Recent Hauls [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:02 am

Fucking Viz. Would have been nice to have some consistency with all 5 omnibus.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Paranoid
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Paranoid » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:19 am

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:Fucking Viz. Would have been nice to have some consistency with all 5 omnibus.

I'm still afraid they simply won't release a 5th.

Today I went to a minor sci-fi/fantasy con around where I live. There's usually some anime/manga stuff that creeps in, but unfortunately it's 99% Naruto/One Piece. I was, however, able to find a decently priced Black Rock Shooter nendoroid, which I couldn't resist buying:

Cute nendo, but very hard to put together. Compared to my Sayaka, she has a lot more tiny parts and some of them came in attached so firmly that I almost broke her trying to change pieces. I'm also not too pleased with the paint job at some places, but it's a decent fig nonetheless.
I like food.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."-Edel, Princess Tutu

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:41 am

For those who own the Eva omnibuses: Do they retain the notes and commentary that appeared at the end of the original volumes? Just want to be sure since I'm planning to order omni vol. 3 to finally get a tangible copy of vol. 9 and replace my vol. 7 and 8.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:04 pm

Yes, they do (though on reflection, there may be one difference in the volume you're thinking of - I'll list the articles in it for you later this evening).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:34 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:PS - I find button jeans as fast to open as a zip (slightly slower to close).

True that

http://www.vine.co/v/hrwgjHx0Tit

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:42 pm

SSD bought me this awesome UrsusArctos shirt today.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Comic-book order from BDUK:

Age of Apocalypse (2011), volume 2 'Weapon Omega'
Akira, volume 6
American Vampire, volume 1
Batwoman, volume 1 'Hydrology'
Hellboy, volume 4 'The Right Hand of Doom'
Irredeemable, volume 4
Revival, volume 1 'You're Among Friends'
The Flowers of Evil, volume 1
The Unwritten, volume 2 'Inside Man'
X-Men Forever, volume 3 'Come to Mother... Russia!'
X-Men Legacy 'Collision'

So between all that, my stack collected from the LCS earlier in the week and that fact that I plan on picking up GTAV tonight/tomorrow - I should be able to keep myself busy this weekend...

Oh, new Incendiary LP too:
http://img.deadformat.net.s3.amazonaws.com/tradelist/l/5244ca2fafbb9.jpg

"Death holds the world in chains, dragged in the dirt behind him."
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Killer Bee » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:20 pm

View Original PostParanoid wrote:Cute nendo, but very hard to put together. Compared to my Sayaka, she has a lot more tiny parts and some of them came in attached so firmly that I almost broke her trying to change pieces. I'm also not too pleased with the paint job at some places, but it's a decent fig nonetheless.

You got a bootleg, man. Nendoroids have strict quality control and GSC would never release one with a paint job like that. Don't buy from places like Ebay or anime cons, and if the price is too good to be true, it is. Stick to Japanese import sites if you don't want to get ripped off.

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Finally got presents from my mom and brother even though my birthday was two weeks ago. Not that I'm complaining now! Successful b-day I should think.

edit: Moved from pictures topic to its right place. - Xard

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:54 am

Received my copy of AKB0048's first season's American blu-ray release earlier this week.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 am

^
Prepare your ears, then. :lol:

Bought this with a portion of my pay I earned while in the field:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:56 pm

Got my prescription sunglasses today! :heart:

I was a little worried something would go wrong because my prescription is on the strong side, but they're perfect!

Definitely recommend Zenni Optical if you need to buy sunglasses.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Bought a Kimono-style sleeved t-shirt today.

80% cotton, 20% wool

Fabric feels like sex on my skin, cut is unique but on point, neckline has just about the right width and depth, weight feels just right, slight sheer looks good without bleeding anything of importance through, but it costed nearly 5 times as much as I would usually spend on tees.

But hnnghghghghg its so fucking worth it.

Over are the days of buying gimmicky graphic tees and shit I don't need, this is where it's at fgsds.

Now to stow it away for relatively special but casual occassions

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:51 pm

That's gonna look sick with your dropcrotch sweats and geobaskets.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:02 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:That's gonna look sick with your dropcrotch sweats and geobaskets.

ahahahaha...

abort mission abort I tell you

Seriously though, I'm all for spending money for quality things but 1,2k for a pair of shoes is kinda pushing it for me, not sure if I would just spend it on a single pair on shoes from an anti-fashion designer even if I had that kind of money, probably.
(They look cool in a way I guess but I don't think I'd have the wardrobe that would justify such a purchase.)

Noah
Embryo

Postby Noah » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:02 pm

I guess I'll out myself as a nerd now. This is not so much a new haul, just all the Eva stuff I own, actually.

EDIT 3.33: Image

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:26 pm

^There's a thread to proudly showcase what you got.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:29 am

View Original PostNoah wrote:I guess I'll out myself as a nerd now.

Who here isn't a nerd, seriously now ^^

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:
Kimono-style sleeved t-shirt ]

Umm, if you don't mind my asking, why is it called "Kimono-style"? Because it doesn't look remotely like a kimono to my mortal perspective.

EDIT:

Most of the books I ordered finally arrived, so I've finally completed my collection of The Sandman. Also I can finally start reading Slaughterhouse Five and The Bell Jar.
Last edited by Shinoyami65 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:52 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Umm, if you don't mind my asking, why is it called "Kimono-style"? Because it doesn't look remotely like a kimono to my mortal perspective.

EDIT:

Most of the books I ordered finally arrived, so I've finally completed by collection of The Sandman. Also I can finally start reading Slaughterhouse Five and The Bell Jar.

Oh, it's just Kimono-style sleeved.
Red line is how a normal t-shirt would be cut.

Basically you get a much lower arm hole with some additional fabric around the chest area
Just imagine a t-shirt that doesnt touch your armpits and kind of hangs around the chest/armpit area

It's just a little novelty thing I really liked when I was in the store, nothing else

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”