[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:12 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Eva 03 in RD is also a limited edition, as well as the released mode Eva 01...
In the end it will be a matter of preference, but I wouldn't go for having a collection where 2 or 3 figures are different from the rest... The EvaEvo of Evas 00/03 do not differ from RD's in terms of extras...

Well, the RD Zerogouki comes with a gatling gun for Unit 01 (which was only available with a totally out of scale older Unit 00 Revoltech) and a more in-scale rocket, whilst the EvaEvo comes with a few effect parts and a Zeruel face thing. The EvaEvo Unit 03 also comes with effect parts and a "being slammed to the floor" Unit 01 head thing.

The RDs are better toys by far, but the EvaEvos aren't bad and make good substitutes for the Evas with no RD release.

I only have Unit 00 RD and Unit 08 Alpha Revo, and these were my experiences:

>RD has better articulation with 2 ball-joints at the shoulder and a much more poseable waist. The EvaEvo still has good articulation, but not on par with the RD. On the plus side for the EvaEvo, the ratcheting joints are much tighter than the RD's ball joints (some of which may require tightening with a spot of floor polish/superglue/gloss varnish or whatever).

>EvaEvo tends to have more accessories than the RD, especially effectparts (like the awesome blood spray that comes with Unit 02 Beast Mode). RD usually has better quality on its accessories with better paint apps and sturdier plastic.

For a comparison (bear in mind I don't have either of these figures) EvaEvo Unit 02 comes with the rocket shoulder pylons and arm fins, a magnetic crossbow, progressive knives, and a special stand with moveable attack spikes like the ones Clockiel used, that can hold a transluscent core. RD Unit 02 comes with the same accessories, but ditches the stand+effect parts and includes the bayonetted rifle (was it called a thunder spear?) that Mari used. Also, the arm fins simply slot in and out on the RD, rather than swapping the whole forearm.

>Paint is usually better on the RD than EvaEvo. the EvaEvos seem to use this horrible glossy paint, which despite looking nice, is slightly tacky and has a habit of attracting dirt which has to be scrubbed off, often damaging the paint in the process.

>QC varies. RDs usually have very good paint apps and build quality but slightly loose joints. Revos have very nice joints, but the build quality is variable (although not bad by any stretch) and the paint apps can b anything from great to awful.

>Revos are modular and much better for customizing than RDs.

>RDs don't come with a stand. However, Bandai do make stands meant for their figures which are very good. Revos all come with stands, but they are a bit iffy (although they are modular, which is nice).
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:19 am

Some pics from the Evangelion Kaiyodo Figure World display I mentioned in my post in the weapons exhibit thread:

SPOILER: Show

Sorry for the gratuitous amount of images but there were just too many awesome dioramas. Will try and post more when I get back home maybe.

Another good thing was that there was a merch store attached; picked up Evangelion 13 (even though I told myself I wouldn't) which actually seems to be sold out at nearly every joint I've been to whilst over here.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Has anyone seen the image of awkwened mark 09 fighting code 777 cat beast unit 02?

Just wondering if this was done just for the event or if revoltech will be releasing these next year?

http://blog-imgs-46.fc2.com/n/e/w/neweva/eva_2013_11_zz_13.jpg
Last edited by Bucky 0 Har3 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man can't live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise..

Alpha
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Alpha » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:17 pm

View Original PostBucky 0 Har3 wrote:Has anyone seen the image of awkwened mark 09 fighting code 777 cat beast unit 02?

Just wondering if this was done just for the event or if revoltech will be releasing these next year?

Does such a thing really exist? I've been waiting for an announcement for either of those, or the Awakened Eva-13.
This is what nature planned. This is nature's sacrifice.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:

I just love the sheer absurdity of that scene, be it EVA-02' and 13 cosplayed as ronins, 08 and Mark.09 not giving a fuck and Gendo enjoying the show form his desk(you just need to add a popcorn bucket!) :rofl:

The reconstitution of EVA-13 and Mark.09 descending through the Main Shaft is also very neat, makes you want to put it in a showcase in your home!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:00 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Just paid amiami for the 1/400 Kotobukiya Eva-01 kit. Shipping with SAL so I should have it sometime in the first third of December.

Do you have a RD eva ? if you do please do tell how they scale with one another, i have hopes koto continues to release the other evas and they scale with RD so i can finish my colection , thank you very much BANDITDAI
ANATA BAKA !?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:19 pm

that was a rather epic showing. :D
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Don't have any RD or other finished figures. Only kit. If noone else beats me to it the scale comparison you'll be getting is vs Bandai kit and a ruler. Althouth this kit is to scale. 80m to top of pylons in 1/400 scale = 20cm. some sites list it as 19cm tall but I'm assuming that's head height.

Just for fun:
Dicounted Amiami price = 3,840 yen
SAL Shipping = 1,080 yen
Points used = 93
Grand total = 4,827 yen
Total I was charged after paypal conversion rate for buying directly from Japan = $52.15CAD
SAL is also ignored by customs so I won't be paying any more fees or taxes.

Cheapest local store has
66% markup on the yen price (while treating $1 = 100 yen)
13% tax
Base local price for this 5,400 yen kit = $89.94CAD
After tax = $101.29CAD

And that is why I've stopped buying locally.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Blue Monday, awesome pics are fucking awesome. Love the reenactment of Mark.09 barging through with a Misato threatening to detonate the DSS Choker on Shinji.

:asuka_thumbsup:

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:30 pm

View Original PostBucky 0 Har3 wrote:Has anyone seen the image of awkwened mark 09 fighting code 777 cat beast unit 02?

http://blog-imgs-46.fc2.com/n/e/w/neweva/eva_2013_11_zz_13.jpg

I think they are customs made for the event... But that gives a really good Idea of how they'll look like :tongue:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:01 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:I think they are customs made for the event... But that gives a really good Idea of how they'll look like :tongue:

we can live in hope, I do like the little Adams faceplate on the abdomen of the mark.09 it looks pretty sweet :)

Alpha
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Alpha » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:13 am

I wuld love if it came with feets like those as alternate leg pieces, to be honest. they look migthy sweet. ^_^
This is what nature planned. This is nature's sacrifice.

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Alter is doing its version of Asuka in her Q opening plugsuit. Sure do want this.

SPOILER: Show

http://blog-imgs-46.fc2.com/n/e/w/neweva/eva_2013_11_zz_210.jpg

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:24 pm

I really like the face sculpt, she actually looks tired and that 14 years have taken a toll. On the other hand there has been a worrying amount of time and sculpting that has gone into that ass, emm yeah little concerned :/

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:30 pm

Where's my Q!suit Mari Alterrrrr?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:51 pm

View Original PostBucky 0 Har3 wrote:I really like the face sculpt, she actually looks tired and that 14 years have taken a toll. On the other hand there has been a worrying amount of time and sculpting that has gone into that ass, emm yeah little concerned :/

Agreed : the slightly sunken eye and the little line under them manages to perfectly convey 14 years of fighting and surviving in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, very nicely done...

Which makes the very form fitting area of her ass all the more jarring, especially since this plugsuit version is the less fitting of all the versions that exists, it's the second version that's so fitting that it looks like the lower section is actually body-paint(especially with Mari!)
I hope that it's just because it's a unfinished prototype and that the final product will tone down that ass.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Full blogpost with more pics is here: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2701.html

The butts seem to be the center of attention for most of the Q related figures, even the KawoShin ones.
Honestly I am not in any way displeased at that.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:17 pm

Dat ass.

:asuka_geh:

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Welp, that's going to be my first figure purchase in a while.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:22 pm

I can't wait to see that colored! :boingy:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”