What are you watching right now? (tv series + see OP!)

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Fri May 23, 2014 5:57 pm

^ FX has really been on a roll with its programming as of late, has it not?

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:59 pm

The only other FX shows I watch are Archer and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (I guess that's technically FXX now), both of which I love. All those other shows seem to be getting critical acclaim, so I guess they should keep doing what they're doing, as long as I get to watch my comedies.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat May 24, 2014 1:43 am

HANNIBAL Season 2 Finale
Look at the bright Side... I Bet Freddie lounds has plenty to write about now.

On a more personal note - I have lost all ability to feel anything... Ever.

What the actual fuck do the police and Emt's of that town even fucking do?

This was probably the most poetic and beautiful ending to anything I have ever seen... Eva 2.0 is still my absolute favorite ending of all time but this is up there.

'Where is jack'
'...... In the pantry'
FUCK that was creepy and funny as shit.

OMGTHEREISSOMUCHDAMNBLOOD!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat May 24, 2014 2:33 am

I haven't seen it yet. It was preempted on my local affiliate by a baseball game.

How rude.

Hannibal  SPOILER: Show
HE FUCKING KILLED EVERYBODY
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Eleven
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Eleven » Sun May 25, 2014 6:01 am

Regarding the Hannibal Finale

SPOILER: Show
I cannot remember it well from the movies, but at least Graham survives. Why didn't Hannibal check that his victims are dead? It seems irrational to me. Especially in the timeframe while Will finds and looks after Bloom, Hannibal had plenty of time to finish Crawford. Why didn't he?
And his psychiatrist finally joining him? Why? She tried to help catch him and now she changes sides once again?
I think it was a good ending, but the characters' motives are not really clear or comprehensible to me.
I apologize for any grammar mistakes, as I am not a native speaker.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue May 27, 2014 4:12 am

God damn Hannibal is so good, mads mikkelsen is pretty much the only (whitewashed) choice for Gendo.

Ok now I just started the 2nd season of THE SHIELD and am absolutely hooked hard.
Fuck yeah Walton goggins my boy from justified.
Episode 3, rose the stalker chick from two and a half men, plays the girlfriend of a sadist who kidnapped, tortured and de-armed a inncocent girl, it's revealed at the end she was a full on partner in her crimes. Completely devastatingly manipulated Dutch right after he finally caught his big serial killer last season.

Very... Odd watching this now with Michael jace (who plays the suposed innocent cop on the show) having just been arrested for the murder of his wife.
Man this world sucks.

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Tue May 27, 2014 4:16 am

^ Mads Mikkelson will never be Gendo; too Nordic (maybe someone more along the lines of Billy Bob Thornton)

Now watching: Shameless (U.S.) Season 2

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Wed May 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Californication S07E08

If they kill off Karen, I don't know how I'll feel. On one hand I'd probably rage cause it'll spiral Hank into another, worse depression. On the other hand, I can no longer see them ever truly being happy together after all they've been through, and if she died, Hank would finally be free.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Wed May 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Fargo (TV series)  SPOILER: Show

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:36 am

I just started Fargo tonight and got through the first two episodes. It's absolutely brilliant so far.
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:58 am

I think they're bringing back the old anime shows on Toonami or returning to the daily format of old, Tom's doing another adventure event. I hope they bring back original Tom, I liked when he was Blue and White.

Now that I think about it, I hope they return to old anime shows and the daily format, Saturday just isn't enough for me.

I'm also loving the shit out of Rick and Morty, I just watched the Cronenberg episode, probably my favorite episode to date. The beginning kinda reminded me of the Buffy episode Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered, probably my favorite episode of Buffy ^_^
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:25 am

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:I just started Fargo tonight and got through the first two episodes. It's absolutely brilliant so far.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:52 pm

I love Cartoon Network's current programming.

I'm caught up with Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Teen Titans Go and Clarence.

I'm actually enjoying Go! more than the original cartoon, which I thought was good.

I'll try watching The Amazing World of Gumball and Uncle Grandpa at some point.

The new season of Boondocks is ok so far. I think Aaron McGruder's absence might explain why it's just "ok" and not "great."

Rick and Morty's cool. It took me a few episodes to start liking it though. The voices and mannerisms of both Rick and Morty can get annoying at times but I like the multiverse adventuring and the humor works for me most of the time.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Saw the first four episodes of Mad Men today. The cinematography is beautiful but the deliberate values dissonance still make for relatively challenging viewing.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:03 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:Saw the first four episodes of Mad Men today.

I got pulled into Mad Men back in 2010 via an ex-flame. From what I remember from my first viewing I sort of enjoyed the first season and despised the second(rewatched season 2 in 2012 and still hated it).

With that being said, I thought seasons 3-5 were very well done as the characters were all pretty much developed, the minor characters were great, the plots were interesting and fresh, etc. so if you want to continue I think you have something to look forward to. The fifth episode of season 5 was probably my favorite American live action episode of anything ever.

Unfortunately though my interest sort of fell off after five seasons, although 6 and the first half of 7 have been decent and watchable. But I imagine if one would start to watch it now it would seem kinda heavy to slog through six and a half seasons of people working at an ad agency.

^_^

--------------------------------

The only thing I am currently watching religiously, weekly, and happily is the subbed version of Gag Concert that is broadcast every Saturday/Monday night on KBS World. It's one of the best parts of my week.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Long time viewer of Mad Men and can back Joy's statement, though I've only seen S1-5 and am still yet to catch up on six and seven. MM's been a delight to watch over the years but it would indeed be a bit of a slog to condense that into a shorter time-frame. I don't remember much of the first two seasons, aside from that they mostly establish a lot of Don's backstory and what-not - whereas season three is were things really pick up IMO (S3 finale probably being one of my favourite moments alongside S5E5 as Joy mentioned). Also, this:

:rofl:

Only show I'm watching at the moment is S3 Luther and I haven't even seen S1-2.

Great telly.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:05 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Only show I'm watching at the moment is S3 Luther and I haven't even seen S1-2.

Great telly.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
the end wont have the same meaning if you haven't watched 1-2 please go back and watch the other seasons 1st bro, just my recommendation.

fantastic series, made idris elba my favorite male actor working today.

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Fargo episode 9. Fuck.

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:34 pm

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:Fargo episode 9. Fuck.

That was quick. :beavis:

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:24 am

Time is a flat circle.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Film and Video”