2014-2015 Studio Khara Calendar

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
boa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby boa » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:37 am

I wish I didn't see this. And in the end, I'm broke.
Well played, Khara.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 am

EDIT : Nevermind, i's from Takeshi Honda's calendar and was already talked about in the image scan thread.

There seems to be another calendar upcoming, although I don't know from who it's from :
http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2639.html

There is also some good samples, I'm especially fan of Mari in her entry plug with tea and junk food flying everywhere! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:46 pm

Khara, shut the fuck up and take my money. Burn it, buy lifesized Rei statues, eat it for breakfast, I don't care. Just give me a calendar.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:23 am

A big tease is up

http://www.evastore.jp/pc/calender-insatsu2.html

There's quite a few illustrations you can try to make out from the tiny pictures but I'd like to point out one in particular

The very top left one with the red background. A long time ago there was a series of Ultraman illustrations which were these sectioned views of the monsters and ultramen showing the various fictional internals. That picture looks like it's supposed to belong in that series. They seems to be still persuing the ultraman shtick. I guess that's something they'll never work out of their system :devil:
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:31 am

^
The bottom-right image, is that the Wunder flying alongside the freaking neo-Nautilus?!
That would be awesome! :w00t:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:03 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:^
The bottom-right image, is that the Wunder flying alongside the freaking neo-Nautilus?!

Holy shit what.

Oh god Khara will never quit topping themselves will they? Oh god i want them so badly now.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:21 pm

I wonder if the price on this will drop after January.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:44 pm

I doubt the price will be heading in the cheaper direction. The 2010 khara calendar is basically impossible to find these days.

Also unsettling to see the amazon.co.jp page changed to "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available." from the normal pre-order page. Maybe they're cutting out the gaijin after all?

This is starting ot seem like a case of "get it now or forever hold your peace"

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Ohhh man that Mari image looks great, I want a scan of that :drool:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:48 am

View Original PostDream wrote:Holy shit what.

Oh god Khara will never quit topping themselves will they? Oh god i want them so badly now.

And if you look closely, there seems to be a third, white airship, very elongated. No idea what it could be.
But that month's image clearly seems to one for the fans of big flying battleships!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:43 am

Seriously looking forward to when scans of these hit the internet. There's one with a cat sitting on what I think was railway lines, looking up at Asuka, Rei and Mari - But all you can see are their feet (focusing more on the cat). It's super cute and I NEED IT AS A WALLPAPER RIGHT MEOW.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:13 am

Full illustration list is up at the eva store

http://www.evastore.jp/pc/article/Z0000601.html

There's a hell of a lot to look at there and it's all very exciting, but look at the last pic.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:29 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:but look at the last pic.

So Kaworu didn't kill the kitty in the NTE continuity, and now it's a grown-up cat. :wink:
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Now that I have some time to actually stare at these a few interesting ones.

As pointed out this is Wunder along with the Neo-Nautilus, but also Nautilus, Elturium and Exelion. At the very forefront is some really old IJN vessel. It has the chrysanthemum and at least to me it's looking WWI or older. I dare not try to guess what it is.

This is pretty much confirmed to be Nyangouki drawn in the style of old kaiji/toku anatomy drawings.

SPOILER: Show

And finally this is quite interesting.
It's Eva-02'Beta after Operation US landing. It has all the right chest damage and seems to be clinging to the tessarect. The entry plug is floating in the foreground and if those few pixels look right Asuka seems to be standing on top of the tessarect in the top left.

All these images are making me very happy. The longer I look the bigger my grin grows :D

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Okay, don't know about the canonicity of most of the images, but if they are, they give us a lot of informations, I'll comment what looks like the most interesting, from top to bottom and from left to right :

First Image :
- 1st row, 3rd image : the construction on the background is gigantic, and there some very big airships, the Wunder and it's fleet? Is this structure a freaking Lilin settlement?! WILLE's HQ? And the ground is covered in grass, not core material!

- 2nd row, 1st image : EVA-02 getting equipped for operation US : the cyborg arm is the one with the grappling hooks, and the backpack is what fixed it to the jet boosters. The most interesting part is the halos at its feet, they're very similar to the halo suspending EVA-08 in its construction site in the 2.0 preview. So WILLE does have Evangelion creation and regeneration technology?

