Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:34 am

^
Oh please not again this "Mako will die" frenzy! :irked:

Anyway, now that I think about it,
SPOILER: Show
with Senktsu destroyed, does that mean that she'll be back to her uniform and jacket attire from the first episode? I hope so, I always preferred that style for her, especially the jacket which was very cool!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

jimmiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby jimmiel » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:58 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
The dark-haired girl is the one who chopped the other to pieces, and her sister.

Eh, they're similar enough.
Qui veut faire l'ange fait la bête.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:52 pm

And it all fits into Satsuki's master plan, too. Blood purge? Asking to be seen. :stir:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Well I can't say I'm surprised.

Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:51 pm

To be fair, as long as your not Jewish or a gypsy Hitler's less likely to stab you in your sleep.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:18 pm

http://isitthursday.org/

NO!? Well fuck, how about some speculah

prepare to get your mind blown

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:10 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:

What the hell? This is too crazy a theory, I think the original sin stuff was more of a metaphor rather than a literal thing.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:55 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Now it's me, or is the scene in REVOCS an huge reference to Evangelion?

You missed the biggest homage of all though: REVOCS, a sinister multinational god-building think tank answerable to apparently no one, is actually a mere front for COVERS...an even more sinister multinational god-building think tank answerable to apparently no one.

Finally got around to ep13 and wow, this was great. KLK's first cour definitely mostly felt like Inferno Cop or PSG in that you could throw it on in the background and kind of pay attention and enjoy it, it was a good cartoon and worth watching but pretty insubstantial, looped back around on itself pretty deliberately: one can tell the first cour was scripted on the idea "so there's this hardass delinquent girl and this hardass fascionista girl and they want to fuck fight, time for shenanigans". And "shenanigans" is mostly how it turned out, you don't get the kind of tight, deliberate character-based plotting one saw in say Gurren Lagann. It's not as if it's bad thing, plenty of stuff was accomplished and the world well and truly built, the Big Four are all a bit bland except Gamagoori but who cares, they're the miniboss squad. Jesus did not weep over the lack of depth of Thymilph the Furious. Indeed that's the point, miniboss characters are appendages of the boss not persons in their own right and this goes double for KLK where the boss is the center of an authoritarian cult of personality which encourages dehumanization of those who participate in it. They're fun to look at and entertaining to various degrees. And they have shenanigans. Job well done, Trigger.

ep13 was just good TV though. Senketsu's relationship with Ryuuko is taken from the stuff of comedy that it was in the first cour into the realm of the angsty and then the tragic without missing a beat. More to the point without feeling terribly maudlin. Imaishi has a remarkable ability to remain detached from material that could easily be really really sappy. This episode has probably more empty space in it than every other episode until this point combined - Ryuuko can sit depressively in bed and do nothing like a champ - but it never drags. Shit's moving behind the scenes. If this sounds familiar it's probably because Eva pulls the same trick, creating tension and unease by allowing its protagonist to increasingly retreat from the world and stagnate while the world continues apace, getting more and more lethal and psychologically vicious behind his back. Of course one can't imagine Ryuuko remaining zonked out for the next eleven episodes, but one is good enough, really. She'll be back: one only wonders if Senketsu's inevitable resurgent form will be more revealing or less.

Absolutely love the Aikurou=Adam Ragyou=Eve theory though I think it must be at least slightly off the mark. Aikurou surely couldn't have created Junketsu, he's no kind of super-scientist. But I don't think that the original sin thing is just metaphor either: nudity and sexuality have been so strongly linked to power in this series. Gamagoori flogs himself with his dickwhips to let his uniform turn him into a literal phallus, for god's sake. To activate a kamui means to bring yourself closer to nakedness; to use its power means to accept that near-nakedness without shame. NYUUDISTO BEECHI suggest that nakedness IS power, straight up. At some point it should probably have to be explained why this is so, what's so good about being naked? The Eden narrative provides a useful explanation for this: nudity is the ideal, created state and clothing a rejection of it that paradoxically produces the sin and shame it is claimed to prevent. The idea is the same as spiral power kind of: power manifests as this kind of raw, generative animal vitality best expressed by nudity or, failing that, teenage girls in frilly talking sling bikinis.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:04 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:You missed the biggest homage of all though: REVOCS, a sinister multinational god-building think tank answerable to apparently no one, is actually a mere front for COVERS...an even more sinister multinational god-building think tank answerable to apparently no one.

