[Manga] Dark Horse Licenses Tony Takezaki's Parody Eva Manga

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:21 pm

So very confused...Wasn't this long ago released in the States? My opening post for this thread was in 2012!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-06/dark-horse-adds-tony-takezaki-neon-genesis-evangelion-manga-volume/.76207
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Dark Horse is getting a little ridiculous with all of these Evangelion manga licenses. Next thing you know, they'll announce that that they've renewed the license for Girlfriend of Steel 2/Angelic Days!
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:42 pm

I wouldn't mind that, since ADV's release/translation seemed so-so. (I think I have my copies somewhere though.)

If someone could explain my above question, that'd be awesome because I'm very confused.

AR-99
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Takezaki has 2 pieces in Comic Tribute, both titled Tony Takezaki's Neon Genesis Evangelion, although within each there are individual titles. From the Evageeks.org post, his volume includes the piece Episode 22 - At Least, Be Whole Grain (Rei running with the bread). So from this it looks like his volume, which came out in 2011, also includes his work for Comic Tribute, which came out a year earlier.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Angel of Will
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Well, at least this means it shouldn't be so hard to get my doujin published when it's done in 10 years or something... maybe.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 am

This is unrelated to doujins. This "tribute" manga was still officially done by Gainax/khara. Takezaki is a pretty prominent artist who has been around for decades and also did a fantastic, official Gundam parody manga some years back. That's likely the reason he was hired to do this in the first place.

Unless you magically manage to suck up to gainax/khara, noone will rubber stamp your doujin.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Angel of Will
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Angel of Will » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:42 am

----☆

The more you know.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Anybody have this one? (Eva-01 eating ramen on the cover, not to be confused with the chibi Eva-01 book featuring various artists.)

Read a little at Barnes and Noble, and it's pretty hilarious. Has some of the jokes I remember reading in my Japanese NGE2 comics anthology & random online scans from THAT BOARD many a Moon ago.

I'm very tempted to buy it, but funds are tight at the moment! Related, I didn't see the Chronicle Side A book anywhere, though I searched all over for it.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”