[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:56 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:@ Blue Monday : I don't know if it was the same for you, but my Mark.09's right leg was an absolute hassle to position correctly, the joint between the leg and the hip was stiff as a stick!

Positioning it onto the base? Yeah, I had issues with that too - Another user mentioned it as well in this thread, IIRC. Not so much the right leg for mine though, more just a problem posing with the hip area to get it to stand upright and not leaning awkwardly.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:10 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Positioning it onto the base? Yeah, I had issues with that too - Another user mentioned it as well in this thread, IIRC. Not so much the right leg for mine though, more just a problem posing with the hip area to get it to stand upright and not leaning awkwardly.

THIS.
No matter how I tried to position it, it looked like a drunkard barely able to stand on its feet and leaning on the scythe as a support to don't trip over! :lol:

Well I finally managed to put it in a decent position, so it's all cool I guess, but I'm not going to change its pose anytime soon!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Alpha
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Alpha » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:35 am

I agree with all the above posts. Mark.09 balance on the stand was so hard to manage, it always seemed like if he was clinging to the scythe in order not to fall :lol:

However, since I opted to use that based with Eva-13 in the end, it was hard to pose it there, too, but when I managed to get him rigth, he stood uprigth very nicely
This is what nature planned. This is nature's sacrifice.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:41 pm

The Eva 02 Kotobukiya kit is in pre-order at AmiAmi...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

daniel00
Embryo

adding Shinji RAH - plugsuit or uniform?

•      
  •      

Postby daniel00 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:11 am

Hi Guys,

Ive got RAH plugsuits Rei (v2) and Asuka (v3 with helmet) on order.
Now im thinking of adding Shinji .
Plugsuit version would seem an obvious choice - but i kinda like the way his uniform version looks.
It also seems like a nice contrast with the girls in the plug suits - kind of tells more of the EVA story in a way.

Any inputs & advice ?

Ideally Id just get all 3 in plugsuits and uniforms. lol.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Got yesterday my Eva 08 beta...

I may be reviewing it later if someone where to explain why exactly Khara asked for other of my reviews removed...
I received this notification from the Eva 02 gamma review... It says about the infringement but not on what infringement exactly... Any ideas :irked: ?
Last edited by SEELE-01 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Huh, that's really strange...
You should reply asking why specifically, maybe.
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:28 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Huh, that's really strange...
You should reply asking why specifically, maybe.

I thought so too, but the only option they give to the matter is to make a counter-claim, which would (of course) result in Khara being right and may go up to removing my whole channel for "abuse" of their "legal system"...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:37 pm

For whatever it's worth: I had an NGE AMV of mine removed by khara's legal people. Not 100% sure why, but I guess Youtube is going that route where they're getting stingy.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:35 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:For whatever it's worth: I had an NGE AMV of mine removed by khara's legal people. Not 100% sure why, but I guess Youtube is going that route where they're getting stingy.

I feel your pain. I had many of my own AMV's removed by Youtube as well.
Pretty much gave up making new videos because YT keeps taking them down :irked:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:50 am

AMVs I can understand (though not agree), as actual footage is used therein - But for a review of a figurine?
Pls Khara...
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:55 pm

I have the impression that it is because of the screencaps I use to show what stuff could've come with the Eva... :um:
If so, come on; if so, then why are the reviews of Mark 09, Eva 13 and 08'α still in Youtube?

I'm making the review of Eva 08'ß, I guess it'll be shorter and less illustrative :irked:

Edit:
Doing this is so much fun :tongue:

Veefy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Veefy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:59 pm

RAH Unit 01 is getting a re-issue (without the AT field exclusive extra).

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-002843

daniel00
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby daniel00 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:11 am

I jumped for joy when I found out about this too! one more chance at that RAH Eva-01.

Btw, I preordered for an EVA-02 Gamma as well , but I am able to get an EVA-02 1st version for just a little bit higher. Any advice on which to have?
Im thinking the Gamma version's body at least doesnt exactly look like the EVA-01 body. But then, the 1st version is more iconic. The Gamma could be also mistaken for one of those comic book cyborgs. argh , hard to decide.

Same goes for Eva-00 and EVa Mk 09. Althought the EVA-00 is also just damn expensive for what it is so I'm leaning towards an Eva Mk .09. I hope they are close enough in looks.

View Original PostVeefy wrote:RAH Unit 01 is getting a re-issue (without the AT field exclusive extra).

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-002843

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:54 am

My unit 08b finally arrived in the post :) great figure very happy with it, wonderful sculpt and paint. Only gripe would be that the green on the eyes dosen't pop just as much as i'd like :/ but only a small thing. On the other hand trying oget the A.T field into the hopper drone pice is a bloodynightmare, almost impossible to get it in!
Man can't live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise..

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:06 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Got yesterday my Eba 08 beta...

I may be reviewing it later if someone where to explain why exactly Khara asked for other of my reviews removed...
I received this notification from the Eva 02 gamma review... It says about the infringement but not on what infringement exactly... Any ideas :irked: ?

Maybe becouse they know revoltech sucks and dont want it tarnishing their brand online ?
Do you use any soundtrack or snippets of the movies in your reviews ? snipets of music or video is fair use, if you use the whole soundtrack however its not.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:22 pm

The only things I think could have caused the removal are resized screencaps and some pics from the lineart of the booklet that came with the Bluray release...

And, it was Khara who asked for the removal, not Kaiyodo, and in fact it was a very positive review of a figure which does not suck in any way (setting aside my overall preference for the brand)

But anyhow, in 6 moths the video will be back...
I was gonna make the review of Eva 08 beta today but my neigbour decided to renew his housefront and was making a hell of building noise emoji-U+1F612

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:48 pm

Ah that can be a problem too, they can say you did not had authorization to publish image from the film, even if for YOU its just a screencap, but companies do pay to use those things, but my suspicion was the infraction on the booklet that is the uttermost agravating.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Goddamit!!! :fistshake:
It seems Youtube has disabled me to upload videos longer than 15 minutes... I'll have to split the review of Eva 08'ß :stars:

Now, the winning question: why they didn't say so before I spent almost 2 hours uploading the HD video!!??

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:55 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Goddamit!!! :fistshake:
It seems Youtube has disabled me to upload videos longer than 15 minutes... I'll have to split the review of Eva 08'ß :stars:

Now, the winning question: why they didn't say so before I spent almost 2 hours uploading the HD video!!??

It's part of their retarded policies: If you get a takedown notification you can't upload videos longer than 15 minutes.

You should make a counter-claim of an unjust takedown. Reviews are protected under fair use. If you don't fight back, the bastards will never stop.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”