal, or in the case of the second film somewhat bigger, they will pretty much call it "3.03´" despite only cutting the ending and putting credits at the beggining. Not to mention that we never saw 2.02 or 3.03 of course.

Forgot to mention: 2.02´´ had an excuse to be much shorter, since thay were airing 6 minutes from the third film and couldnt make the programing schedule larger.
the eva team

gendo team brains/pimpface
ritsuko team cyborg
Misato team berserker
aoba team undead
hyuga team psycho
ibuki psycho stalker

fuyu team badass

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:14 pm

View Original Postkuro hazama wrote:Im recording all of this Eva-fest from TV so

Thank you for clarifying! :shinjismile: Much appreciated!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:22 pm

So going by the fact that the internet hasn't exploded in any way yet I'm assuming there was no reworked preview for Q attached at the end of 2.0.

Anyone wanna confirm it 100%?
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”