From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Asukaner117
Adam

Postby Asukaner117 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:10 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:...I still want to see Shinji and Asuka 'I Am Legend'-ing it against a wave of malformed freaks slobbering their way from the primordial sea.

Hmm what if it is just one "thing"? Like in that Game "Miasmata" [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FGr_Zyc5-g[/url]. A invincible threat that forces both of them to get thier shit together, to work together and to face their fears?

And you guys are right, turning Shinji into a survivor whould be the "make it or break it" point of the story.
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Holy crap.

Holy crap you have given me the coolest idea for a story.

The two of them, post-Impact, trying to make it in the world, and that one thing there in the background, but we don't know what it is. The don't. Maybe it's not even an active force, maybe it's something along the lines of that sense of being watched, things being moved, the fear of being stalked by something unseen and unknowable. The fear of the unknown pushing down upon them...

Asukaner117, you are a genius!!!

:asuka_thumbsup:
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

CommodoreNemo
Adam

Postby CommodoreNemo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:The great Frank Herbert....blessings be upon him.

I actually think that what you said is a reason sci-fi is such a great medium: it's able to delve into really deep stuff, while at the same time connecting to us on a level we can enjoy and understand. Is that so wrong?

No argument there.

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:...I still want to see Shinji and Asuka 'I Am Legend'-ing it against a wave of malformed freaks slobbering their way from the primordial sea.

Make it more Dead Spake-esquem, than generic zombie film and I am all for it.

That reminds me about all the crossover potential in Dead Space and Evangelion.

All I can say is Gendo in a RIG.
Hate, what do you know about hate!

What would your good do if evil didn't exist, and what would the earth look like if all the shadows disappeared?
After all, shadows are cast by things and people. Here is the shadow of my sword. But shadows also come from trees and living beings. Do you want to strip the earth of all trees and living things just because of your fantasy of enjoying naked light?

Asukaner117
Adam

Postby Asukaner117 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:47 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Holy crap.

Holy crap you have given me the coolest idea for a story.

The two of them, post-Impact, trying to make it in the world, and that one thing there in the background, but we don't know what it is. The don't. Maybe it's not even an active force, maybe it's something along the lines of that sense of being watched, things being moved, the fear of being stalked by something unseen and unknowable. The fear of the unknown pushing down upon them...

Asukaner117, you are a genius!!!

:asuka_thumbsup:

I can already see it before my eyes: Asuka and Shinji in a abandon Building Complex, Shinji more or less catatonic and dragged along by Asuka as they suddenly hear heavy steps in the story above them, causing dust to trickle down the ceiling. Asuka makes some noise, the steps above them come to a sudden halt. Then Asuka realises "That are more then two feet" and suddenly the steps fasten up, sounding like they are coming right in their direction...

Now somebody needs to write that fic :D

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:59 pm

View Original PostAsukaner117 wrote:Hmm what if it is just one "thing"? Like in that Game "Miasmata" [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FGr_Zyc5-g[/url]. A invincible threat that forces both of them to get thier shit together, to work together and to face their fears?

And you guys are right, turning Shinji into a survivor whould be the "make it or break it" point of the story.

Well, if you go here, there is a way to make the story even more interesting :
SPOILER: Show
the ending of Miasmata very strongly imply that the Creature is actually an hallucination produced by the plague-ridden brain of the player character, and that he is the one who killed all the scientists in the island in a fit of insanity, before forgetting everything he had done.

You could turn the story on it's head in the same way : Shinji always encounter a "creature" trying to kill him, and desperately tries to protect Asuka against it, who for some reason always seems to fail to detect it, which make her think that he's gone mad and is imagining everything... until to her horror she realize that he did gone mad because of some illness related to his experience in Instrumentality, and the "creature" is the manifestation of Shinji's illness's and slipping sanity, which is trying to make him murder everyone around him, meaning Asuka!

Cue the last chapter shifting the POV from Asuka, desperately trying to escape a completely crazed Shinji and find a cure for before he finally finds her and kills her... or she will have to kill him first! From time to time switches the POV back from a Shinji completely tripping balls, thinking that Asuka is the creature and that he must kill it before it harms her, or maybe he'll see Asuka as Gendo and will want to take his revenge for everything he has done to him and the rest of the world, or maybe make him revert back to an rage-filled animalistic state where he thinks he's a berserk EVA-01 reviving his fight against the Angels, Asuka taking the form of Sachiel or Zeruel.

EDIT : after seeing Asukaner117's last post just above, I've another idea : make it happen not in a post-3I setting, but in a post-3.33 one! Asuka, Shinji and Rei Q are resting in a ruined building in what was once a little city in the suburb of Tokyo-3, before being attacked by some horrible creature born from the failed Third Impact, a sort of "little" FoI that somehow survived the failure of the Impact and is now tracking the trio.
Asuka is alone, without combat equipment except an utility knife in both Shinji and Rei Q's backpack, with Shinji still in catatonia and Rei Q not really good on initiative, stranded in a city completely turned to core in which nothing is usable anymore and which is the hunting ground of the "thing".

