God of War 2

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

God of War 2

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:33 pm

So yeah, this game is pretty much the epitome of gaming. I recommend you pick it up. Right now.

Are you still reading this?

Discuss God of War 2 here.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:10 pm

playstation sucks.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:26 pm

*YAWN* Yet just another hack n' slash. Wake me when an interesting game that involves the brain more than dactyl dexterity comes out.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: God of War 2

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:30 pm

Mundane wrote:So yeah, this game is pretty much the epitome of gaming. I recommend you pick it up.

I know the following phrase has become somehwhat cliche around these parts, but here goes...

DO NOT WANT
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:26 pm

TriLink12 wrote:DO NOT WANT

Can we put a forum-wide ban on this quote?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:39 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:
TriLink12 wrote:DO NOT WANT

Can we put a forum-wide ban on this quote?

Hey, everyone else is using it. I'm just trying to fit in. You know, peer pressure and all that.

And I DID say how cliched it's become.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

CyborgZeta
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby CyborgZeta » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:35 pm

Am I the only one who thought the first God of War had mediocre gameplay? In any case, played the sequel at a friend's house, wasn't much different.

Pass.
"Without courage all virtues lose their meaning." - Winston Churchill

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:37 pm

I like God of War, but it's hardly the epitome of gameplay. Try Metal Gear Solid.

...<_<
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:51 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:I like God of War, but it's hardly the epitome of gameplay. Try Metal Gear Solid.

...<_<

Or maybe Half Life!*back away motherfucker*

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:57 pm

I'm a DMC guy. DMC fanboys and GOW fanboys live on opposite shores.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:58 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:I'm a DMC guy. DMC fanboys and GOW fanboys live on opposite shores.

Sure ya dont*cynical*

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:16 pm

Ninja Gaiden owns both.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:22 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Ninja Gaiden owns both.

Excuse me, but Ninjas in tight suits dont own nerds with crowbars :P

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:51 pm

I celebrated GOW II's release by buying the first one. I must say I wasn't impressed. It seemed like just an attempt to rehash the already succesful formula of Devil May Cry.

I'm much more anxious for the release of the next Kingdom Hearts. You know, the one that's coming out in 6 or so years. =P
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby fadingreminder » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:42 am

GOW had a very hack and slash element, I won't lie... But the storyline, puzzles, and artistic content are friggin awesome. I do wish they would've tried harder on this game though. It seems like they just rehashed the graphics engine. This isn't always a bad thing, but for the amount of time it took them to release the game... I really expect more in terms of engine and gameplay. They could've at least taken out the annoying-as-hell invisible walls.

Nitpicks and criticisms aside, it's a pretty g game, storywise. It's nice to kill time or to enjoy the story, I'm still kind've disappointed though. I suppose I just expected more in terms of controls, defense... well, just more everything really. I think the defense could've been improved. Otherwise, Castlevania: SotN and Guitar Hero 2 for me, thanks.

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:31 pm

Whoever said it's a hack'n slash, is right. However, you also said it took no brains, which is a lie. I'd stake my life those who say it sucks and is just hack'n slash straight up haven't attempted the puzzles. Rehashed DMC formula? I own all DMC's (yes even two, sadly), and if you think DMC was the originator of that style of combat, you're wrong. DMC may have familiarized the world with it, but did not create it.

The first half of the game's puzzles are understandably easy, but the last half's, FAR from it.

Anyway, I may have gone a bit far saying it was the epitome of gaming. It IS a good game however.

Fanboyism to ANY console sucks.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:53 pm

well, fanboyism for sony ain't possible for me anymore with DMC4 coming out on XBox 360 as well as the ps3. Capcom just helped Sony dig its own grave a little deeper.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:20 pm

What grave? Because people can't fork up $600 bucks it's in a grave? I have an HDTV and a reasonably well paying job, and it's not like I was going to spend that $600 on anything anymore meaningful anyway. What money I don't spend on food I siphon into college, and anything after that is free game.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:28 am

'God of War'... The game that 'Devil May Cry' wanted to be.
Goes to show that "Western Cool" is clearly superior to "Japanese Cool". The former means blood, gore, tits, muscles and epic. The latter is posing, saying "hmpf" a lot in a mocking manner, and noone is bothered by their fringe obscuring 100% of the view.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:30 am

Kaysow wrote:'God of War'... The game that 'Devil May Cry' wanted to be.
Goes to show that "Western Cool" is clearly superior to "Japanese Cool". The former means blood, gore, tits, muscles and epic. The latter is posing, saying "hmpf" a lot in a mocking manner, and noone is bothered by their fringe obscuring 100% of the view.

QFT... but you forget to mention the "talking for around twenty minutes and then battling for about five seconds."
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”