Celebrity RIP Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:05 am

A few days ago I was thinking about who I would consider to be my all time favorite actors, and Philip Seymour Hoffman was the first male actor to come to mind. Needless to say, I was saddened to hear of his passing.

The Master, indeed.

Peace.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:38 am

It is quite a huge blow to lose Hoffman. Rest in peace.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:19 am

RIP Peyton Manning's legacy
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:28 am

Well damn. RIP

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:44 am

View Original PostCorporalChaos wrote:RIP Peyton Manning's legacy

Beat me to it.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:35 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:A few days ago I was thinking about who I would consider to be my all time favorite actors, and Philip Seymour Hoffman was the first male actor to come to mind. Needless to say, I was saddened to hear of his passing.

The Master, indeed.

Peace.

Agreed. :sniffle:

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:57 am

Perhaps a little late, but I JUST learned James Avery died. Rest in peace, Uncle Phil. I'll record some old reruns of Fresh Prince tonight, in honor of your memory.

*goes back two pages* Yep, I'm the only one this badly out of touch.
Set phasers to thrill.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25772192

A little late to the party, but the man who never surrendered is dead, and he was probably the last living one of the Japanese holdouts of the Second World War. Rest in peace, Hiroo Onoda.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:10 am

RIP Shirley Temple

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26135627[/url]

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:18 am

She was still alive? I never even knew that! Damn. How many others from that era of Hollywood are still around? Can't be many!

Rest in Peace, Shirley Temple.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:55 pm

We stand with our glasses ready.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:12 pm

I seriously thought Shirley Temple had died like in 2000 or something.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:16 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:I seriously thought Shirley Temple had died like in 2000 or something.

Me too. She was only 85 I was thinking if she would be a lot older myself

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:22 pm

I'm shocked, I didn't know she was still alive, I remember watching her movies with my grandma when I was little. RIP Shirley Temple. :sniffle:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:25 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Me too. She was only 85 I was thinking if she would be a lot older myself

But then, she did get an Oscar when she was six - still the youngest ever (and likely to remain so, I'd say).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:00 pm

She was moe before moe was a thing. :salute:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Oldies still kicking. BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:04 am

Shirley Temple Black was the same age as my late Grandmother, who died several years back.

I knew she was still alive, because I looked up her wiki article by chance two days ago, after going through a list of people claiming to be "Hollywood stars you didn't know were still alive", sort of like this one.

Mickey Rooney, Dick van Dyke, Sid Ceaser, I actually knew all of these guys were alive, because I was certain I'd hear if they had passed away.

On that list, the only one I'm surprised to see is Christopher Plummer, who, for reference, was Captain Von Trap in the Sound of Music.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:22 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:We stand with our glasses ready.
I prefer the Roy Rogers, but I suppose a Shirley will do.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Re: Oldies still kicking. BP

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:27 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Shirley Temple Black was the same age as my late Grandmother, who died several years back.

I knew she was still alive, because I looked up her wiki article by chance two days ago, after going through a list of people claiming to be "Hollywood stars you didn't know were still alive", sort of like this one.

Mickey Rooney, Dick van Dyke, Sid Ceaser, I actually knew all of these guys were alive, because I was certain I'd hear if they had passed away.

On that list, the only one I'm surprised to see is Christopher Plummer, who, for reference, was Captain Von Trap in the Sound of Music.

If we lose Dick van Dyke or Julie Andrews, I'm gonna cry, Mary Poppins is my favorite movie! :heart: I'm annoyed that the person who voiced Garfield in the original cartoons died, that's my Garfield, not Bill Murray or this new guy. :irked:

Squigsquasher
Banned

Re: Oldies still kicking. BP

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:23 am

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:If we lose Dick van Dyke or Julie Andrews, I'm gonna cry, Mary Poppins is my favorite movie! :heart: I'm annoyed that the person who voiced Garfield in the original cartoons died, that's my Garfield, not Bill Murray or this new guy. :irked:

Let's be fair though, Bill Murray is awesome.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”