Pictures Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:13 am

View Original Postrobersora wrote:The new one is better, but a little bit too short for my tastes...

Thanks. Although I've actually been wearing it more up, in a kind of Morrisseyesque fashion. Might try to get another pic at a later date.

Goal is to grow it all out again though - As reason for cutting it was that it was just too ratty and damaged. Especially after being on holiday. So I hit reset. Will learn to take better care this time.

:)
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:13 am

Zap took an artsy fartsy pic of me while I listened to my Citiscape Downtown headphones (Christmas gift from him):

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:59 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:The puppy's bigger now:
SPOILER: Show
And she likes what the countryside can do for her image:

She's so cute! :heart: I have a soft spot for Spaniels since I had two English Cocker Spaniels, but we had to put the my other one down last Summer since she had cancer. And we just have a bratty one year old mutt currently. What kind of dog is the other one?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:22 am

The white dog is Springer Spaniel x Border Collie; the black one is unknown, but favourite guess is Flat-coat Retriever, probably x Collie as well.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:18 am

Thoughts on the below hairstyle, guys?

Mine's basically like that right now except not quite as long on top yet. Thinking about growing it and keeping the sides and back tight/buzzed or whatever.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:43 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Thoughts on the below hairstyle, guys?

Mine's basically like that right now except not quite as long on top yet. Thinking about growing it and keeping the sides and back tight/buzzed or whatever.

Wouldn't suit me, but I really like this kind hairstyle as long as the top is as long as in the picture. ^_^
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:37 am

In fashion circles, it's getting a bit played out, but if you have the right face shape it'll look good.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:10 am

^^My two cents on the haircut, because these are the things that interest me...I've seen a lot of people doing their hair like that in Chicago, and I imagine it's big in the rest of the world...that being said there are only so many hairstyles to work with, so if you like it go for it...just don't, like, completely shave the sides. :cringe:

I had a similar hairstyle back in 2011 after a crappy break up :lol: and it was nice to have a different hairstyle than the mop top I just usually rock...but I had to stop doing my hair up when my mother, of all people, pointed out to me that I have a large forehead(what some would call a "fivehead"). I inherited it from her... :|

The only other real problems I had with doing my hair up is that you'd have to find a hair product that you're comfortable with(I spent so much on hair products that I used once or twice) and it tends to require frequent trips to the salon to look nice and tidy.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:53 am

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:just don't, like, completely shave the sides. :cringe:

Yeah, that would be awful. I see many people with completely shaved sides and most of the time it looks just horrible and I instantly assume that they follow every trend blindly.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:57 pm

peekaboo...
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Bomby: That ramen or something else?

__

Moved the Kill La Kill discussion to the appropriate topic. PLEASE use the threads function next to search before you post!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:49 pm

It's ramyun, which is essentially the Korea version of ramen. I kind of have an addiction to it. It's wonderfully spicy and delicious, though like Japanese ramen, not exactly the healthiest food in the world. In spite of its lack of nutritious value (minus the Korean chili powder, which is very healthy) it's easily my favorite food that you can purchase for less than a dollar.

If you like spicy food and don't mind the salt content though I highly recommend trying it. Most Asian markets and grocery stores with decent-sized "ethnic" foods aisles should carry it.
Last edited by Bomby von Bombsville on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:54 pm

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:... not exactly the healthiest food in the world

Hey, at least there's no MSG :wink:

[URL=http://s842.photobucket.com/user/icannotredo/media/spiegelssss003_zpsb30ced62.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

I've had that cup in my kitchen, gathering dust for about a month...saving it for when there is a snowstorm, there's no other food left, and I'm drunk and/or on my last leg.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:37 am

Fuck yeah ramyun club. Anyone else with ramyun in their possession needs to take and post a selca with it immediately.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:44 pm

PW, you've aged quite well. Also, your grandson will eventually realize how lucky he is to have a granddad that watches Evangelion, when he discovers it himself. :lol:

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:24 pm

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:peekaboo...

u wot m8

also my new shoes came, finally

they might've originally been orthopedic shoes but they sure are comfy.
Like the silhouette and paneling too.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:12 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:
u wot m8
Gud bulkin' 2 ya m8.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:38 am

Despite all the fuss about the wettest January for a century, things haven't been too bad in the semi-desert of East Anglia. Most of the usual water hazards on the way to work have remained dry, and the one bit that's got flood signs up is really only a couple of deep puddles with a dryish strip at the apex of the camber that I can cycle on. Down by the river it's much the same as it was last year:

Meanwhile the displaced arctic air hitting the US has pushed such mild weather our way that the garden still looks like late autumn, except that the signs of early spring are already here -- snowdrops and marigolds both flowering in the front, and this rose slowly opening as the tulips start to peek through:

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:05 pm

I got a puppy!

He's a Boston Terrier and we call him Oswald "The Kaiju" Cobblepot Pippi.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Das adorable. I grew up with a Boston (and had another, older one from before I was born), they're great dogs. Troublemakers, though. Consider a cage for when you're not home if you haven't already.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”