Asuka helping Shinji

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:50 am

It's written in stone that Asuka has a big role in Final.

Like in EoE, I think she 'll do most of the action on her own, while Mary being the co-pilot inside the EVA 8+2 and having the crew of the Wunder as backup.

And Shinji 'll do the last blow.

About Asuka "helping" Shinji, can push things over the edge.

Of course no one doesn't wanna see Shinji choking her again like in EoE. That would make Final not so original.

But still it'll be hard, it'll be ugly and maybe it'll be pitiful when they reveal, what they truly feel to each other.

Pain, fear, remorse and misery are preprogrammed for sure.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Something that doesn't help to anticipate what kind of relationship will develop Shinji and Asuka in the future is the poor writing of the second and third movies. The films are so fucking Shinjicentric that any link with other characters is a joke.

Which can be expected when your writing routine is based in pure improvisation over the original idea, without changing the characters. The hell, I can even imagine the second movie writing

- "Hey, let get busy. remember, Shinji and Asuka develop a healthier relationship than the original series and Mari, the new character, will have a very important role interfering in the redhead's love and professional life" (THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL IDEA OF THE FiRST SCRIPTS)

- "Fuck off!!!!! let's poka poka!!!

- "What??"

- "The world needs hope, it needs poka poka, there is not enough poka poka in the script"

- "So, you're telling me that we have to waste two characters, reduce one to a secondary role and the other to an ornament, being the first one the love interest of the protagonist in the original series, a main character and a cultural icon and the second one a 100% new character and the only real novelty in this glorious example of milking the cash cow???"

- "Yeah, change them for more poka poka"

And better don't tal about NEAR 3I

- "But Kawouru impaled the EVA 01, he stopped the impact"

- "A magician finished it"

- "What?? And what it's this? A near 4th impact?"

- "A magician!!!"

- "How did Misato and the others survive?? Why Misato resents Shinji being her the one who tell the boy to rescue Rei at any cost?"

- "They are magicians"

Don't misunderstood me. I like the idea of the 14 year gap, it's refreshing and challenging....but it reeks of improvisation, like merchandise and fanservice are the only explanation of the deplorable writing and plot holes of this saga.

Anyway, it's obvious that Mari knows about Asuka's feelings and there is a big chance that Shinji was her first, last and only love, even she is resentful to him. Mix this fact with the laughable "EVA curse" and Anno's troll factor and you can expect anything....or nothing. Maybe he is Anno's favorite characte but, except for Shinji, is the one he has fucked the most since 1995.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:21 pm

@Jaeger
That just made my day, so how did you sneak into Khara Studios? Do you have a video of yourself sneaking in on the production of 3.0? I would love to see it so then maybe we can start to understand the black hole that is Anno's mind. And if the blackhole is like Kirby he has absorbed at least 9001 trolls....

Back on Topic-
Shinji is the Prince and Asuka is the Princess, I do think Mari and Kaworu's word choices have a play on their relationship in Final. I hold hope that Asuka will help in whatever way that is. And being a A/S supporter maybe we will see a relationship between the two?(plz Anno?)
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:22 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:- "How did Misato and the others survive?? Why Misato resents Shinji being her the one who tell the boy to rescue Rei at any cost?"

Incoming old Reichu pic:

In all seriousness, at first Misato was cheering Shinji on, but once she realized Third Impact was occurring (before Kaworu's intervention), she was horrified (clutching her cross, remembering Second Impact).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby LightDragonman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Man, you guys are really putting a lot of bets on these nicknames being indicators of where the relationships are going to go.

I dunno. Maybe it's due to the fact that Asuka's not one of my favorite characters, but I always saw those nicknames as just being that, nothing more. If they are to get together based on symbolism of names, then I'm still calling bull****.
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:20 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Incoming old Reichu pic:

In all seriousness, at first Misato was cheering Shinji on, but once she realized Third Impact was occurring (before Kaworu's intervention), she was horrified (clutching her cross, remembering Second Impact).

Yeah, I know, but she has no right to blame him

That just made my day, so how did you sneak into Khara Studios? Do you have a video of yourself sneaking in on the production of 3.0? I would love to see it so then maybe we can start to understand the black hole that is Anno's mind. And if the blackhole is like Kirby he has absorbed at least 9001 trolls....

That kind of things happen when you want to make a tetralogy and you only have ideas for the fucking first film, which is a remake of the first six chapters of the original series and your writing based on criteria of merchandise and fanservice, even if means to fuck characters and relationships whose previous encarnations are the only way to understand what the fuck it's happenning .

And drugs, lot of drugs

- Muahaha lets make EVA 01 start 3rd impact without explanation

- Muahahahaah and in the sequel lets start the 4th impact, and give EVA 01 four arms!!! and two pilots!!!! and two spears!!!! bigger!!!! flashier!!! and call it EVA 13!!!!

Do you remember the times when an impact was surrounded by a fog of mistery, A TRAGIC EVENT without turning point, which was the main dish of the grand finale??

Pepperridge Farm Does
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:04 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Yeah, I know, but she has no right to blame him

Er, yeah she does.

And the rest of what you wrote is BS. How 'bout more evidence and less shitposting, m'kay?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:14 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Er, yeah she does.

And the rest of what you wrote is BS. How 'bout more evidence and less shitposting, m'kay?

Okay, I went a bit off topic, but that doesn´t give you the right to call it bullshit, it was just an opinion. I held that rebuild is a good example that improvisation is not a good way to build a tetralogy.

I dunno. Maybe it's due to the fact that Asuka's not one of my favorite characters, but I always saw those nicknames as just being that, nothing more. If they are to get together based on symbolism of names, then I'm still calling bull****."

