What are you watching right now? (tv series + see OP!)

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm watching the last episode of The Wire tonight.

I already have many things to say about Season 5 and the show in general now that I've seen (Mostly) everything, but it's time for The Game to finally come to an end.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:08 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Enter The Void

It's much better if you imagine the protagonist as Oz.

I actually gave permission to Gaspar Noe to follow me with a camera whenever I wasn't lining up for AKB shows. It was also my ghost who chatted with you on Skype.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:13 am

https://soundcloud.com/nightvaleradio

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:58 pm

From the best Tv series finale to the worst I've ever seen. Dexter S8....WTF did I just watch. I don't even

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:59 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:From the best Tv series finale to the worst I've ever seen. Dexter S8....WTF did I just watch. I don't even

S8? What the fuck?

Dexter ended after season 4.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:35 am

Been smashing my way through Friday Night Lights recently, having finished up S2 on Sunday night.
Have little idea why I'm so hooked on it but I'm really into all the characters - No kidding; enjoying it as much as the likes of The Wire or Breaking Bad, even.

Once done, will start S5 of BB so I can watch the Final Episodes.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Someone decided to add the first season of The Boondocks to NetFlix instant. I'm not sure what makes me angrier: the fact that they've caused me to waste hours of my precious time, or the fact that they neglected to add seasons 2 & 3. Also season 4 is finally coming in January fuck yeah!

Also, there's a 15 part series called The Story of Film: An Odyssey... yeah, that's pretty time consuming. So many movies it makes me interested in watching...
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Holy crap, they actually have Rebirth of a Nation in an episode?

I need to check this series out sometime, I've heard really great things about it.

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:58 pm

The Walking Dead S4E2 "Infected"

if this is how the season continues to pan out, all is forgiven for S3

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:22 am

Actually, the only "new" shows I am watching at the moment are
The Walking Dead & Legend of Korra

I don't watch a lot of TV as you can see

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:37 pm

American Horror Story: Coven.

Not what I was expecting at all, from the initial description I was expecting basically a television remake of Suspiria, but instead its more of a campy, over-the-top teen drama with a lot of gore, and a lot of pretty good humorous moments. First three episodes have drawn me in, I'll just have to wait and see if the rest keep me hooked.

Also Jessica Lange (playing Fiona, the supreme witch, and my favorite character so far) is a total GILF. Hory sheeeit.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 am

Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 3 "Isolation"

Tyreese is not having a good day. :lol:

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:20 pm

So I just finished the first episode of The Story of Film: An Odyssey. Seemed pretty good for the most part, though I don't really understand what the narrator was going on about in regards to Casablanca in the first couple of minutes.

I also personally think he may be giving Alice Guy-Blache slightly more attention than she deserves. I find attributing her as the creator of narrative films at least a little dubious.

Definitely going to check out the rest of the episodes though!

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 4 "Indifference"

i really like this season so far.

Nostalgia
Embryo

it can be hilarious when it wants to be too

•      
  •      

Postby Nostalgia » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:30 pm

Again I'm suuuuuuuuuuuper late on this, but I'm on season 3 of Breaking Bad and it's pretty dang good in my opinion.

There's not really a lot I can say about BrBa that hasn't been said a million times before (including that statement), so I'll just leave it at that. Oh, I also watched a few episodes of Twin Peaks a while ago but I stopped for some reason, I should really get back around to it.
NEO-TOKYO IS ABOUT TO E.X.P.L.O.D.E

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 8 "Too Far Gone"

Now this is how you start a mid-season break. The episode was probably the best of the whole series so far, reaching near Breaking Bad levels on all fronts. Even the little homages to the comic did not go unappreciated, down to the
SPOILER: Show
Death of the Governor
and the episode did a terrific job of instilling suspense about all of the futures of the remaining cast members. For those of you who do read the original comic series it probably wasn't as shocking, but it was still as brutal and unapologetic as could be. Overall, a solid hour of television that shan't be forgotten so easily even after copious bong hits and whiskey sours.

LegionWrex
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby LegionWrex » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:21 pm

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 8 "Too Far Gone"

This episode basically sums up why I love Walking Dead: action, zombies, great characters, emotional deaths and amazing story.

Hershel's death was unexpected, but it worked to it's favor. It gave The Governor a new reason to die after becoming somewhat sympathetic (though it makes me wonder the point of those episodes to begin with).

Overall, great mid-season finale. Really looking forward to the rest of Season 4.
"....Bang." -Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
"Shorty?!? Can a shorty do this?!?" -Edward Elric (FMA)
"I've had many lives, many faces. But there is one face I try to forget..." -The Doctor (Doctor Who)
"So say we all!" -Admiral Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
"The only impossible is impossibility!" -Phineas Flynn (Phineas and Ferb)
"Screw you guys, I'm going home!" -Eric Cartman (South Park)

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:47 pm

View Original PostLegionWrex wrote:
(though it makes me wonder the point of those episodes to begin with).

Surely you were not content with the disastrous ending to Season 3? i am not really one to be on the side of the Governor, but episodes 406 and 407 most definitely served a purpose, besides the obvious explanation for the time skip shenanigans:

At the beginning of 406, we see the Governor as a broken shell of the man he once was: hopelessly determined to find death. His encounter with the family spurred something that he had deemed lost long ago, probably when Michonne executed Penny: a sense of righteousness and the ability to be a good man. Even though it can be argued that at this point the Governor was far beyond redemption, his willingness to accept Lilly, Tara, and Megan as his own unmistakably painted more humane shades to the Governor/Brian/Philip/whatever you wanna call him. Unfortunately in the next episode, beginning with Martinez's death, we saw that the Governor's past quickly came back to bite him in the ass, and resulted in him becoming the de facto leader of the camp, thus cementing his status as the vile man who was not above killing his own people because they disobeyed him. This all ties into the speech that the crazy chick from woods gave Rick, that you couldn't come back from things you've done. While Rick chose to disbelieve and persist against his stormy past, the Governor, unable to run away any longer, fully embraced it and dove headfirst back into evil.

AzraFell
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AzraFell » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:38 am

Currently in the midst of watching the second season of American Horror Story. I'm enjoying a lo more than the first.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:59 pm

Well, it took me 7 years, but I've now seen every Simpsons episode ever.

"Oh I've wasted my life."
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Return to “Film and Video”