Missing Characters in 3.0 & Beyond [split]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Missing Characters in 3.0 & Beyond [split]

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:12 am

[Split from "Characters' Appearances Pre- and Post-Timeskip". - Monk]

[Topic title changed from "Pen Pen (or lack thereof) in 3.0 & Beyond [split]" on 2014-04-17. - Monk]

So, did Pen Pen really die then inbetween the two films? Maybe he just went into hiding? Or did he, like maybe fuse with he Wunder?

I don't know....

god, I hope Final explains this stuff.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:34 am

Well, according to da Internet, a typical penguin longevity is between 15 and 20 years. Assuming that Pen Pen was a few years old in NGE and/or that his genetic modification (if the manga lore applies here) didn't affected his lifespan, it's possible that he's still alive after the time skip, but he'll be far from the vitality of his early youth.

That's it, if he didn't died violently meanwhile of course.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:So, did Pen Pen really die then inbetween the two films? Maybe he just went into hiding? Or did he, like maybe fuse with he Wunder?

I don't know....

god, I hope Final explains this stuff.

If you squeeze your eyes just right, doesn't Wunder appear just a little bit similar to a penguin in horizontal swimming position?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:54 am

Mari and Asuka are clones, the Wunder is Pen Pen's final form, and Misato knows one weird little secret that prevents wrinkles and breast sagging. Dermatologists hate her!
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:24 pm

PEN PEN WANTS A HUUUUG!!!
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:32 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:the Wunder is Pen Pen's final form,

As has already been noted:
Getting a 403 Forbidden on that image link
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:08 pm

After Third Impact Misato & Ritsuko needed a meal when food got really scarce.

...He was delicious.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:44 am

View Original PostSome mod wrote:Getting a 403 Forbidden on that image link
And I even took the trouble to test it in a different browser that didn't have it cached!

Anyway, this is what I meant:
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:15 am

Just as a note, we know that Pen2 was living with the Horaki family. If they're dead, then Pen2 is likely dead as well.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:29 am

^
That was only in NGE, in Rebuild we never got a scene of Misato sending Pen² to the Horakis, we just know that he ended in the shot of Kensuke, Hikari and Toji looking at Zeruel, which is so far the last time we see any of them.
We don't even know how Pen² ended here, maybe he just joined the evacuating population and met with the three others, who know him because of their friendship with Shinji and Asuka. (Pen² was present in the Aquarium visit, and it's very probably that the three had gone visiting Shinji and/or Asuka in the apartment of screen)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:45 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Misato knows one weird little secret that prevents wrinkles and breast sagging. Dermatologists hate her!

Perhaps Pen-Pen's flesh has a similar effect to the flesh of mermaids in Japanese mythology and grants immortality to whoever eats it.

Perhaps Asuka, Ritsuko and Mari had a nibble too. Then, rather than let Shinji know that she ate their beloved pet, Asuka blamed everything on the Evas.

Well, Pen-Pen could be in Misato's living quarters, wherever that is. Or perhaps he died. Or Misato let him free into the Arctic to live with regular penguins (if there are any left).
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:02 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:^
That was only in NGE, in Rebuild we never got a scene of Misato sending Pen² to the Horakis, we just know that he ended in the shot of Kensuke, Hikari and Toji looking at Zeruel, which is so far the last time we see any of them.

True, my bad. If he was with the three of them, though, then we really need some kind of hint about what happened to all of them! :lol: Ah, FINAL... hurry up and scratch my itch.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:26 pm

We see Pen Pen and Misato in the scene where Shinji leaves Misato's/quits Nerv. The next and last time we see Pen Pen is the evacuation shelters (added to the 2.22 version, he was absent in 2.0), so I think we're supposed to infer that Misato sent him away for safety.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Last time we saw him, he was with Touji.

Touji is so dead they recicled his shirt.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Pen Pen existed as a comic relief, and the time for comedy has now passed. You can thank Shinji for that one too.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:34 pm

I'm pretty sure Pen Pen is also God in NTE, as well as in the television show. That's why things have gone to hell. They lost God somewhere.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:15 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Touji is so dead they recicled his shirt.

Again, this hasn't been explicitly confirmed or denied as of yet. For all we know, he could be a neo-Kaji and just be flying under the radar or at some other location. Same goes with all those MIA in 3.0, there's nothing outside of inference that suggests that they are confirmed to be dead.

As for right now, there are always possibilities.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:19 pm

He's dead, Guy. As dead as that squirrel there.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:07 pm

While I agree that it is very likely that Touji is dead, I'm with Guy here. We simply don't have enough evidence to know for a fact that he's dead.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:33 pm

Toji and Hikari live in a big bubble city growing melons and pot. Kaji is probably there, too.

The people in the Wille fleet can't be the only humans left on Earth. Somebody in said fleet is smart enough to realize that if they're it, humans no longer have a viable breeding population and they might as well all go get high and have a big orgy until they die of old age.
the prophecy is true

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”