FML General Thread [5]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:40 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:an old done man like me.
What are you talking about, son?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:27 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:What are you talking about, son?

It's his last year. Time to take the Carrousel goodbye. You're a mythical beast, ojisan.

(I'm on the run. Don't tell anybody.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:39 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote::irked: Again with this whole "Oh my gosh I'm 30 I'm an old fogey now" meme?

30's the new 70 m8. Step up.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:04 am

Nah. I'm not falling for that!

View Original PostChuckman wrote:it's hard not to look at my life and say "this is it?" Hopefully it'll end when I'm 31.

Give it a few more years, and you'll come to terms with it I'm sure.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:07 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:
(I'm on the run. Don't tell anybody.)

Is this part of some sort of joke I'm not getting?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:20 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Is this part of some sort of joke I'm not getting?

Yep.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Been plagued by enough game freezes with modded Skyrim that I'm obliged to go for a complete reinstallation.

Also: FUCK YAMAKAN.
SPOILER: Show
Last edited by soul.assassin on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:35 pm

My age has got me onto various mailing lists: at the age of 50 I was sent details of the local council's "home visiting service for the elderly", and I also started getting Saga catalogues (Saga is a UK company that does tours and insurance services for the over-50s, generally not particularly good value as far as I can see).

However, today's post brought me a new low in the life I'm being expected to lead; a catalogue of, for example: mobility scooters, incontinence underwear, devices for putting on socks, machines for popping pills out of their holders, waterproof ponchos for wearing in a wheelchair, commodes, and "adult clothing protectors" (bibs to you and me).

What kind of life do they think I'll have when I actually stop working and retire, I wonder? Bah!

P.S. I just noticed a tag line on the front of this catalogue: "Promoting Incontinence". Seriously, promoting it??
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:18 pm

All this about talk 30 and aging and shit reminds me that pwhodges has the most seniority here on the boards. Including Mr. Tines over, like what, a decade?

Just an observation.

:nyao:

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:52 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Also: FUCK YAMAKAN.
SPOILER: Show

You were right when you said they had Lego faces...they all have the same face but with different hairdos and clothing.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Princess Asuka » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:33 pm

I can't get Platinum or my Sailor Moon books yet, because money is tight due to unexpected bills. :irked: And we got outbid on the one set of the books by $1.00. :irked: I swear we have bad ebay luck, we always lose, better stick to buy it now. So, I have to wait until dad gets paid again in two weeks until I can get my stuff. In the meantime it's price checking again. :shifty: He never lets me shop online by myself. :irked:

Also, my brothers have gotten me and my whole family sick. :irked:

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:38 pm

Goddammit, Digikey. You're the reason I'm broke. This is the problem you and I have. You have all this wonderful stuff, and I want it, then you demand money. You're an expensive prostitute. Wunna these days Digikey, wunna these days...

Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Princess Asuka » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:48 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Goddammit, Digikey. You're the reason I'm broke. This is the problem you and I have. You have all this wonderful stuff, and I want it, then you demand money. You're an expensive prostitute. Wunna these days Digikey, wunna these days...

It's the same with me and shopping, there are certain Sailor Moon plushies, I want the old 2 Banpresto Christmas sets, the Banpresto Wedding set, the Banpresto Usagi, the Sonokong wedding set, plus all of the GE Animation plushies except Tuxedo Mask. Oh well, I'll eventually get them someday. ^_^ And for now I have my Banpresto Princess Serenity plushie and she was hard to find.

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Apperently I need glasses, so they used some eyedrops on me. I can't see shit, can barely type this post and the worst: I can't read books, watch movies, play games or do something else joyful. :irked:

At least I can tell everyone how a cop thought I was high and shouted publicly at me in the bus, while I didn't even noticed that he was and cop and that he was screaming at me. :uhh:
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:13 pm

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:Apperently I need glasses, so they used some eyedrops on me. I can't see shit, can barely type this post and the worst: I can't read books, watch movies, play games or do something else joyful. :irked:

I listen to lots of podcasts on a regular basis anyway so what I would do is listen to stuff, or an audiobook for example, or watch the news and just listen to the voices because the images just about never matter anyway.

At least I can tell everyone how a cop thought I was high and shouted publicly at me in the bus, while I didn't even noticed that he was and cop and that he was screaming at me. :uhh:

:irked: What an ass. Did you ever get to tell him it was optometry-related eye drops? If you did, did he simply not believe you?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:17 pm

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:I didn't even notice ... that he was screaming at me.
Must really have been some potent eyedrops!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:18 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:u ever get to tell him it was optometry-related eye drops? If you did, did he simply not believe you?

I guess he was just doing his job. ^_^ I told him about it, he took me out of the bus, "flashlighted" my eyes and then looked at the certification I gave him minutes ago. After he admitted that I wasn't "guilty", he drove me back home, since I missed my bus.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:I guess he was just doing his job. ^_^

Harassing people on suspicion of altering their state of consciousness in a victimless, non-disruptive way? :huh: (Pardon my sudden politics.)

I told him about it, he took me out of the bus, "flashlighted" my eyes and then looked at the certification I gave him minutes ago. After he admitted that I wasn't "guilty", he drove me back home, since I missed my bus.

Certification for having your eyes dilated at the optometrist's? :huh:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:54 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Certification for having your eyes dilated at the optometrist's? :huh:

I guess I've used the wrong word or something. In Germany you usually get an medical certificate after you visited a doctor (Most of the time it's for your work/school) and especially when you want your health insurance to pay something. (In my case it was a certificate and a remedy for my "test glasses"). It's kind of a thing here, I don't know how America or other countries handle it, though.

P.S. I can ensure you that the european (or at least German) police is (as far as I can tell) way less violent than e.g. the american. I guess I shouldn't have ignored that (apperently after an rather high amount of time without any response) screaming, blurred, blue thing. (I'm not used to get talked accosted by cops | I guess some of my social anxiets also acted a part in this situation of "not noticing getting accosted and later screamed at by a cop")
__

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:39 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I listen to lots of podcasts on a regular basis anyway so what I would do is listen to stuff, or an audiobook for example, or watch the news and just listen to the voices because the images just about never matter anyway.

Unless you watch Fox News. The news ladies are so pretty. I want to give Jenna Lee a flower. Her hair is perfect.

I listened to audiobooks once because I had a flight but my kindle was broken and there was no time for the replacement to be shipped out. I'd listen to them more if they weren't so damned expensive and but for the fact that I read like 700% faster than a narrator.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”