Tell Me Your Dreams!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:00 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:So am I the only one who dreams in color?

No -- the grass in The Park is always green, often tinged with the reddish light of the evening sun; which also lights the tile roofs of The Town; and in The Ship/Scraper there is a lot of dark red leather on the walls.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:18 pm

Stardust wrote:So am I the only one who dreams in color?
Um, no. I have had numerous dreams where the color scheme was really similar to the digital world in Tron, a very dark background with a bunch of extremely bright neon colors in the foreground and yet littered throughout the background. Really weird. :? I have only seen that movie once and, while I liked it, I never really felt as enthusiastic about it as I have been over Blade Runner, The Terminator, and a few other sci-fi features.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:34 am

I almost always dream in color.

My dreams seem to be in a theme... It's like I'm in different MMORPGs.

The first one I remember (a couple days ago) my character (who really wasn't me, because I was playing the character but it was like I was in the game at the same time) would go to different zones and deal with infestations of the undead. I was in the 2nd or 3rd zone when my character died and I ended up staying in ghost mode so I can check out the zone, which was a little higher level than I was. I found the main boss of the area and began climbing through the tower that she was in (a giant banshee) and as I got closer, I started taking damage, the boss could hit me and kill me even when I was dead, which freaked me out. I got away with a sliver of life and got back to the ground and desperately tried to log out as another mobn that could see me came towards me. I woke up when I logged out.

I had another dream like that just today and a few more not too long ago. I blame WoW.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:11 am

i have video game dreams, but they usually suck.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:39 am

I've been dying in a lot of my dreams... It's kind of ominous and disheartening. Atleast they're in the coolest ways possible. Monsters killing me, falling in to vats of different substances (such as pudding) and that one dream that a war broke out between humans and rabbits. Boy that one was awesome.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:20 am

I just woke up, had a cup of coffee, and then went back to sleep. Strange dreams ensued. I don't remember much. I was on a family camping trip in some kind of marshy nasty wet place. And then ninjas were after me. I remember some Catholics that lived in a mud hut (dont ask why). And then some stuff happened. Then I accidently signed up to take a Spanish during the summer instead of multivariate calculus. So I was like whoops. But then it was cool because it turned out that Rei was taking the same course and sat next to me. And she was better at Spanish than me so she helped. Then we were watching a movie in Spanish and I got kicked out of class for making out with Rei. Then I remembered I was signed up for the wrong class and it was too late to sign up for the calculus one as well. So I was pissed.

All I can say is: I gotta stop reading the tenant of room 404 right before going to bed. Every time a new installment comes out i have some really fucked up dreams. :P
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:46 pm

So am I the only one who dreams in color?

I've had some dreams where the color is about 10 times as colorful as in real life, those are always awsome.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Morzella
Adam

Postby Morzella » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:32 pm

My best dream ever was the one where I had a peice of chesse that let me fly when I ate a peice. Swooping and diveing above the city felt really great and the sensation and memory of it stayed for quiet a while. However as it faded I felt a little low (no pun intended).

I also have a habit of wakeing and remembering I have something important to do (such as getting up or buying something). I then fall back to sleep dream I have done it and thus stay in bed fimrly beliveing that said job is done. It can be rather annoying.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:47 pm

Just a few

The other night I dreamed I cut come guy off on the highway and he spun out of control. . . somehow ending up infront of me.

Another one.

Im punching a board in karate class and can not break through. Annoying as hell stuck with me all day.

And three.

not kidding here

Barney attempted to rampage through sesame street, and would have destroyed the place if the muppets hadn't run him over with their bus, and Mr Rogers shot him in the head with a shotgun.

I woke up and though " I will not cause shit in Mr. Rogers neighborhood. . . . "
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Kyle » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:29 pm

I woke up and though " I will not cause shit in Mr. Rogers neighborhood. . . . "[/quote]

There's a reason why Mr.rogers neighborhood in so crime free...
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby n00dle » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:04 pm

I envy you people that have dreams that make sense. What I mean is, you guys seem to have dreams that have some kind of internal logic to them, like you eat a piece of cheese and than you can fly. You do something, and it has a direct and consistent result. Basically what I'm saying is that my dreams never make any goddamn sense. And for some reason it angers me. And don't get me started on those people that can actually direct their dreams. Lucky bastards.