Even I like Asuka as a character, I agree with you. But it's the Evangelion syndrome : overanalyzing things. If a show needs to be analyzed frame by frame to be understood, it has failed miserably. And I think this is not the case.
Last edited by Jäeger on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:16 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Okay, I went a bit off topic, but that doesn´t give you the right to call it bullshit, it was just an opinion. I held that rebuild is a good example that improvisation is not a good way to build a tetralogy.

And that's what's BS. Provide some proof that that's what happened or give the shitposting a rest.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:20 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:And that's what's BS. Provide some proof that that's what happened or give the shitposting a rest.

Providing a proof about what??? It was just a joke and an opinion :facepalm:

@Transformer
If they didn't start in the wasteland that would be complete waste of interaction between.

I agree, it would be a disappointment, but after 3.0 ANYTHING is possible.
Last edited by Jäeger on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:23 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Providing a proof about what??? It was just a joke and an opinion :facepalm:

Proof that the tetrology was improvised.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:30 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Proof that the tetrology was improvised.

Not the tetralogy, the scripts. And i'ts just AN OPINION, based on how bad is written and plot holes everywhere (we better dont' talk about Mari, her initial role and how she has ended, or 3.0 preview from 2.0). But it's just MY opinion, you don't have to agree.

I hope Final makes me change my mind, but I don't expect nothing closer to EoE.

And if the blackhole is like Kirby he has absorbed at least 9001 trolls....

Maybe King Dedede was a previous incarnation of Pen pen :lol:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:35 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Not the tetralogy, the scripts. And i'ts just AN OPINION, based on how bad is written and plot holes everywhere (we better dont' talk about Mari, her initial role and how she has ended, or 3.0 preview from 2.0). But it's just MY opinion, you don't have to agree.

And my call of shitposting is likewise an opinion. You're free to say what you like, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to agree or think it's valid.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:38 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:And my call of shitposting is likewise an opinion. You're free to say what you like, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to agree or think it's valid.

As you wish.

That wasn't my intention.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:46 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Which can be expected when your writing routine is based in pure improvisation over the original idea,

The fact that they are telling a different story with different emphases, which has been made clear from the start, doesn't mean that it's improvisation! It merely means that you didn't know what was going to happen, and if you thought you did you were wrong.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:53 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:The fact that they are telling a different story with different emphases, which has been made clear from the start, doesn't mean that it's improvisation! It merely means that you didn't know what was going to happen, and if you thought you did you were wrong.

Nonono, don't misunderstood me. As I've said I like new ideas, like the 14 years gap. When I say the "original idea" I'm not talking about NGE. I wanted a new story, and it's what Rebuild gives to me. But that doesn't hide the fact that is poorly written an full of plot holes, and the characters are the first victims.

Back to topic, Mari's lines and the eva course could be a hint about their relationship.....or nothing. Waiting for 2015 it's the only way to know their true meaning

I'm gonna be sincere : It would be a disappointment that Anno send us the message that not leaving mom's hips it's fine. It would be the opposite from the original series.
Last edited by Jäeger on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:59 am

Then we merely disagree over the degree of imperfection. I freely acknowledge that it's not perfect (but then, what is - you can't look at eps 25 & 26 and call them "perfect", after all). But I disagree over the prevalence of plot holes - there may be a couple (again, when are there not?), but mostly we have an unfinished (and so partly untold) story, and disagreements over the likelihood of Shinji behaving as he did, in Q in particular - where I'm strongly on the side of accepting the depiction of his behaviour as realistic (not necessarily reasonable or inevitable, though, but that's the story-teller's choice).
Last edited by pwhodges on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:00 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Nonono, don't misunderstood me. As I've said I like new ideas, like the 14 years gap. When I say the "original idea" I'm not talking about NGE. I wanted a new story, and it's what Rebuild gives to me. But that doesn't hide the fact that is poorly written an full of plot holes, and the characters are the first victims.

You keep saying this, but you've yet to provide anything to back it up.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:03 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Then we merely disagree over the degree of imperfection. I freely acknowledge that it's not perfect (but then, what is - you can't look at eps 25 & 26 and call them "perfect", after all). But I disagree over the prevalence of plot holes - there may be a couple (again, when are there not?), but mostly we have an unfinished (and so partly untold) story, and disagreements over the likelihood of Shinji behaving as he did, in Q in particular - where I'm strongly on the side of accepting the depiction of his behaviour as realistic (not necessarily reasonable or inevitable, though, but that's the story-teller's choice).

That's why I've said I hope Final makes me change my mind. After two near impacts, a new one would be an insult, so I'm open to surprises. But for Mari there is no turning back : a complete waste, unless glorious revelation :devil: Don't get me wrong, I like the character., a lot. But when you read 2.0 CRC about what the had planned for her....

And they better give an explanation for "But kaworu stopped 3I!!!", " From a certain Point Of View, Luke""

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:10 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Soryu (during the MP Eva battle for instance) seemed to be fighting more for herself than humanity (and understandably so), while Shikinami was seemingly able to overcome whatever issues she had in the past 14 years to do what needs to be done in helping to save humanity.

At least, that's what it so far seems like. Maybe Shikinami (like Misato) just does a really good job of holding her pain in.
Shikinami expressed powerful embarassment after the bomb angel mission. She was running with her chest out, if you will; she was fighting with her ego forward, which is why she was 1. overnarrating the event 2. performing less than satisfactory(remember, just before this she completely soloed another angel straight out of a plane without ever stepping on the ground once) and 3. felt ridiculed when she couldn't "do it by herself." Rei and Shinji were literally begging her to hurry before she winded up to deliver her over-enthusiastic kill move. I would barely call that thinking outside of herself very much. :huh:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”