What anime are you watching right now? Nov 2013

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby heavytread » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Sword Art Online 2 episode 1

Awesome scale 6/10 I don't get why people are hating on it. I really liked it sure it could use some work, but so could everything else on TV

I'm going to keep watching this

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:46 am

I've been really busy this past week. Let's see if I can remember off the top of my head:

Blue Gender eps. 1-3 - So far this series has brought me only a minimal satisfaction with it's characters and fan service.

Rail Wars! ep. 1 - Who knew that a series on trains could be so much fun? Really digging the main cast as well as their easy to distinguish character designs.

Sailor Moon Crystal ep. 1 - I LUV IT! The animation has improved dramatically and Mitsuishi-san hasn't lost her touch as Usagi-chan.

Gundam Unicorn ep. 7 - Been putting it off for a while but finally caught it recently and the one scene in particular that caught my attention was when Banagher and Full Frontal were traveling through time in their mobile suits and that particular orchestral piece based on the theme song from Encounters in Space is playing. So touching.

Rahxephon eps. 7-9 - These fan service episodes are slowly but surely ensuring that I continue to give this series a continued watch and does it make me a pedo if I think Megumi is the hottest one to rock a bathing suit? :uhh:

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Aldnoah.Zero ep 1.
First episode was great, interesting plot but can't really say its new. The music was good but really had a Gundam Unicorn feel to it, not surprising since Hiroyuki Sawano doing it. And Isaac Asimov reference ahoy!
Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen ep 1
Had a real robot sort of feel with the combat scenes besides that nothing really much to say.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:29 pm

Nadia: Secret of Blue Water eps 17-20

I'd be a broken record by now if I just kept repeating how much this series thrills me. However, I do have one change of tune: It feels like the series has hit a definite status quo. The constant state of flux that the series maintained for an impressive 12 to 16 episodes feels like it has finally settled into a state where the relationships have been sufficiently defined. This is neither good nor bad, just an observation.

I have heard that the infamous Island Arc is coming up soon (episode 23 or so). My anime-watching friends and I (or at least the other one of us who hasn't already seen the series) have decided to watch everything, so I'm waiting with just a little bit of anticipation to see if it will really be that bad or if this is going to wind up like Magma Diver all over again (meaning, episode(s) that countless others seem to hate that I actually love or at least consider to be okay).
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:53 pm

The first episode of Nadia I saw was one of the Island episodes so it skewed my perceptions of them as "bad" somewhat.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:59 am

Aldnoah.Zero Ep. 1
View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:Aldnoah.Zero ep 1.
First episode was great, interesting plot but can't really say its new. The music was good.

^

Tokyo ghoul Ep. 1
SPOILER: Show
I got immediately hooked after seeing the (Well directed) scene, where the main protagonist starts to eat (And vomit) food and tries to prove himself, that he hasn't turned into a ghoul.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Old Stickies”