FML General Thread [5]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:38 pm

TOPIC.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:23 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:You've got an awesome mouse, though, just avoid the touchpad.

I don't use a mouse with my laptop. My use cases don't make them a viable input option.

I get to send the thing back anyway cuz it turned out to be the wrong product -- I ordered the non-touchscreen version and I discovered today that this one's the touchscreen version. Far from being a bonus for me, I actively don't want one because it knocks as much as an hour off the battery life. (I even tried it and it's true; the thing's self-estimate of its battery life was 6 hours, compared to the non-touch version's advertised 7.) (Also, I did try the touchscreen just to see and it's a laughably bad way to interact with a standard laptop.)

The touchpad bugged out even worse today (constant jitter even without touching the touchpad) which gives me hope that it really was defective all along and so I have some hope that if I get another of the same (but de-touchscreened) model I might get a touchpad that actually works right.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:55 pm

So apparently I've been suspended from editing TV Tropes. Why, I'm not sure. I apparently have to ask in order to receive that privilege. I'm just about done with the site anyways, it feels like nine times out of ten when I make an edit, somebody just changes it back.

EDIT: Apparently I've been suspended for a couple of days and didn't know about it either.

EDIT 2: So my suspension was apparently a mistake, because one mod wasn't aware of a PM conversation I had with another mod concerning a minor issue I had. Whatever, I'm just glad it's fixed now.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:32 pm

Consider that a boon and move on with your life.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:46 pm

My left ear is messed up, in which it cannot hear as well as my right. I just woke up this way (I had slept on it). I was not worried initially, because this happened before; I would just clear it out with a Q-tip and it would hear just fine. This time, it didn't work. I'm not exactly sure what to do.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby heavytread » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:37 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:My left ear is messed up, in which it cannot hear as well as my right. I just woke up this way (I had slept on it). I was not worried initially, because this happened before; I would just clear it out with a Q-tip and it would hear just fine. This time, it didn't work. I'm not exactly sure what to do.

I suggest you get the checked by a doctor.

-----------------
-----------------

I hate being worried about what people think about me it makes nearly impossible to make friends and when I do I'm consently in fear they'll just abandon me and treat me like I'm nothing, probably because it's happened before on many occasions.

Edit (for sake of not posting twice in one night):
I'm also sick of my opinion not being respected by anybody and being told that I don't feel the way I do.
Please note I'm not talking about anyone on here
Last edited by heavytread on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Episode four, Hedgehog's Dilemma. Ringing any bells? ;)

I had the same problem for a while, and I do indeed care about what people think of me. However, as you get older, it gets better.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:43 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:My left ear is messed up, in which it cannot hear as well as my right. I just woke up this way (I had slept on it). I was not worried initially, because this happened before; I would just clear it out with a Q-tip and it would hear just fine. This time, it didn't work. I'm not exactly sure what to do.

This has happened to me before (except that I don't use Q-tips ever). In the past, it's been wax buildup that I needed removed by a doctor. But this most recent time (over two years ago now) it was an ear infection that had caused major eardrum swelling.

What I'm saying is, "you might want that looked at".
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:46 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:However, as you get older, it gets better.

Speak for yourself.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:30 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:This has happened to me before (except that I don't use Q-tips ever). In the past, it's been wax buildup that I needed removed by a doctor. But this most recent time (over two years ago now) it was an ear infection that had caused major eardrum swelling.

What I'm saying is, "you might want that looked at".

I'd been having a cold recently, so what my parents are saying is that it's most likely due to the sinus buildup interfering with the interior of my eardrum. It may pass within a couple of days. If it doesn't, there are pills that could help. If those don't work, I'll certainly see a doctor. It's not painful though, so I don't think it is an infection, but I am not ready to rule anything out just yet. Being partially deaf would suck, especially considering the games I play.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:56 pm

All of the sudden Bomby has become shy again like he was as a child. WTF.

I guess given the situation, it makes perfect sense. An old acquaintance has been posting her art to Facebook, which I actually quite like, and it's made me curious to reconnect with her since I never really saw her artsy side when we were around each other (always through mutual friends). However, since we were never close and I probably haven't seen her for at least a year, wanting to reconnect has made me apprehensive to so much as comment on a Facebook post she made with something completely relevant. I did comment on it anyway but why the hell was I so apprehensive about it? It's not even like I'm romantically interested in her (even if I were I'm 90% certain she thinks I'm gay anyway). Just interested in having someone to discuss art with.

