Cellulars

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sleigh Lain Fish
Embryo

Cellulars

•      
  •      

Postby Sleigh Lain Fish » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:35 pm

So my Galaxy 3 went bezerk on me, and now I have a Galaxy 4. I like it a lot, but I also was considering the Note 3. I like stylus because I write. Anyway, what phone do you have, and why isn't it a Galaxy?
"In the land of a thousand fathers, she was born on the Fourth of July. But that don't mean she was made in America.. She was gone in the blink of an eye. She belongs, but she acts like a stranger. She can laugh, but she ain't free. I am my only devil, because they'll believe what they want to believe." - Josh Scogin.

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Galaxy S3 mini. Why ? It's cheap, small and does everything I want. (At least after I flashed CyanogenMod)
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Sleigh Lain Fish
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sleigh Lain Fish » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Soon I need to make the move from T-Mobile to Sprint, and I wanna pick a good phone.
"In the land of a thousand fathers, she was born on the Fourth of July. But that don't mean she was made in America.. She was gone in the blink of an eye. She belongs, but she acts like a stranger. She can laugh, but she ain't free. I am my only devil, because they'll believe what they want to believe." - Josh Scogin.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:11 pm

I use a Galaxy S2. I know, I live in the stone age. If I had my way, I'd be using an old flip phone. As awesome as smartphones are, they can do too much.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Agreed. I use an iPhone 5, but I'm not overfond of typing on a touchscreen.

I'd like a version with a slide-out keypad like my last phone. I guess it's just not future-y enough.
Set phasers to thrill.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:10 pm

This is what my phone looks like. It works well enough.

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby delispin25 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 pm

I have a Blackberry 8530, it's okay, kind of shit, luckily I'm going to upgrade it soon so I don't feel like such a cave dweller.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:53 pm

Galaxy S3 running 4.3 right now, but I'll probably get a Nexus phone to go with my T-mobile plan next time I upgrade.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 am

HTC One. Sleek, aluminum, great video quality, pretty damn good speakers for a phone.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:16 am

^Still one of the best phones out there and you can get it for cheap these days.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:04 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:I use a Galaxy S2. I know, I live in the stone age. If I had my way, I'd be using an old flip phone. As awesome as smartphones are, they can do too much.

You live under a rock, Catamari-kun. I can't live without my iphone 4, but I want a 5 with unlimited minutes.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:08 am

I have a Nokia candybar that I've had for about 8 years now. On the rare occasion I need to make or take a phone call on the move, it serves the purpose.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:52 am

Galaxy S3 running 4.1. This is my first smartphone, and I'm really loving all the things I can do with it that weren't possible before.

Not sure I'm going to make the switch to 4.3 just yet. I've heard some unsettling rumors about compatibility issues with older phones.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:05 am

Got this:

Goes alright, I guess.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Used to have fun fiddling around with all sorts of neat stuff on my Samsung Galaxy S2 but it went kaput and now I have an iPhone 4S
It's actually kind of shitty, but the restrictive iOS is actually pretty neat because it can't be an infinite timesink.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:47 pm

The 4S is still fine. I use mine for connecting to my servers to fix things when out of the office (I've done that in an airport gate before now. Also as a pitch pipe for the choir, and tuner for instruments; GPS with maps when walking in the country; currency conversion and train timetables (including live feeds) when travelling; music and videos to watch when at a loose end. All these things can be done on any smartphone, I guess, but Android can't do them any better than iOS.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:^Still one of the best phones out there and you can get it for cheap these days.

Indeed! I got one last year after my iPhone broke, and I'm really happy with the switch overall. I enjoy the widgets it has to offer, and it has really improved my productivity and kept me organized. Also, torrents? Fuck yeah.

(That's mostly a comment on Google Play and Android, I suppose.)
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:28 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Got this:

Goes alright, I guess.

Same actually. Biggest problem is the size of the system memory. Really limits what apps I can download.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Memory size...! I'm quite frustrated that the max memory available for my Nexus 7 is only half of what I've already got in my much smaller 2-year-old iPhone.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Got an LG Lucid. Pretty decent smartphone that didn't cost a ton and preforms pretty darn well even though I've had it coming up on two years now. Runs 4.3 pretty well. Dunno if I'm going to be upgrading just yet though as it still serves me well.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”