On the plus side, I never seem to have nightmares.
Gone away

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:38 pm

I remember every dream I've had since I was three years old, although I have a hard time remembering much else. They are usually set in the same set of fantastic approximations of the real world, and only a few have been guided by any kind of narrative logic. I can remember every visual detail down to hairs, and yet all of my dreams sort of run together. Recalling one leads me into another, and another, until I find I've been sitting for hours wandering through a world simultaneously beautiful, vibrant, and desolate, lonely, and horrifying, depending on which corner you turn or what you elect to remember next.
Needless to say the highlight of my day is going to sleep. If I ever need art film fodder for any reason, I am an infinite supply.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby n00dle » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:54 pm

Damn you...I hardly ever remember my dreams. And you know how theoretically whatever you were last thinking about, or what has most been on your mind lately is more likely to appear in your dreams? Not with me, mine usually are totally random, and if I ever DO recognize something in it, it's something I haven't thought about in like 6 months. My dreams suck! Anyone wanna trade?
Gone away

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:05 am

n00dle wrote:Damn you...I hardly ever remember my dreams. And you know how theoretically whatever you were last thinking about, or what has most been on your mind lately is more likely to appear in your dreams? Not with me, mine usually are totally random, and if I ever DO recognize something in it, it's something I haven't thought about in like 6 months. My dreams suck! Anyone wanna trade?

I still have dreams about kids I went to kindergarten with. Often I will revisit the settings of dreams in instances years apart, such as the twelve dreams I have had in a combination school/hospital/laboratory complex. I know every inch of that structure.

Last night I was riding in the minivan with my grandfather to help do some construction on a church I haven't been to in ten years. We had just gotten out of a Marilyn Manson concert that was crashed by a very angry Amy Rose, who was apparently filming a music video with a plastic bucket on her head and did not like the interruption. Anyway, it was early morning, and as he was driving, a small child bolted out in front of the van. I told him to brake, which he did, but only after the child had disappeared from our line of sight. Behind me I heard the child's older brother ask "Is he bleeding? Oh shit, he is!" And then we sped off.

The one before that involved me, seven years old, waiting at a dilapidated pizza parlor for something unretrievable. I think I was just waiting. Anyway, the pizza parlor also doubled as the corner of Figueroa Blvd. and Neptune, though there was nothing to suggest that that's where the parlor was located; it was just a simultanaety. Anyway, a gaggle of young friends, perhaps in their late teens, came into the parlor, and I wasted no time in wowing them with my talents involving a strange musical instrument. It was a wooden square filled with large holes; a 9x9 grid, if you will. Each of these holes had a red piece of material suspended within, and an apparatus resembling a box of plastic shoes sticking straight up into the air was attached to this grid (they were easy to separate). When the thing was assembled, pressing down on one of the shoes resulted in a full-bodied pipe organ sound. It was beautiful. I played a noxious tune on this instrument while ascending a metal ladder, and...

Okay, I've just run into another dream I had five years ago. I guess I've been to that parlor before. I'll end it there.

_get some help

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:26 pm

i had a dream where i was the main character in knights of the old republic, and i was fighting one of the bosses in the game. But the boss was darth vader, which totally made no sense. And then when I killed him, he didn't drop any cool new items. So I went outside and told Boromir and the gang to wait a little longer before we took back Osgilliath because i had to look for the cool new items.

MAL Profile

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:01 pm

I haven't remembered one of my dreams longer than a couple seconds afterwards in years.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Morzella
Adam

Postby Morzella » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:05 pm

Had one last night which was really dissapointing. Dreamt I had bought a new DvD of Black Books except when I started watching it everything was diffrent. Not only diffrent but utterly rubbish. So I went to complian to my people who told me they knew it was going to be like that because this was the DvD of the un-broadcast versions of the seris. I spent the rest of the dream moppeing about haveing wasted money on that lump of plastic.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:37 pm

Morzella wrote:Had one last night which was really dissapointing. Dreamt I had bought a new DvD of Black Books except when I started watching it everything was diffrent. Not only diffrent but utterly rubbish. So I went to complian to my people who told me they knew it was going to be like that because this was the DvD of the un-broadcast versions of the seris. I spent the rest of the dream moppeing about haveing wasted money on that lump of plastic.

That reminds me of a segment I had in February of last year. I was in my room watching some Don Bluth film when, lo and behold, there was a rape scene. I was like WTF??? It was a mouse getting raped by some mole-thing above the doorway to a toy shop. I believe it was supposed to be Christmas, as the shop was decked out in vaguely Christmasy... shit hanging from the walls. The scene was accompanied by a brassy, action rendition or Tinkerbell's theme from Hook, and while it was going on, some other mice were trying to transport a bomb accross a kitchen room floor (which I guess would explain the action scoring).

I woke up and was slightly terrified. Then I played it over in my mind and thought, That could actually work in context, and if done right.

_get some help

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:15 pm

Speaking of dreams, have any of you guys seen Paprika? Satoshi Kon's new movie (Paranoia Agent, Perfect Blue). It's about collective dreams, very cool movie.

Giant Naked Chiba, anyone? (VA = Megumi Hayashibara)

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:29 pm

I had a dream last night where people were trying to kill me, and i was far away from home. I don't remember much else.

MAL Profile

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”