Human relationships are weird.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:02 pm

There's this really cool thing called Lumosity. I was having fun with it, but I found out that I had to pay a subscription service in order to use it to it's full extent.

On the bright side, that would explain it's quality.
The Moats of Quotes

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:50 am

I was blowing up my bike tire (after getting ANOTHER FUCKING FLAT) and it exploded. I also had my super-ultra-thick-you-can-go-over-land-mines-with-these tires popped. By what, you say? A NAIL. A GIANT NAIL CLEAN THROUGH MY TIRE. I'm sick of this.

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Princess Asuka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:08 am

Trying to figure out my iphone's headphones disappeared. They were still in the box and I never used them, I open the box and they're gone. :irked: It was a lousy day, was home sick, mom said I was faking when I wasn't, but I feel terrible stuffed up and I just wanna sleep all day, didn't win a contest on another forum for a custom rank, one of the winners was someone who annoyed the mod who held the contest, my Sailor Moon/NGE crossover RP is slow, a fanfic I started isn't getting much attention. These little things made today stink, but at least I posted stuff on deviantart and made peace with that person I got into an argument with.

I'm giving people second chances, just taking baby steps. ^_^ I feel proud of myself.

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby heavytread » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Welp now I know how everyone feels about me.

Hearing the sentences "Nobody likes you, you dumb f*$#%&." and "You should just, like, go kill yourself f#*" and only once hearing a complement "Wow you're a good artist." really puts things in perspective.

And on a semi related note, I just have been having totally random mood swings from super happy to the point its sickening, to soul crushingly, utterly sad and back, when I say random I mean random some times I'll be upbeat all day (or the opposite sad all day) some times only a few minutes some time hours and once sad all weekend. ;_;

right now I'm kinda happy though

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Princess Asuka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:27 pm

View Original Postheavytread wrote:Welp now I know how everyone feels about me.

Hearing the sentences "Nobody likes you, you dumb f*$#%&." and "You should just, like, go kill yourself f#*" and only once hearing a complement "Wow you're a good artist." really puts things in perspective.

And on a semi related note, I just have been having totally random mood swings from super happy to the point its sickening, to soul crushingly, utterly sad and back, when I say random I mean random some times I'll be upbeat all day (or the opposite sad all day) some times only a few minutes some time hours and once sad all weekend. ;_;

right now I'm kinda happy though

Now, don't say, I think you're cool. ^_^

I guess we're in the same boat, mood swings stink, one I'm all perky, the next minute, I'm sad or angry and I just wanna cry or sleep. :sniffle: School will be done in a month, still have to find a job and work on managing my Asuka like temper, is top priority.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:42 pm

View Original Postheavytread wrote:Hearing the sentences "Nobody likes you, you dumb f*$#%&." and "You should just, like, go kill yourself f#*" and only once hearing a complement "Wow you're a good artist." really puts things in perspective.
I've found that high school follows one of three paths. The first, if you're popular, you'll make a lot of friends and talk about meaningless shit and fret about stupid things like the prom. The second, if you're like me, people are afraid of you because you can use computers for more than Facebook. People tend to leave you alone, thinking you're unhinged. Unless, of course, they need you to change a grade for them. Lastly, there's the absolute shit path where people pick on you and you have to eat their shit.

Remember that you will probably come out of high school a lot better off than they do. Imagine yourself, twenty years from now, ordering a hamburger from somebody who used to give you shit.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby heavytread » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 pm

@Princess Asuka
I don't think people on the internet count. Although thanks that's actually the nicest thing I've heard all day. And I hope you get your problems worked out.

@Catamari
I find this to be so unfortunately true.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:54 am

I seem to have trouble forming "deep" or otherwise meaningful relationships with other people, and lately this thought has been bothering me a bit for some reason.

Well, more than that, it seems like it’s something that’s impossible or that doesn’t come naturally for me. It’s just very difficult given the way I see life or the world. I wonder if my somewhat abusive upbringing (well it really wasn't that bad but i guess not that nice either) has something to do with that.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:06 am

^My problem is that I find my real life relationships with others boring as hell, they don't have much depth and most of them have stereotypical personalities and because they aren't interesting, I have problems making relationships with them deep etc etc.

I blame Eva for this problem. :lol:
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”