Currently playing 4: Guns of the Patriots

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:20 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:As I mentioned in the RML thread, I've been playing SCP-087-B and SCP Containment Breach. :jiggy: Even just playing these was my "unconquerable mountain" starting back in February when just watching videos of these games put me down a path where I scared myself so bad I was a wreck for what must have been weeks. And now I'm not just playing them, I'm playing them and trying to beat them!

Just pray that you don't
SPOILER: Show
get caught by SCP-106
, or you'll be in for a visit of the most terrifying area of the whole game!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:01 pm

^Oh, you can still escape. It just gets so much harder to do so with each update they make.

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:SHINOYAMI PLAY TONS OF VIDYA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
NO REGRETS

Sir, yessir. :salute:
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:09 pm

^
Oh yes I know that, but that still doesn't change the fact it's the scariest part of the game(fucking Pillars Room!)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Been playing a lot of New Super Luigi U lately.

So much fun.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:32 pm

- Batman Arkham Origins - quite nice
- Deponia - Really good, makes me nostalgic towards the (g)oldies from Lucas Arts
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:25 am

So ... many ... games!

I've been playing like a madman (or rather, like someone who knows Christmas break ends eventually). The Steam sales lately have given me so many games for so cheap I'm running out of room on my desktop for all the shortcuts, and that's not even counting all the free indie horror I've been playing lately too (speaking of which, now that I've become so much braver, so many of them are SO DISAPPOINT).

I've even re-bought games that I own on other platforms -- specifically I'm thinking of Resident Evil 6, which, in its PC incarnation, exceeds my wildest dreams, solving every last problem I had (and there were very few) with the PS3 version. First, I was pleased to find that backing up my save data (so that I always have a save with a fresh Mercenaries Mode with no scores set) was as easy as copying a single file. Then, I found a save editor that allowed me to unlock all the stages and characters (and even their alternate costumes, which you otherwise have to "earn" via online events!) for the Mercenaries Mode, saving me the trouble of even bothering with the long hard slog of re-completing the entire campaign that I'd been dreading, and it will let me reset the stage scores to 0 whenever I want, obviating the need to keep separate save data in the first place. And then, I even found a mod allowing me to replace all the X360 button icons with PS3 button icons, eliminating the final unwanted difference between this and the PS3 version (not that button icons are even close to a big deal in the first place).

So now I have a version of this game that I'll never lose, can be edited and modified as I desire, allows all forms of input, and will only get better with time (that is, on future PCs).

Also Dark Souls. This game is incredible. Why did I ever doubt it? I never did as well with Demon's Souls. Maybe I'm just more used to the idea of a PC game I can't pause.

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Just pray that you don't

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, and then died.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:34 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Also Dark Souls. This game is incredible. Why did I ever doubt it?

See? I didn't hype it for nothing. :ting:

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Yeah I know

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:54 am

I've been playing heaps of RISK OF RAIN, can't get enough of it, I think it's amazing.
It's hard as balls but that just keeps you coming back, and the soundtrack is amazing.

If you get the chance I suggest you buy it.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:20 am

Started Vanquish. Easily one of the best third-person shooters I've ever played. But then it is to be expected of Shinji Mikami and Platinum Games.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:08 am

Making progress on Sierra's QfG series! Hopefully I'll finish up the second one tomorrow as well as start the third one. Still love 4: Shadows of Darkness (was the only one I fully played as a kid). I'm interested in seeing how 5 compares to the original four games.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:59 am

IO popped in with a Steam chat while I was playing and said "Man, Dark Souls has you hooked HARD".

Yep. :zer_sweatdrop: But if the walkthrough I glance at every now and then just to make sure I'm not completely off track is correct, I'm nearing the end now that I've defeated Sif.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:36 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Started Vanquish. Easily one of the best third-person shooters I've ever played. But then it is to be expected of Shinji Mikami and Platinum Games.

Yup.
Also, there are few flaws in the game: IMO bad Characters and story.

Though, I can forgive those aspects as long as the gameplay is superb. (Spoilers: Like you noticed, it's really great. :tongue: )

But if the walkthrough I glance at every now and then just to make sure I'm not completely off track is correct, I'm nearing the end now that I've defeated Sif.

Have you defeated lord soul owners? (Bed of chaos, Gravelord Nito, Seath the scaleless, Four kings)
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:41 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Started Vanquish. Easily one of the best third-person shooters I've ever played. But then it is to be expected of Shinji Mikami and Platinum Games.

Platinum Games are awesome. I wish it was easier for me to buy PS3 games so I can play more of their stuff.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:35 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Have you defeated lord soul owners? (Bed of chaos, Gravelord Nito, Seath the scaleless, Four kings)

...I have not met any of those. :facepalm: But I would have changed what I said regardless, because I discovered so many entirely new, vast-looking areas just this session.

I'm 50 hours into the game (exactly as of tonight), how can there still be so much left?!
System Administrator

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:50 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I'm 50 hours into the game (exactly as of tonight), how can there still be so much left?!

About 20-30 hours left. :P

Also, I guess you haven't beaten "Artorias of abyss" DLC yet. (Bosses: Sanctuary guardian, Knight Artorias, Kalameet, Manus - Father of the abyss)

EDIT: After you've completed Dark souls, don't forget to watch Epicnamebro's and Vaatividya's lore videos, they are pretty damn interesting.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:49 am

I been playing Bully Scholarship Edition for the 360.
I never played this back in the ps2 days man. I wish I did
what a great game. I love Rockstar they really do make the best video games.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:34 pm

I had the pleasure of playing Bully on the Wii, one of the rare occasions in which I actually enjoyed the whole motion-sensing schtick. It was a very well put-together game with one of the most entertaining hand-to-hand combat mechanics I've seen. I just wish Rockstar would have made GTA5's melee combat a little more Bully-ish.
Set phasers to thrill.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:51 pm

While the game is dated I will agree with you that the melee combat is good and having
them in GTA would make it better(?) That's not to say the combat is broken or anything.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:37 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:I been playing Bully Scholarship Edition for the 360.
I never played this back in the ps2 days man. I wish I did
what a great game. I love Rockstar they really do make the best video games.

idk about best, but Bully on the PS2 was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever; anytime you got into a conflict with the nerds, the "Revenge of the Nerds" theme would start playing- good times :)

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”