- 2nd row, 2nd image : no boobs, added to the hair color, so the person taking off his plugsuit is Kaworu and... is he wearing a DSS Chocker?!

- 3rd row, 2nd image : judging by the holes in its armor, it seems to be EVA-02 after crashing back on Earth with the tesseract. If it took that much damage, that explain why its armor was the first to be fitted with the WILLE body when EVA-08 was supposedly recovered before.
EDIT : TM noticed more things that me. SO what, did Asuka swam from her entry plug to her Eva to climb on it and to the tesseract? Isn't that water supposed to be poisonous? Also it looks like it's not EVA-02 which is clinging to the tesseract, but rather that the tesseract landed on EVA-02! :lol:

- 4th row, 2nd image : sadly, no neo-Nautilus surfing the skies with the Wunder, it's a normal battleship moored at a wharf with the Wunder flying above, there a strange white, blue and red structure attached to the ship though... notices that the hills in the background are green, like in the first image.
EDIT : Oh, so the Neo-Nautilus is indeed here? Neat! Thanks again TM :D

Second Image :
- 2nd row, 1st image : Sakura wearing casual clothes(first image from official sources with her in casual attire) seating at the terrace of a bar with another woman I can't identify, in a big city at night. And they are eating a big cake. If the image happens in the big structure/city we saw in the first image I commented, then that means that mankind is faring far better than I imagined. Could also be a non-canon image depicting a perfect AU were everything hadn't go to shit and Sakura had a normal and happy childhood.

- last row, last image : three pair of feet in plugsuit, seeing the orientation of the feet, the central pair(black) is looking at the cat, the two others(red and purple) are facing away. The faint red lines you can see in the feet of the central figure indicates that it's Rei Q(probably wondering what's this strange creature she never saw before) the purple clad feet on the right probably belong to Shinji in his EVA-13 plugsuit, so logically the red clad feet are Asuka's... which doesn't makes sense since her new plugsuit has black/very dark purple legs.
So if it's canon, that image happens during the trio's field trip after the events of Q. Notice again the grass, meaning that they are close to the end of their journey.

Okay, so if all these image I commented are canon and not wild fanwankery from me, that means that mankind's situation is far from what we feared would be when we saw Q, the world seems to have avoided the fate of being turner into core material, and there are a lot of people still alive and resources available. Which is a good thing!

Also, apparently KAworu wore the DSS Choker for some time during the time skip, if it's his Mark.06 plugsuit and not the EVA-13 one, but I don't see the green shoulder strips characteristic of the EVA-13 plugsuit.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:47 pm

I think the image isn't clear enough to make out for sure whether that's the Mark.06 or the Eva-13 plugsuit Kaworu is wearing.

The simplest answer is that he's suiting up to pilot Eva-13 after he took the choker from Shinji

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:14 pm

^
That was my first thought too, but when you look at Kaworu's hands, he's clearly pushing down his plugsuit, not donning it.(he would had his hands in the sleeves if that was the case)

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:16 pm

He seems to just have his hands on his hips and posing seductively.

Maybe he's just enjoying the sight of Shinji out of frame putting on his plugsuit...

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Maybe he's just enjoying the sight of Shinji out of frame putting on his plugsuit...

:shinji_blush:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:50 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Maybe he's just enjoying the sight of Shinji out of frame putting on his plugsuit...

:lol:

More seriously, look at his body language : he's looking down, his body bent backward and his hands resting on the plugsuit's shoulders. Everything points that he's taking it out, not putting it.

An a side not, I looked more closely on the first image(Asuka making a pose with a white/pink light behind her) and noticed two things : first she's wearing her new plugsuit, which is the first "official" image of her wearing the until then fan-theory only combination of her track jacket + cap with her new plugsuit; and second, she's holding the DSS trigger, did she became Shinji's new guard dog? Poor boy, he thought that it was hard with Misato literally holding his life into her hands, what's gonna to be with Asuka! :lol:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”