[News] 2013 News (NO POLITICS)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Hope that doesn't lead to another sugar-for-fat substitution scheme...
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 am

With pre-production in full-swing, a confirmed release date has been set for Lucasfilm's highly anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII.

Star Wars Episode VII Hits Theaters December 18, 2015

[url]http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-to-open-december-18-2015.html[/url]

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Even if this movie looks like it's going to suck, I'm going to go see it anyway so that I can complain about just how much it sucked. It will also have the upside of that if I go in expecting shit and it turns out to be amazing, I can fanboy over it later.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:42 pm

And we still don't have a date for FINAL...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Hopefully we'll get one within the month, even if it's just a general year. Stay strong!

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 pm

The only remotely good thing about it is that Lawrence Kasdan is back on the project. Otherwise...I have a very poor impression of it.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:07 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:The only remotely good thing about it is that Lawrence Kasdan is back on the project. Otherwise...I have a very poor impression of it.

It's Abrams, so of course it will be vapid and empty. But it should at least sound nice, since Williams is back doing the score. And with Kasdan, who knows? Maybe we'll be surprised. I'm not holding my breath, since Abrams is both directing and producing, but I've been wrong before.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:13 am

The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:45 am

Even "The Writer" would do a better job than the average Hollywood idiot! (That and the Turkish Chess Player are astounding. I never dreamt such things really existed!)

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:58 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:(That and the Turkish Chess Player are astounding. I never dreamt such things really existed!)

You mean that there was some guy in the box controlling it all while all the gadgets in front just made it look like an automaton?

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:13 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:You mean that there was some guy in the box controlling it all while all the gadgets in front just made it look like an automaton?

I found out about the Turkish Chess Player being a fraud only afterwards - the BBC program never explained how it worked, and no wonder why. To be fair, the mechanical arm at least was real.

There's the "Draftsman", which is like the Writer and capable of drawing 4 pre-programmed pictures. And unlike the Chess Player, it's completely genuine.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:06 pm

System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 pm

It does seem pretty trollish that he basically did the equivalent of a movie producer finding a random person named Roger Ebert to endorse their film.

What would be interesting would be seeing how his political views actually line up...
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:47 pm

View Original Postdrinian wrote:It does seem pretty trollish that he basically did the equivalent of a movie producer finding a random person named Roger Ebert to endorse their film.

What would be interesting would be seeing how his political views actually line up...

If people are gonna vote without even getting a look at the guy I say they got what they deserve. I mean seriously . . .
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:34 am

This is probably symptomatic of how low politics can get - but then again, I've seen plenty of stuff like this happening (upper-caste candidates pretending to be lower-caste to gain lower-caste votes). Nothing particularly new - except that in this case the candidate's ethnicity should've been obvious.

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Tribblepoo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:43 am

"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:23 pm

the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:41 pm

:facepalm: Way to go, state of my origin and residence. :irked:
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:43 pm

Use your goddamn blinker son.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:48 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Use your goddamn blinker son.

Thankfully, I can't dri-- ...wait, what's this?!

article wrote:They were then taken to Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, New Mexico, where doctors performed a full battery of invasive medical procedures.

AND IN MY GODDAMN TOWN, TOO?! :fistshake:
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”