Gendo's everyday life?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:31 pm

i know your joking so im not gonna flame you
monstrum in fronte, monstrum in animo

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:07 pm

sorry..i meant in the containment chamber...

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:03 am

Personally I would look :D :D :D :D :D :D
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:44 am

but this is gendo...the one who is willing to destroy the world for his wife to come back to him...

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:48 am

this discussion is getting rather disturbing

you people have issues o.o

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:55 am

At least we're not talking about Gendo/01 lemons anymore...
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:56 am

About all the security cameras:
Didn Shinji thought about them when he .. ehem... he pleased his lower instincts in front of Asuka? (remember ep. 24, they check Asuka if she was in her hospital room). Maybe all nerv staff was looking at him, kind of "american pie" style, hahaha.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:
Gendo probably has work in his mind all day, and wishing to see Yui again, so beign a good parent has no point for him.
I don't think Gendo is evil, but he is selfish because he will sacrifice all humanity for been with Yui again.
*insert cool signature here*

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:05 am

If you lost a love one , wouldnt you move the world or kill the whole of humanity , so that you could be with them . In that sense I can understand why he is doing it , where seele intentetions are evil.

He is something I learnt about 3.5 months ago, after I started watching eva

The names of the various organisations NERV, SEELE and GEHIRN are taken from the German.

Der Nerv = Nerve

Das Gehirn = Brain

Die Seele = Soul
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:16 am

Timesplitter 01 wrote:If you lost a love one , wouldnt you move the world or kill the whole of humanity , so that you could be with them . In that sense I can understand why he is doing it , where seele intentetions are evil.

The names of the various organisations NERV, SEELE and GEHIRN are taken from the German.

Der Nerv = Nerve

Das Gehirn = Brain

Die Seele = Soul

sorry to say but ye olde!

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:20 am

Nephilim wrote:About all the security cameras:
Didn Shinji thought about them when he .. ehem... he pleased his lower instincts in front of Asuka? (remember ep. 24, they check Asuka if she was in her hospital room). Maybe all nerv staff was looking at him, kind of "american pie" style, hahaha.

I've thought about that too. Lucky for Shinji third impact happened right after so nobody could blackmail him with the tape.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:38 am

TheMessiah wrote:
Timesplitter 01 wrote:If you lost a love one , wouldnt you move the world or kill the whole of humanity , so that you could be with them . In that sense I can understand why he is doing it , where seele intentetions are evil.

Der Nerv = Nerve

Das Gehirn = Brain

Die Seele = Soul

sorry to say but ye olde!

I know is old. But anyways
coff wrote:
Nephilim wrote:wrote:
About all the security cameras:

I've thought about that too. Lucky for Shinji third impact happened right after so nobody could blackmail him with the tape.

lol , that would have diffently been interesting.
The tape still exists , you know. Shinji could still be black mail yet , if anyone comes back. If Asuka finds it , she will go ape

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:18 am

Wait, I thought she found out about the "my right hand found my one-eyed snake" accident. Remember when Shinji is having a dream sequence, where he strangles Asuka in their appartment? She says something like, "I know about your little fantasy......" More yelling, bla blah blah and then Shinj strangles her. I wonder after regaining her physical abilities what she'll do with him? :mrgreen: RUN Shinji!!!!!

Asuka: "Idiot. I know. I know what you have done to me. Do it yourself, I'll just watch from here. You... if you can't be mine I don't need you!"

(correction, this happens in the conversation before the appartment strangle scene, the conversation is between Rei, Asuka and Shinji.)

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:47 pm

cain luppus wrote:Wait, I thought she found out about the "my right hand found my one-eyed snake" accident. Remember when Shinji is having a dream sequence, where he strangles Asuka in their appartment? She says something like, "I know about your little fantasy......" More yelling, bla blah blah and then Shinj strangles her. I wonder after regaining her physical abilities what she'll do with him? :mrgreen: RUN Shinji!!!!!

Asuka: "Idiot. I know. I know what you have done to me. Do it yourself, I'll just watch from here. You... if you can't be mine I don't need you!"

(correction, this happens in the conversation before the appartment strangle scene, the conversation is between Rei, Asuka and Shinji.)

Yea if I were Shinji , I would start running , lol.

But that conversation shows us what Shinji truly wants and desires. He wants Asuka , but he desires to kill her. Of course his wants win over his desires

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:35 pm

I think the impulse to kill Asuka was all of Shinji's frustration, anger and fear all of a sudden released. I think that was also the point where he reliezed he was strong and he began to kill the closest thing to him.

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:03 pm

cain luppus wrote:Wait, I thought she found out about the "my right hand found my one-eyed snake" accident. Remember when Shinji is having a dream sequence, where he strangles Asuka in their appartment? She says something like, "I know about your little fantasy......" More yelling, bla blah blah and then Shinj strangles her. I wonder after regaining her physical abilities what she'll do with him? :mrgreen: RUN Shinji!!!!!

That scene happened in Shinji's own mind, underlining his insecurities, though Asuka probably did know about it anyway from before Shinji rejected complementation, but by the end of the movie, does it really even matter?

Also, I don't find SEELE's intentions evil, they are definitely arrogant, thinking that they are the ones who should continue humanity's evolution. They didn't plan to simply destroy the world:"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth."
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:03 pm

coff wrote:

Psstt.... Shinji Ikari, I know what you did before Third Impact.....

Any one else see bad movie idea here? :wink:
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:25 pm

EVA-01X wrote:
coff wrote:

Psstt.... Shinji Ikari, I know what you did before Third Impact.....

Any one else see bad movie idea here? :wink:

Bad movie idea , but it would be funny.

Here is the senario( this after 3rd impact:

Shinji is going out with Rei.
They go up to a cabin for a weekend.
They do not know that someone is following them.
When they get to the cabin , they find unexpected guest.
The guest has a black robe on , and has red hair.
The guest say's Shinji Ikari, I know what you did before Third Impact.
Shinji is now scared.
The myseteries person pulls out a video tape and puts it into the VCR.
It starts play..........

You get the idea. The rest of the movie would be fill up with Asuka trying to kill Shinji and Rei. :lol: :lol: :D

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:18 pm

This is an odd question. We know from the series at least one important detail of what Gendo does in his spare time--Ritsuko. I don't deny that Gendo still loves Yui, but there are plenty of men who genuinely love (in their minds, where so much of love lives) their wives who still sleep with other women. Nor does what happened to Yui serve as any kind of excuse for Gendo's actions in my book. So many people lose someone they love; that doesn't give them the right to reshape the world in their chosen image just to try and bring their own happiness back. Come to think of it, I didn't see the Earth's population in EVA voting to approve either the NERV or the SEELE plan. The principal difference between NERV and SEELE is that NERV is better looking.

--C.

P.S. I heard once that the only EVA doujinshi actually posted up at Gainax itself was the two-page one by Yoshitou Asari that showed the domestic life of Gendo and Fuyutsuki in frank detail--Gendo sitting at the dinner table, while the Professor, wearing only a NERV apron, happily chops vegetables in the kitchen...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

fags?

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:22 pm

so gendo lives with Fuyutsuki and why the hell does oh never mind umm yeah thats about it.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”