First she'll need to make Shinji snap back from his BSOD, and then find a way to escape from the thing before it finds them or they have to use more of their meager rations, which will diminute their chance of making it alive to a location where the Lilin could pick them up!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Take into account that if Shinji regain his senses he will immedietly come into conclusion that if the thing that is chasing them is some sort of FOI that means it's his fault and creation, cue even more angst, guilt and maybe tendency to let it devour him as a self imposed punishment.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Stillborn, you're bringing me down. You're bringing me down, man.

Asukaner, I am on it. Notes will be drawn. A chapter will be created! I will see what I can do.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:24 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Stillborn, you're bringing me down. You're bringing me down, man.

Oh, don't tell me I can spoil your enjoyment by pointing out how unfunctional and mental asylum level of broken, characters can be after Anno had his happy way with them :tongue:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:34 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Take into account that if Shinji regain his senses he will immedietly come into conclusion that if the thing that is chasing them is some sort of FOI that means it's his fault and creation, cue even more angst, guilt and maybe tendency to let it devour him as a self imposed punishment.

That's even better! That will leave Asuka with the dilemma of letting him go to his perceived punishment, which will leave her and Rei Q enough time to get out of the city and get Shinji's rations as a bonus; or take the risk of getting all killed by trying to convince Shinji that he must continue to live, that an assisted suicide is not the solution, even if death by FoI promises to be particularly long and gruesome.

Maybe that will be an occasion to tell him that he's not the culprit for destroying the core, that an Actual 3I happened after his disappearance, but that he's held accountable by WILLE for N3I which unleashed immense damages to the Geofront, and he was indirectly tied to the Actual Third Impact because that left the path open for the 12th Angel to reach more easily Lilith, or EVA-01 was used in a ritual from SEELE to start HIP ahead of time, that had gone very wrong...
That could be a first step to at least make Shinji not openly and actively suicidal, but more of a not very motivated person who doesn't value his life very high and only continues for Asuka and Rei Q' sake.

For extra-twist :
at first they thought that the FoI was after Shinji because it "smelled" EVA-01 imprint and thinks he's a part of Lilith, and thus want to devour him, or maybe it still has lingering feelings of before 3I and want to take revenge on EVA-01, and Shinji "smells" like it(assuming the FoIs are made from the souls of people killed by the Impact)... only to be revealed that the creature is actually after Asuka, because it senses her angelic contamination and want to absorb/devour her.

Cue Asuka thinking that the only way for the party to get out alive is to sacrifice herself so they would have the time to escape... but are they really worth it? After all Rei Q is just a clone(albeit one who seems to have a personality and emotions), and gaki Shinji is a criminal and a doom magnet, unable to do anything right(but he was always manipulated into doing the wrong thing while thinking it was the right thing, he always had good intentions, besides didn't she already decided if she will let him live or die when she picked him up from his entry plug?), while Asuka herself don't have an Eva anymore, so what use she could be for WILLE now, are her life still worth something?

Then if the author pulls of previous interactions and character development right, can make an heartwarming scene of Shinji refusing to abandon her like he did 14 years ago against Bardiel, even if it means his death(he can even rationalize by saying that if the creature kills him, then neo-NERV won't be able to use him anymore), while Rei Q is definitively decided to reach the answers about her past and origins, and find her own identity, and she's ready to risk her life to find the answers, and Asuka is someone who can help her find the answers.

So both will prove to Asuka that people can see her as something else than an Eva pilot and that having hers destroyed don't mean that she doesn't have worth as a human being anymore.

Cue awesome last chapters where the trio works as a team to escape or get rid of the creature before resuming they journey to WILLE, this time in a more relaxed and optimistic ambient!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Asukaner117
Adam

Postby Asukaner117 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:56 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Well, if you go here, there is a way to make the story even more interesting :
the ending of Miasmata very strongly imply that the Creature is actually an hallucination produced by the plague-ridden brain of the player character, and that he is the one who killed all the scientists in the island in a fit of insanity, before forgetting everything he had done.

You could turn the story on it's head in the same way : Shinji always encounter a "creature" trying to kill him, and desperately tries to protect Asuka against it, who for some reason always seems to fail to detect it, which make her think that he's gone mad and is imagining everything... until to her horror she realize that he did gone mad because of some illness related to his experience in Instrumentality, and the "creature" is the manifestation of Shinji's illness's and slipping sanity, which is trying to make him murder everyone around him, meaning Asuka!

