How would you feel if 3.0 & Final....

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Frankly I've always hated the Rebuild post-credit previews & think fans need to just take the stick out of their asses & accept the previews are useless & should just be ignored.

They work great for TV where the next episode HAS to be out next week so that episode is either already finished or just mere days away from completion.

They're pointless when you're dealing with films that can take years to complete & have no reason to adhere to what was in the "preview" they through together at the last minute after finally getting the film finished.

Anno probably just scribbles some notes on a napkin while eating his lunch on the last day of production, hands the napkin to the C-team animators, tell them to go at it & not to bother him anymore.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:56 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Frankly I've always hated the Rebuild post-credit previews & think fans need to just take the stick out of their asses & accept the previews are useless & should just be ignored.

Aww you're no fun... :irked:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:10 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Anno probably just scribbles some notes on a napkin while eating his lunch on the last day of production, hands the napkin to the C-team animators, tell them to go at it & not to bother him anymore.

Well, the process is actually a bit more involved than THAT...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:33 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Frankly I've always hated the Rebuild post-credit previews & think fans need to just take the stick out of their asses & accept the previews are useless & should just be ignored.

They work great for TV where the next episode HAS to be out next week so that episode is either already finished or just mere days away from completion.

They're pointless when you're dealing with films that can take years to complete & have no reason to adhere to what was in the "preview" they through together at the last minute after finally getting the film finished.

Hear, hear!

I think of the previews as demo recordings. You have the "band leader" (Anno) plunking out a rough draft on the piano to start with. Once the whole band is involved, lyrics change, compositions become complex or occasionally morph into something entirely new.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Anno probably just scribbles some notes on a napkin while eating his lunch on the last day of production, hands the napkin to the C-team animators, tell them to go at it & not to bother him anymore.

The 2.0 preview explained fairly what we would have, and everything was here except the moment Misato slaps Ritsuko which hinted that Leliel would be in 2.0(IIRC it was planned to have him in, but the idea was later scrapped during production proper).
As for the 3.0 preview, well it's possible that the script was completely changed mid-way or that the events of the preview actually happened during the time skip and was used in the preview to mislead us, there is evidences for both.
Guess we won't have any answer about it until the CRC.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

WunderBah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WunderBah » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Curious to ask, ElMariachi, why evidence do you think could possibly validate the former? (Q's original plot getting scrapped for a new one).

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:07 am

^
Mostly circumstantial ones : mainly the fact that the preview has nothing to do with the final movie we got, and the fact that Q's production took much more time than Ha, despite the fact that the former is shorter.
But the later could have other explanations, like all the experimentations Anno made in the image format, the huge use if 3D CGI, the fact that as they stopped to remade parts of NGE's episodes there weren't any tenga to reuse, having to do everything from scratch...

It's more of a theory than anything else at this state, we'll have to wait for the 3.0 CRC to have answers. I hope.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:49 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:...there weren't any tenga to reuse...

:bigeyes: oh my...

Surely you mean genga, because tenga is something else...
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:55 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Surely you mean genga, because tenga is something else...

Protip : In Japanese, puns are aplenty. The word tenga here is something that isn't dirty ("righteously arranged or elegant") and there are other uses of the word, such as "galaxy". Sometimes, "ginga" is used for just the Milky Way, and "tenga" is used for other galaxies. Puns aplenty. It's not something like, say, a "petanko" or "lolicon", which can hardly be mistaken for anything else.

We now return to your regularly scheduled discussion.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:54 am

Pretty sure he still meant genga (原画) as in animation, thus nothing to reuse from NGE since Q is so far off the rails.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:17 am

Yes, I meant to say genga. -o-;

:facepalm:

:gravedig:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”