Currently playing 4: Guns of the Patriots

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:51 am

Killed The Warrior in Borderlands 2 solo after my co-op buddy dropped out. Fuck yeah. Unfortunately still not strong enough to kill Terramorphous the Invincible.

I've also started by the first Borderlands. It's a very different experience, or at least it seems like that in the way the early missions are structured.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:12 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:kill Terramorphous the Invincible.

You'll need a 4 member party, it's nigh impossible to kill him with less, and even more on solo.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:27 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:You'll need a 4 member party, it's nigh impossible to kill him with less, and even more on solo.

I know, apparently he's built for 4 level 50+ characters. I did try to fight him once in a 4-member group with one of my other characters, but it seems none of use had a high enough level to defeat him.

Also, not sure if this belongs here (although I couldn't find a gaming news thread), but I caught wind that Creative Assembly is trying to create a new Alien franchise game that tries to recreate the feel of the original movie. Looks promising, but then so did Colonial Marines.

And I'm nothing like you

Dr. Talos
Adam

Postby Dr. Talos » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:04 am

With the total disappointment that was Rome Total War 2 I've once again gone back to Medieval 2 to relive when the series could deliver excellent melee combat. This time however I'm playing the Third Age Total War mod which is excellent. There's nothing quite like desperately defending Osgiliath from 3 stacks of orcs and trolls or bringing an industrial revolution to Middle Earth as Isengard. The battles are just as good as vanilla Medieval but with the added spice of trolls, mumakil, noldor archers and more orcs than you could shake a stick at. The campaign is delightfully complex and the map is just gorgeous. The sting of Rome 2's failure isn't nearly as sharp in light of the excellent work by Total war modders.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:37 am

^
I've heard that playing the forces of Good in this world was extremely difficult since the automatic battle resolution was based on the number of troops, which let the Moria and Mordor factions steamrolling all your allies and leaving you alone against everyone.
Was that problem fixed by now?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:03 am

Moved the recent Dark Souls posts (most of the writing being my own) to a topic of their own, where they truly belong.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Dr. Talos
Adam

Postby Dr. Talos » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:01 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:^
I've heard that playing the forces of Good in this world was extremely difficult since the automatic battle resolution was based on the number of troops, which let the Moria and Mordor factions steamrolling all your allies and leaving you alone against everyone.
Was that problem fixed by now?

I think they've done a fair bit of balancing in regard to the the Good factions lasting about as long as a house of cards in a hurricane. I'm using the MOS submod collection which does a large amount of balancing by using extensive scripting and expands the gameplay significantly so I'm not quite up on the vanilla state of the mod. So far I've noticed that Gondor has a rough time against Mordor but doesn't get rolled without a fight and Rohan beats Isengard maybe slightly less often than it loses to them.

There's quite a few submods that focus on balancing in ways such a removing the garrison script and cutting out Mordor's spawned armies. With them it's possible to tailor the game to ones preferences quite extensively.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:53 am

I think I've spent more time watching video games being played than actually playing games recently, what with AGDQ going on....

For anyone who doesn't know, "Awesome Games Done Quick", or AGDQ, is a yearly speedrunning event/marathon organized by SpeedDemosArchive (SDA) and SpeedRunsLive (SRL). This week-long event has the goal of raising $500,000 for the Prevent Cancer Foundation, and they're only about $40,000 away as of now. Here's their twitch.tv stream (Half-Life 2 is being played as I write this), stream schedule and donation page/tracker.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:02 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:I think I've spent more time watching video games being played than actually playing games recently, what with AGDQ going on....

For anyone who doesn't know, "Awesome Games Done Quick", or AGDQ, is a yearly speedrunning event/marathon organized by SpeedDemosArchive (SDA) and SpeedRunsLive (SRL). This week-long event has the goal of raising $500,000 for the Prevent Cancer Foundation, and they're only about $40,000 away as of now. Here's their twitch.tv stream (Half-Life 2 is being played as I write this), stream schedule and donation page/tracker.

I pop in every once and a while. Watched the one guy blow through the second half of Halo 2 on Legendary in less than an hour. Oh the memories.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:08 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:I pop in every once and a while. Watched the one guy blow through the second half of Halo 2 on Legendary in less than an hour. Oh the memories.

Kinda miffed I couldn't stay awake for Portal last night. :irked:

My favorite moment so far was when they got Grant Kirkhope in a Skype call during stivitybobo's run of Banjo-Kazooie. He's the guy who composed the music for the game (aka the soundtrack to my childhood) along with many others.

Also, congrats to them for reaching their $500k goal! :clap:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:07 pm

Well I've finally ordered Final Fantasy XIV at Amazon.

:facepalm:

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:18 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Well I've finally ordered Final Fantasy XIV at Amazon.

:facepalm:

Yessss, one of us, one of us! (No really though, join us on Cerberus. We've got a mostly Evageeks Free Company going on there)

I've mostly been playing XIV these days, working on leveling alt-classes.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:44 pm

I'd be playing on EU though

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:14 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I'd be playing on EU though

That's fine - Cerberus is on the Chaos servergroup, which is EU.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:32 am

Sure, gonna make my character there.
I wanna roll a plainsfolk lalafell but I will probably be stuck on the character creation screen for quite a while, debating with myself what my first class will be.
Probably gonna make a marauder.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:38 am

This is what happens when Faz gets drunk, accidentally selects easy mode, then has way too much time on his hands.

Still, fucking amazing game.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:51 pm

While my playthrough of Longest Journey is awkwardly stuck (stopped playing due to schoolwork before Christmas and then was away from my PC for weeks) I managed to play and finish Ico - which was awesome. Ignoring the sometimes iffy combination of camera and controls, it's a wonderfully enchanting and charming game. I also started Shadow of the Colossus today and I'm really liking it so far.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:26 pm

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:This is what happens when Faz gets drunk, accidentally selects easy mode, then has way too much time on his hands.

fudgedamn Faz that's a lot of stuff
even my longest playthrough has only been about 106 minutes or so
what did you do, loop through levels another three or four times before final?

also how high did you jump with 8 rusted jetpacks lol
also 14 syringes must have been fast or what
Voluntary Illusion.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:28 am

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:This is what happens when Faz gets drunk, accidentally selects easy mode, then has way too much time on his hands.

Wow, that's an extremely long play time. Which character were you using?

And all those items. My god.

And I'm nothing like you

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:37 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Which character were you using?

it's Huntress
Voluntary Illusion.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”