If the house is a-rockin'... [RML Thread 3]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:14 am

(Don't know where else to put the following)

Heading out for Ohayocon again in the morning. If, for some reason, anyone here is heading there, look out for a guy that has "IDAHO" pasted on his chest.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:31 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:^It's Katana-chan, okay? It's Katana-chan. :kaos_tantrum:

Umm, care to elaborate? Not to be cynical or anything but I was under the impression that she despised EGF and EGF-ers in general quite a bit. Plus, isn't she like 14 and lives in Italy (or at least not near where you are)?
Last edited by Shinoyami65 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:47 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:(or at least not Paraguay)?

I'm pretty sure Lavinius is from the US. Dream is our Paraguayan member.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:14 am

^Oh, right, right -o-; . Sorry.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:26 am

This hard, mindraping week is finally over........Exams, exams, exams and more exams....

This is how I feel right now:
SPOILER: Show

^Oh, hello Katana.

FriedlCore
Adam

Postby FriedlCore » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:15 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:This hard, mindraping week is finally over........Exams, exams, exams and more exams....

This is how I feel right now:
SPOILER: Show

^Oh, hello Katana.

I just got accepted as a PhD Student, so I feel with you, even though I will never have exams again :D

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:52 am

It's been a year since I joined EGF!
:jiggy: :boingy: :yippee: :woohoo:

Also, (possible) haters, I intend to stay here at least 5 more years. Khehe. :devil:

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:20 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Also, (possible) haters, I intend to stay here at least 5 more years. Khehe. :devil:

We shall see.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:27 pm

I finally moved back out of my dad's house! Rent's pretty cheap, too (200 USD a month, plus utilities, likely a little under 400 a month total), considering that I live in a house now. My stepsister gave me her dog, and he's pretty happy here (he gets walked three times a day now - he used to just sulk around the house. He's a rescue from an abusive owner, and hence, he's very timid and never barks). The place is pretty dirty, but it'll get better with time - I'm gonna get some people to help me clean it thoroughly.

On an unrelated note, I've been successful in kicking tobacco - I rarely even feel the urge to smoke, and the weak urges I get once in a blue moon are easy to dispel.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:55 am

Moved back into my dorm yesterday and had a grand reunion with my bros in Animated Perspectives. Go-carts were involved.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Atropos » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:11 pm

For one glorious moment, there were no unread threads on EGF.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:37 am

You clicked "Mark all forums read"?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:42 am

View Original PostAtropos wrote:For one glorious moment, there were no unread threads on EGF.

... and then someone posted in the FML thread.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Atropos » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:00 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:... and then someone posted in the FML thread.

I should clarify: no unread threads for me.

And no, I didn't. (Although I only read the last page of each unread thread; you can't expect me to read through all of them.)

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:12 pm

Happy New Year to those now celebrating it!
Good Luck and Prosperity in the Year of the Horse!

新年好! 恭喜发财! 萬事如意! 馬年!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:36 pm

Since creative writing is difficult for me regarding proper inspiration and motivation, the gears are finally turning for my story to become a visual novel instead. I've only posted about that, what, 2-3 times in Off Topic before? ^^;

Plan on making this a project just for fun, but it'd be nice if something good would come out of it.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Joy Evangelion » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Happy New Year to those now celebrating it!
Good Luck and Prosperity in the Year of the Horse!

新年好! 恭喜发财! 萬事如意! 馬年!

My grammar school was located close to Chinatown so we always had a nice New Year celebration; I miss it. I'm a little bummed out that the Year of the Snake is is about to end, but a lot of my bros are Horses, so that should be sweet... ^_^

In other RML news... I was sick as a dog for the past four days, and I was like, hungry no matter how much food I ate...it was weird. But I'm finally starting to feel a lot better, and I have a normal appetite. Also, the weather got above freezing here, allowing me to go downtown to shop, where I was able to find some much needed new pants.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:23 pm

1. [s:35o9wrc0]Interview tomorrow! The job I'd temp-to-hire so I'll have to keep my current job as well but hopefully I can get full employment when the temp period is up, assuming I actually get the job.[/s:35o9wrc0] lol guess not fucking jackasses canceling my interview the day before.

2. I think I'm finally able to accept the girl I've been heartbroken over for a while now as just a friend. I kind of regret having revealed some of my less attractive qualities to her, but I can't erase the past. She still hasn't said anything to me about whether or not she's in any sort of romantic relationship with the guy I've been wondering if she's been dating, but if she is, I'm ready to accept it and move on. I just hope she'll still be comfortable talking to me since I did reveal my feelings for her.

3. That warm feeling you have when you realize that you genuinely love a person, even though it's just a purely platonic friend from work that you've never desired to be anything more with... I feel that now. She's been my closest friend for the past month or so since my other friends from outside of work have been out of town.

But it makes me realize something about emotions for others. I've been told this before but only now do I truly understand it:

-Liking someone is admiring the qualities they have as a person.
-Being attracted to someone (not exclusively in a romantic sense) is desiring to be close to someone because of those qualities.
-Loving someone is greatly valuing the relationship with another person, even if they don't have all the qualities you would normally look for in a friend or lover.

I guess I just have a lot on my mind right now.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

Postby moonwolf2024 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:00 pm

Just did my income tax today. Didn't think I was going to get much since I was out of work for a few months but I'm getting a good amount. As a matter of fact, it's the exact amount I need for a deposit to move. I've been thanking God all day. :woohoo:
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:47 pm

Finally caught up with the 60+ evageeks related emails sitting in my inbox. :lol:

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”