What anime are you watching right now? Nov 2013

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:06 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:WICKED CITY (1987)

I'm glad I found another fan of this movie here
:D

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:18 pm

Nadia: Secret of Blue Water episodes 9-12 last week and 13-16 this week.

:headbash: How ... does ... this ... show ... stay ... so ... good?!

The sheer awesomeness of this show just does not let up. I know it has to run out eventually -- the Island Arc and Africa Arc must be infamous for a reason -- but I wouldn't know it from how things are going. When it's being dramatic, I'm appropriately tense; when it's being funny, I laugh as hard as I did at the best parts of Kare Kano; when it's being cute, my heart goes aflutter. How much of it is the skill of Anno and how much of it should be credited across the people he worked with, I don't know, but the end products I've seen with this one man's name attached seem all to just floor me.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:58 pm

THE RIDE BEGINS AGAIN

SPOILER: Show

Episode 1 and already a Sweet Ass Online shot. Thank you based A1.

10/10, episode 1 met all my expectations and then some. It's so utterly bad but I just love every minute of it. It's like The Room of anime.

So, who's going to be riding Kirito's Wild Ride with me this time? coL? I suspect you're not going to partake? arkiel? CAP?
Last edited by CJD on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:01 pm

No.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:31 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:So, who's going to be riding Kirito's Wild Ride with me this time? coL? I suspect you're not going to partake? arkiel? CAP?
Nope. Haven't watched anything recently and I don't see this getting me back into it. :um:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:00 am

Is this a thing where everyone watches it together live or what?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:04 am

No. When the first season was aired we were all watching it on our own but commenting on it in this thread.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:06 am

Sword art online II Ep. 1
Pretty mediocre start.

Free!: Eternal summer Ep. 1
What a pleasant surprise this ep. was, more pls.

People should watch this, instead of SAO imo.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:54 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:People should watch this, instead of SAO imo.

Reasons?
System Administrator

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:21 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Reasons?

SAO 2 has this "We've seen this already, booring..." kind of feel.
Sure, Free! S2's plot will probably become pretty similar to S1, but Free! S2 still somehow manages to feel more fresh, despite similar premise.

I dunno, maybe it's just me.
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:25 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Reasons?

Free! is great. It's pretty, it's simple, it's effective. You should watch it.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:50 am

Free! was one of the few series that I was too uninterested by to finish.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:30 am

^You stopped watching it probably because you got jealous of the their fine muscles. :kawaii:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:58 am

Nah, that's just not me.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:24 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Nah, that's just not me.

I'm straight as they come, but for some reason Free! really appeals to me nonetheless. I can't explain the why of it, it's just . . . not threatening to me (not saying it is to you, Paul, I know better. I'm just speaking in generalities here). If it were yaoi I'd be out double quick, but as is it's just harmless and pretty anime with a good soundtrack and the typical sports anime themes.

I wouldn't argue with anyone who called it boring or whatever, though, since there's really not much to it. Either it works for you or it doesn't.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:51 pm

I watch Free! for Gou.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:54 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:I watch Free! for Gou.

Smart man.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:55 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:I watch Free! for Gou.

^It's Kou! :fistshake:
I wonder if we'll see her in a swimsuit.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Akame ga edge episode 1 Akame ga kill episode 1:
man it's going to be a while before you guys show up isn't it based jagers

Pretty fine start to the anime only covered chapter 1 of the manga but that's what I expected it to be, was paced pretty fine and over all animation was pretty good for the first episode although there were a few points where they used stills and I wasn't too big on those and felt it didn't look too good. Can't wait for Esdese and the other jagers to show up since that's when the manga got a bit more interesting and the fights got really cool.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:58 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:not yet but ive heard of it, any good?

I highly recommend. Has its own thread..
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Return to “Old Stickies”