NGE: Endless Fantasy [OOC]

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Bad John
Embryo

NGE: Endless Fantasy [OOC]

•      
  •      

Postby Bad John » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:48 am

Hi.

I came here with a fair interest in starting up, and participating in an RP, since I couldn't find any out there. Unfortunately, most stuff around here is either derelict or deeeeeeep in progress. So, I'm starting one up.

SPOILER: Show
I've fired up a few RPs in the past, with varying success, so here's my rules. They're simple:

1. No powerplaying, or metagaming. Nobody likes that guy, and I presume nobody wants to BE that guy.

2. Try to use proper grammar. I'm not going to yell at you for putting an extra T in a word or something, but there is an edit button. Feel free to correct mistakes. People may not even notice.

3. Act in the benefit of the narrative in progress, and don't forget your character's responsibilities to his comrades. If someone addresses your character, or asks for help, at least acknowledge them in some way.

4. Try to avoid making outright homicidal characters. I don't mean make characters who are perfect little boys and girls. After losing their parents and becoming a military attack dog, chances are your character will have some emotional damage. Just don't make your character a raving lunatic who frags superior officers and berserks every time they enter combat. NERV might not be the most responsible organization in the world, but they probably recognize that a knife wielding psychopath should not be behind the wheel of a Godlike biological weapon.

5. Use common sense at all times.

Plot

In the years of the Human-Angel conflict, the Angels, despite their dwindling numbers, have found a way to rise up even bolder, in their erraneous pursuit of Adam, and the destruction of NERV headquarters. Replicating ain immense caverns, the Angels are swelling their numbers in Wombs, some deep beneath the sea, some beneath populated areas, and some even in the inky black of high orbit, each ready to spring forth a new terror.

The war has shifted. Now NERV has both the ability to proactively attack, and the same old responsibility to defend. But with the grown number of Children and EVAs, humanity may yet face the challenge and weather the storm.

Thaaats what I've got so far. The EVA pilots have a fair chance to hunt down and kill Angels before they can strike at NERV, but at the risk of leaving the home base defenseless. Some characters will be tasked with staying on base, going to school, etc, staying in TOKYO-3 in case of an unseen attack, while others are on duty pursuing leads and unusual geographic activity to kill Angels before they hatch.

If you're interested, grab the template and sign in. If there's no interest whatsoever, I'll just delete the topic and slink off in shame to the darkness where the nerds belong. :P

If you have an idea that can supplement, or be generally better than mine, I won't even trip if you bring it up.

SPOILER: Show
Name:
Birthday:
Current Residence: (Your character currently lives SOMEWHERE in Tokyo 3. Whereabouts?)

Personality: (Sum the bro up. What's she or he like?)
Appearance: (Written Descriptions, or Pics in Spoilers.)
Casual Clothing: (Once again, Written Description or a pic of some clothing.
Plugsuit: (Colors. Patterns.)
Combat Info: (What skills does the child supplement his EVA with? I say again, use your best judgement. The kid is fifteen at most, so just be realistic. Granted, they're all formidable, let's try not to have 'em be a ninja-marine-sniper-assassin-berserk-bipolar monster. Not trying to stifle your creativity, or harsh your buzz, but...you know. C'mon.)

Evangelion
-- Designation: (A unit number, and some other nickname. Or no nickname, if you just want the EVA to be boring.)
-- Spirit: (Probably a dead mom. Unknown is also an acceptable answer, if you do not intend to go into it.)
-- Technical Specifications: (Standard weapons, attachments, attributes, strengths, drawbacks, all that jazz. Try not to make it overpowered, or ridiculous. The LITTLE things can make an EVA stand out, so don't feel like it needs a buster sword or one wing or something.)
-- Design: (Colors, armor specifications, all in a written description. Or just a picture.)

Background: (Use your best judgement, and see what you come up with. What led your character here?)

Narrative Contribution: What would make your character important to the story? What does the bro bring to the table? How would he/she influence the group dynamic? What agendas do they have, if any? Hopes? Dreams? How do they contribute to an actual battle?
Last edited by Bad John on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi. I'll be honest, with the response so far and the general layout, I don't think you'll get very far trying for a more vanilla Eva Rp.

Honestly you should probably try to come up with a more involved plot plan that stands out from the rest.

I can understand not wanting to glamorize mental illness, but without those sort of issues, where's half the fun in Eva? :D

Honestly, given that one of the one's I'm in is seemingly dead in the water, if it doesn't pick up soon I may just join this, but you need more work dude, there's no real Hook to your RP yet.
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Bad John
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bad John » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:10 pm

You make a good point.

I'll get crackin' on that, I suppose.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Looking better, though I will now bestow more of my infinite wisdom.

Stick an advertising link in your sig and go post around the boards.
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”