Cue the last chapter shifting the POV from Asuka, desperately trying to escape a completely crazed Shinji and find a cure for before he finally finds her and kills her... or she will have to kill him first! From time to time switches the POV back from a Shinji completely tripping balls, thinking that Asuka is the creature and that he must kill it before it harms her, or maybe he'll see Asuka as Gendo and will want to take his revenge for everything he has done to him and the rest of the world, or maybe make him revert back to an rage-filled animalistic state where he thinks he's a berserk EVA-01 reviving his fight against the Angels, Asuka taking the form of Sachiel or Zeruel.

That's how the game ends? I never played it, only heard great things about it, and that ending is definitely something. The ideas you have are really great, that's some first class psychological thriller material right there. Another take on that: Shinji encounters the beast numerous times, but only everytime when Asuka isnt by his side. So she, like you said, assumes he has gone mad and could become a threat to her, slowly turning hostile twords him. A talented author could write it so that the reader can never be sure what is going on, at one chapter he thinks "Okay, this is totally Shinji going crazy", and in the next chapter the reader is like "Holy shit, was Shinji right all the time?" I whould like that in the end the beast is indeed real, maybe some kind of incarnate manifestation of Shinji's despair and self-hatred. I'm a fan of supernatural outcomes :D

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:EDIT : after seeing Asukaner117's last post just above, I've another idea : make it happen not in a post-3I setting, but in a post-3.33 one! Asuka, Shinji and Rei Q are resting in a ruined building in what was once a little city in the suburb of Tokyo-3, before being attacked by some horrible creature born from the failed Third Impact, a sort of "little" FoI that somehow survived the failure of the Impact and is now tracking the trio.
Asuka is alone, without combat equipment except an utility knife in both Shinji and Rei Q's backpack, with Shinji still in catatonia and Rei Q not really good on initiative, stranded in a city completely turned to core in which nothing is usable anymore and which is the hunting ground of the "thing".

First she'll need to make Shinji snap back from his BSOD, and then find a way to escape from the thing before it finds them or they have to use more of their meager rations, which will diminute their chance of making it alive to a location where the Lilin could pick them up!

Another great idea, but if that thing is there since failed TI, what whould have been it's nourishment for the last 14 years? Core material? And what does FoI mean?

Gob Hobblin wrote:Asukaner, I am on it. Notes will be drawn. A chapter will be created! I will see what I can do.

:asuka_thumbsup: That's the spirit, i'm looking forward to read your take on that topic [/spoiler]

Edit: Okay, i'm officially to slow your you guys:D

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:17 pm

View Original PostAsukaner117 wrote:Another great idea, but if that thing is there since failed TI, what whould have been it's nourishment for the last 14 years? Core material? And what does FoI mean?

FoI means "Failure of Infinity". That's the giant "statues" of core material at EVA-01's image that are all around the ruins of Tokyo-3 and coverings the walls of the lowest parts of the main shaft, as well as Lilith's chamber.

The creature pursuing the trio would be one of them which for some reason is smaller than the others and is still "alive". Which means that our heroes are against a 7 foot tall headless living statue made of core material(like the rest of the city and landscape, making it very hard to spot him) hellbent on killing them!

As for the nourishment, it doesn't need it, it's against the heroes for other reasons :
if it's Shinji, it's because he still has an "imprint" from EVA-01 and the FoI thinks it's Lilith and want to absorb it to be completed(that theory assumes that EVA-01 was made from Lilith like in NGE), or course if it succeed that would fail, since Shinji is not Lilith. If it's against Asuka, it's because of her angelic infection, and it want to absorb her for the same reasons than for Shinji.
That would be an excellent occasion for Asuka to talk about what happened to her eye and continue with all the hardships she had to leave after Bardiel.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:56 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Take into account that if Shinji regain his senses he will immedietly come into conclusion that if the thing that is chasing them is some sort of FOI that means it's his fault and creation, cue even more angst, guilt and maybe tendency to let it devour him as a self imposed punishment.

It's a post-EoE story, so none of that applies.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:10 pm

View Original PostAsukaner117 wrote:Hmm what if it is just one "thing"? Like in that Game "Miasmata" [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FGr_Zyc5-g[/url]. A invincible threat that forces both of them to get thier shit together, to work together and to face their fears?

SOKATH, HIS EYES UNCOVERED!

Shinji and Asuka at Tokyo-3.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:06 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It's a post-EoE story, so none of that applies.

At one point Mariachi suggested it taking place after Q with one of the smaller FoI somehow animated as the enemy.
Another jaded man.

