What Do You Think Rebuild will have?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 pm

Reichu wrote:He hadn't even seen the whole goddamn show when he scribbled those up.

Eh? Does it say that in Sore o Nasumono?

Also, Asuka turning into a "werewolf"? Carl didn't say anything about that in the book's description...
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:49 pm

Reichu wrote:He hadn't even seen the whole goddamn show when he scribbled those up.

Does this have anything to do with Last A/Last B or the orginal series summary idea ("in the final episode NERV's destoryed and the Promised Land (whatever the hell that was supposed to be, the name escapes me) is found.")??

The thought of Asuka as a werewolf got a good chuckle out of me. Hell, Rei can take Asuka out with that gun of hers! :wink:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:37 pm

What if in Rebuild Kaworu is not even an Angel? What if he's just the annoying homo-sidekick?

That would turn som Evafans heads in shock.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:29 pm

What I wanna see: Some of Shinji's life as a child (eg Sandbox scene in RL ^_^) and or life with Sensei before being forced to pilot Eva. *coughs*

Also, some of Asuka's childhood as well as college days/Eva Training.

Both being only about 5 min clips or so woud work, as long as we get something. (probably repeating myself, but oh well)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:40 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:What I wanna see: Some of Shinji's life as a child (eg Sandbox scene in RL ^_^) and or life with Sensei before being forced to pilot Eva. *coughs*

Also, some of Asuka's childhood as well as college days/Eva Training.

I definitely agree, we really need to see some of this. If anything, I just hope that they keep Shinji as the main character, and don't gay it up with too much Kaworu.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:35 pm

What if Kaworu gets to be a princess (transgendered a la Versailles no Bara), mechanical and from the future?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:56 pm

I agree that we need to see more of the children before they came to NERV. It's just too interesting to see what made them how they are not to show. More Kaji too. What were him and Misato like back in their crazier years, and his relationship with Asuka in America.

AchtungAffen wrote:What if Kaworu gets to be a princess (transgendered a la Versailles no Bara), mechanical and from the future?

As long as there ain't no kitty killin, I'm down with that.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:04 pm

TriLink12 wrote:What were him and Misato like back in their crazier years, and his relationship with Asuka in America.

Germany.

AchtungAffen wrote:What if Kaworu gets to be a princess (transgendered a la Versailles no Bara), mechanical and from the future?

Is that like the inverse of Utena?

I'm still vouching for fem-Kaworu. Kaworu turning out to be a boyish-looking girl and a hybrid-freak would be so awesome. A new spin on the reverse trap! (Unless girls looking like boys due to an unusual cross-species pedigree has already been done.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:04 am

Reichu wrote:Is that like the inverse of Utena?

More like the inspiration for. The title character is one Oscar de Jarjeys, Commander of the Palace Guard at Versailles, the nth daughter of General de Jarjeys, whom he declared to be his son, and raised as such.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Rahaquiel-2D1S
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Rahaquiel-2D1S » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:11 am

In this day and age, there's prolly gonna be....

service, service! FAN service, that is..... :3
Haunted dolls? If Rozen Maiden ever taught us anything it would be to look under it's dress.

<No animated GIF in sig, please. -Admin>

felineki
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby felineki » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:00 pm

If it involves naked Evas and gratuitous core shots, then I'm all for it.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:04 pm

felineki wrote:If it involves naked Evas and gratuitous core shots, then I'm all for it.

I wouldn't expect anything less.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:26 pm

felineki wrote:If it involves naked Evas and gratuitous core shots, then I'm all for it.

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:34 pm

Reichu wrote:

:shock:

I can't wait any longer! I might have to watch Eva again just to pass time... :roll:
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:13 pm

Reichu wrote:

QFT.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:39 pm

Omegagouki wrote:
Reichu wrote:

QFT.

I concur!
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:34 pm

Yeah, it'll even have a hospital scene where Shinji accidentally pulls back the armor over Unit 01's core and Images to it.

Shinji: Wow, maybe there really is something wrong with me.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:46 pm

NAveryW wrote:Yeah, it'll even have a hospital scene where Reichu accidentally pulls back the armor over Unit 01's core and Images to it.

Fixed!
Awesomely Shitty

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:07 am

BrikHaus81 wrote:
NAveryW wrote:Yeah, it'll even have a hospital scene where Reichu accidentally pulls back the armor over EVA-01's core and Images to it.

Then, realizing she has fapped rather than schlicked, her eyes fixate not upon her hand, but upon her open fly.

REICHU:
Wow, I guess I really do suffer from Castration Anxiety after all.

Fixed!

Fixed yer fix.

Of course, if we ever get to see a Dr. K. who satisfies my expectations, we can reasonably expect an Alice-esque schlick scene to follow.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:32 am

Ok Reichu, from what the producer (Toshimichi Ootsuki) of Rebuild says Kaworu and Rei will be the main characters in the films.

http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/2006/10/23/rebuild-of-evangelion-update/ :This where I got the info.

Yah for Rei. Boo for Kaworu. My two cents.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”