The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Melchior
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Melchior » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:49 am

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:Evangelion Spoons and Jelly: (only scanned the thread, maybe we already had this one)
SPOILER: Show

I think, for this instance, we can use a soft "g" in Evangelion...

EvanJellyon :)

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:56 am

^ Now we just need to stuff them in some pastry, and all will be right.
Don't worry if you don't get that, I suspect that only, like...three to five people here will get that reference by now..

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:

O...kay. Wonder what kind of a tagline could be on them. "Now made with 100% real Angel core!"
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Melchior
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Melchior » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:23 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:^ Now we just need to stuff them in some pastry, and all will be right.
Don't worry if you don't get that, I suspect that only, like...three to five people here will get that reference by now..

Not only did I get it, it spawned another tagline:

Jelly's in it's pasty, All's right with the world.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:37 am

^ ...not really what I was referencing, but that's a good one too.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Melchior
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Melchior » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:04 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:^ ...not really what I was referencing, but that's a good one too.

If I recall, it was around the time of the Zeru pancake-maker, no?

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:59 am

I was doing a call-back to Evanjellydonut, one of the oldest NGE parody fics.

I figured that would go over someone's head.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: just got this at my latist con are you jelious

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:12 pm

View Original Postedwardthefma wrote:i love Evangelionhave for a long time and i was in luck wen Tiffany Grant AKA Asuka was making a convention appearance it was so freaking cool i got to talk to her and get my
Paul Champagne Evangelion Metal Art Box signed buy her btw i found out they only made 1 run of the boxes wich was 2000 numbered according to miss grant she thought they all got destroyed do to time
and its now super rare and i just threw a gold coin in to my already super rare box set so i am happy Btw miss grant called us a underground movement

They definitely aren't super rare. I see that three have been sold on eBay in the past two months. They are pretty uncommon though. No, the haven't been destroyed due to time. They hold up way better than every other release, because they're made of metal. In the future, keep in mind that signing things of inherent value actually decreases their value.

I'll tell you what is rare though, the corresponding box that he made for the movies. It wasn't an official release, so there are far fewer of them around.

I picked one of those up from eBay for like $40 along with both movies in box. That was a pretty sweet deal.

BTW, did you know that they also released two volumes of Evangelion on laserdisc in North America? Now those are rare. I've got the first one factory sealed. Still keeping a lookout for the second one.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”