What's the Worst Movie You've Ever Seen?

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:31 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Also that Waterworld movie with Kevin Costner is total crap.
talk about a bad movie. I even hated it as a kid.

Oh yeah. This was a piece of shit. Totally awful. It was basically the water version of Mad Max.

I'm gonna add Dreamcatcher to this list. It was suppose to be scary but all I could do was laugh.
SPOILER: Show
Every time I think of that alien posing a person with a mental disability it just kills me. I can't stop laughing.
[/spoiler]
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby delispin25 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:49 pm

View Original Postmoonwolf2024 wrote:I'm gonna add Dreamcatcher to this list. It was suppose to be scary but all I could do was laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwEqA_x5qF8
Terrifying.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:10 pm

The scariest thing about Dreamcatcher is that Stephen King's editor let him publish a book about psychic ass worms.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:22 am

The shit weasels you mean?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:35 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The scariest thing about Dreamcatcher is that Stephen King's editor let him publish a book about psychic ass worms.

Oh Stephen King, why is he so popular ?

Another one for my list: Movie 43, I really don't know why I was watching it, or what I excepted, but this was just wrong.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:40 am

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:Oh Stephen King, why is he so popular ?

You must not have seen Misery or The Stand. Those were awesome.

Speaking of 2012...I loved that movie and I love John Cusack. My only regret is that I didn't see it in the theaters
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:25 am

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:Oh Stephen King, why is he so popular?

Come on man, are you serious? You must've read It or The Stand at least (going by what I've seen you say in other threads). Granted, a few of his titles have a schlock-horror or pulp quality to them but the man is a fucking fantastic writer. He's allowed to indulge in the bizarre from time to time.

Actually, in my experience, it's usually the people who've never read one of his books that express that kind of sentiment - Even I was like that until my partner recommended The Stand to me many years ago.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:47 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Come on man, are you serious? You must've read It or The Stand at least.

I saw and read them and they were really, really good, but I don't get why he's kind of the god of authors. I read Misery, It, The Stand, The Shining, the green mile, of course the dark tower series and many others, just to name the ones I consider the best, but I can't see why he is so unbelievable liked. I may have chose the wrong words, what I wanted to say is, that he is unproportional famous IMO.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:34 am

Miami Connection. Like I've said before, there's no way to describe it other than Scott Pilgrim vs. the Room.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:45 am

View Original Postmoonwolf2024 wrote:I'm gonna add Dreamcatcher to this list. It was suppose to be scary but all I could do was laugh.

YES. That movie was just start to finish awful, and not even in that bad-good way either.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:42 pm

View Original PostAtropos wrote:Miami Connection. Like I've said before, there's no way to describe it other than Scott Pilgrim vs. the Room.

While your suggestion is valid, judging from the one minute I watched of that eight minute clip, Miami Connection looks like it'd be a fun movie to watch with friends when there's nothing else to do. :tongue: ^_^
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:05 pm

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:Oh Stephen King, why is he so popular ?

When he was on drugs he was one of the most significant American writers of the twentieth century. Now, not so much.

King captures so much Americana it's hard to put it all into words. His 70's and 80's work is the essence of the American zeitgeist of the era, and he weaves it into universal themes of loss and growing up and mortality. All of his major works are about saying goodbye to childhood and adolescence and seeing them fondly while remembering just how bad some things were during the golden age of the 50's-60's.

It's complex, because he shows how we threw out some of the good with the bad and there's no getting it back.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:01 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:While your suggestion is valid, judging from the one minute I watched of that eight minute clip, Miami Connection looks like it'd be a fun movie to watch with friends when there's nothing else to do. :tongue: ^_^

Well, yeah. If I were to say the worst movie I've ever seen that wasn't enjoyable to watch, I'd probably say Joe vs. the Volcano or something.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Meet the Spartans, probably.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:42 am

View Original PostAtropos wrote:Miami Connection. Like I've said before, there's no way to describe it other than Scott Pilgrim vs. the Room.

Miami Connection is a hoot; it's like Miami Vice if the writers had been on LSD. Also, if you live here in Central Florida there's the fun of spotting familiar people and places. (There's an appearance by a guy who used to impersonate Andy Rooney in commercials for a local car dealer.)
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:25 pm

The Emperor. While far from being the worst movie I've seen, it was certainly one of the worst disappointments for a World War II buff like me. Ostensibly, it's a movie about General MacArthur's acceptance of Emperor Hirohito's surrender. MacArthur is played by Tommy Lee Jones, so expectations were pretty high.

Unfortunately it quickly devolves into cookie-cutter love story of all things. Tommy Lee Jones barely even gets enough screen-time to deserve being placed on the movie's box art.
Set phasers to thrill.

Sleigh Lain Fish
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sleigh Lain Fish » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:16 pm

I just saw Meet the Millers (on a glowing recommendation ha), and that may be a contender..
"In the land of a thousand fathers, she was born on the Fourth of July. But that don't mean she was made in America.. She was gone in the blink of an eye. She belongs, but she acts like a stranger. She can laugh, but she ain't free. I am my only devil, because they'll believe what they want to believe." - Josh Scogin.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:04 am

I Am Number Four is definitely a contender. Goddamnit that film was terrible.

It's the story of some guy who's actually an alien hiding on Earth from some evil aliens that want his entire species dead. The best way I could describe it is Twilight but with aliens instead of sparkly vampires and more of a focus on the guy. Predictably, the "good" aliens were just normal white people with special glowy powers, whilst the "bad" aliens actually looked, well, alien. Why can't we have a movie about a perky 4-armed 6-breasted red-skinned 3-eyed Amazonian alien chick with vagina denata and an instatiable appetite for pork rinds as a protagonist, fleeing from a group of Aryan supremacists (human or otherwise)?

The acting was shit, the effects were dull, the story was boring, the characters were extremely generic, the ending is a sappy mess, and despite being produced by Michael Bay there is a crippling lack of explosions and hot women.

Also, the DVD (which was given to me by my school) still had the security tage attached. Either it was acquired through dubious means or the gods of cinema were trying to tell me not to watch it. Probably both.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: What's the Worst Movie You've Ever Seen?

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:16 pm

Attack of the 50ft Woman (1958)

Of larger budget films that could have actually been something: Batman & Robin (1997), that said I haven't seen the 2015 Fantastic Four or Halle Berry's Catwoman so that may change.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: What's the Worst Movie You've Ever Seen?

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:48 pm

For me personally....it is "UltraViolet"....I love me some Milla Jovovich but holy sphincter noodles its bad...just bad

from kids coming out of suitcases, to a society so far in the future there is no written english and yet the police

are driving around in 93 Ford Crown Victorias, to moody leather pants that changes color quicker than 70's Jewelry

and and...vampires and I dunno I've tried to delete any and all brain cells pertaining to this steaming pile of baby ruth

floaters with the strongest synapse erasers I could find (mostly beer). If I'm remembering this olfactory odor incorrectly

than I apologize heartily...Your Mileage May Vary. :emogendo:
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

Return to “Film and Video”