:cringe:
Holy shit! How did I missed that! REVOCS is NERV and COVERS is SEELE! :lol:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:27 pm

Not only that but they are both wordplays for Reebok and Converse which goes hand in hand with the theme about fashion and Cover is Revocs spoken backwards and is what it says, a cover organization for the dirty deeds of Revocs.

Another thing I think people missed is that Satsuki might be in cahoots with sensei. In the last episode we see the teacher with his phone and the data vanish. Seconds later Satsuki appears to rescue Ryuuko and cover her with a blanket.

Az, don't forget, sensei worked with Isshin and is well informed about the Kamui.

Also I'm fully expecting a giant turning humans into life fiber instrumentality project coming at us.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:45 pm

@ Fireball : I noticed about the COVERS being REVOCS backward(minus the "S"), but I didn't noticed the wordplays for Reebok and Converse.

About the Life Fibers, I expect since the opening in the first episode with the image you posted as well as the name that they are made from human souls and/or flesh.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:38 pm

Way Status:

[ ] Not Found

[X] Found!

GET HYPE FOR NEXT WEEK BABY
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:44 pm

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY  SPOILER: Show
Panic over, awesomeness restored.

I have a horrible feeling Satsuki is going to die though. This just seems too perfect, and we still have 8 episodes left...
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Loved the episode, the different setting and different schools were quite refreshing, the Honnouji landscape was getting old already.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:15 pm

The most adorable badass slav I have ever seen.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:57 pm

I need a gif of Mako's punching scene.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

YOU ARE ALREADY PAID

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Ask and you shall receive

ATATATATATATTATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:08 am

I freakin' loved this episode, everything about it :

- the change of setting and discovering new academies, I thought that it was just Honnouji, but the whole country is fucking insane!(OSAKA FTW!) Hell Honnouji looks saner than the others academies!

- the complete surrealism and WTF of the academy fights, the Elite Four chewing the scenery more than ever(the scene with Inumuta and Nonon was hysterical!)

- Mako being Mako.

- Aikuro getting his FABULOUSness up to eleven, now with his FABULOUSmobile!

- Ryuuko's new style, with badass biker glasses and badass Senkentsu scarf going with it(and looks like she took a liking for the bared-midriff look! :lol: ), and the return of the guitar-scissor blade case! Her jacket from episode 1 isn't back though, that's the only thing I regret.

The best is how this episode subverts my expectations : I was thinking we would start an arc where Ryuuko takes back Senkentsu's pieces city by city, with a confrontation against each of the Elite Four before a final showdown against Satsuki with a restored Senkentsu... HELL NO, all the pieces back in one episode, confrontation against Satsuki for the last piece next episode! :headbang:
So according to Newtype, next episode will be the "big climax of the story", Satsuki vs Ryuuko, second round? :drool:
Nui said that she and Ragyo wanted to see Junkentsu going "all out", if part of the Rebuild staff is gonna work on the second half, now that's the best moment for it!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:40 am

Well, that went a lot quicker than I expected. But what the hell will they do after next ep? Maybe that's when things get elevated and the battle shifts to a new arena?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:15 pm

Nudist Beach special technique time!

Since it's coming up in the US, this reminds me of the final line of the I Have a Dream speech: "Free at last! Free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Again realized how much I like the casting of Nobuyuki Hiyama as Sanegayama, as he voiced Ikkaku Madarame in Bleach and both characters are very similar.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Return to “Studio Trigger”