Mr. Jive
Adam

Postby Mr. Jive » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:23 pm

I think a story taking place after 3IP whit kensuke runing around what left of Tokyo all by himself taken on anything that not human,getting his hands on anything that can be use as a weapon, putting that super brain of his to good use and make some sort of gizmo suite well repeating catch phases from army movies. Soon or later he meets up whit his friends and classmate, yet he's not sure if they are real or imaged until T Sizzle say something that only they know about And desided to lead the group of kids in battle. Of course a certain hothead would give him problem seeing as how she refuse to listen to him along whit the fact she now has a drinking problem which would lead to the two classing most of the time. In time the 2 put their difference aside and work together until more humans are found help to rebuilt Tokyo and kill or cantain the rest of the monster/creatures in the city......for now.

I have more story ideas but thats for another time.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Does anyone think it would be out of character for Shinji, Toji and Hikari to send Kensuke on a blind date with an otaku girl?
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:57 pm

If the angels stopped interrupting and allowed more school shenanigans to happen I think things could easily come to that.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:20 pm

I was thinking Shinji getting tired of Kensuke constantly nagging him to put in a good word for him at NERV, leading to Shinji asking Toji and Hikari how to get rid of this annoyance for good.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

My Idea For an Eva Fic...

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:41 pm

So here's my idea for an Evangelion fan fic.

It would be a "serious" fan fic. It would be based off of the original 26 episodes and EoE. I would call it Neon Genesis Eavngelion Season 2.

I want the story to be in script form with an insertion of images (created by me) similar to the way Evangelion:R was made.

It would consist of 26 chapters presented in an "episodic" fashion, and two long conclusion chapters, presented as being "movies".

The episodes should mirror the original show in certain ways without being too derivative or uncreative. Just give it a kind of reflective balance that matches the the tone of the original.

Here's the Premise:

It's set three hundred years after the beach scene at the end of EoE. (That would make it the 24th century.)

The story starts with Shinji. He awakens in Tokyo 4, which is an exact look alike of Tokyo 3. It should since it was part of a program called ARK. New Angels arrive and the circumstances of their nature is just as mysterious as both his and Asuka's resurrection...But with Unit 01 lost eternally to the cosmos, how will they fight this new threat?

ARK's Their logo is similar to NERV's except with a cross instead of a leaf. History prior to the series: This program was designated as the ultimate failsafe against the Angels and the event of 3I. Every major government system was invested in being apart of this program. They created a space vessel whose internal parts were modeled to be exactly like Tokyo 3, since it was a "fortress city". They left the planet in secret once the government operatives were given by the UN to make the assault on NERV just prior to 3I. Once away from Earth's orbit, all of them men, women, and children aboard the vessel went into cryogenic sleep. They manage to avoid being turned into LCL and the events of EoE play out completely with them being completely unharmed as it turns out the effects of the Angels' powers are limited to the planet they happen to be inhabiting. Thus, the super secret Project EX (as in Exodus) is a success with a fraction of humanity able to survive.

300 years later...

The ARK, which operates on a system similar to the MAGI awakens the head scientists aboard who see that the Earth is inhabitable once again. They descend near the sea of LCL with millions of people and animals to start the world over again. The sea of LCL is still completely present and no one has yet found the will within themselves to come back to life. The scientists are also startled and touched to find two skeletons lying beside each other upon the beach...

Some of my major ideas fan fic include:

New Angels (obviously)

A reconstructed Unit 02 and (MAYBE) some "new" Evas

The return of (AT LEAST--I might decide on more characters at some point) Shinji and Asuka, they will NOT be all lovey-dovey or sentimental in any way (THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO MECHANICALLY INDUCED WAFF WITHIN THIS STORY)

Dr. Akagi's original Magi returns and is improved upon by linking it to the ARK system making a 4 supercomputer based technology instead of 3.

The return of the Mass Production Eva's (those fuckers just won't die will they? lol) possibly in a new form...

A deeper exploration of Kaworu's past (during the first 26 episodes prior to his appearance in episode 24) alongside SEELE

A Kaworuquarium...

The appearance of Rei IV

An exploration of Shinji and Asuka's last days alive as well as a variety of flashbacks alluding to various observations of people's mind within the sea of LCL made by GNR.
This will be necessary to truly connect and cope with the traumatically grotesque horrors of 3I and then eventually succumbing to death (at a later undisclosed time) and being brought back to life.

4th Impact

Last but not least:

THE RETURN OF UNIT 01!!

If anyone thinks this story has a strong or at the least, "good" premise, let me know. Overall, I would simply like to know what you all think of my ideas for continuing and expanding upon the original story of Neon Genesis. Thanks for reading my ideas! http://forum.evageeks.org/images/smiles/grin.gif
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Asukaner117
Adam

Postby Asukaner117 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Another silly idea i just had :ting: :

Take the cast from the original Star Trek: Enterprise series and replace them with our beloved heroes. I think the chemistry between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy is a great foundation. Replace Kirk with Shinji, Spock with Rei and McCoy with Asuka, add cool Starships, great dialog with cutting irony and bizarre Space Aliens. Sounds like a entertaining read in my ears :D

Return to “Fanfiction”